Longo Karate > Machida Karate

okusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They are both effective in MMA because they utilizing timing and reach beautifully, but Longo karate is all about offense, while Machida karate is about catching your opponent's offensive mistakes. Weidman VS Machida will once again show the age old theory that offense is in fact the best defense.

I don't know about that. I think Machida will dance around and get the better of Weidman on the feet. Chris needs to get the fight to the ground.

I don't know about that. I think Machida will dance around and get the better of Weidman on the feet. Chris needs to get the fight to the ground.

Same argument didn't work the last 2 Weidman fights, I'm not sure why you'd go to it now :icon_chee

more importantly Weedman > Machida at pretty much everything but backpedaling.

You're right, but I don't think Weidman has to win the fight on the ground, he only has to show that he can get it there.

Same argument didn't work the last 2 Weidman fights, I'm not sure why you'd go to it now :icon_chee

Machida has a totally different style than Silva. I thought Weidman would beat Silva on the feet or on the ground. Machida is a tougher fight for the Chris because Machida knows he can stuff a TD.

Longo karate doesn't exist. He is a certified boxing trainer.

If Longo can't stop a puck, he sure as hell can't stop Machida.

Longo has a JKD background, definitely not karate.

They are both effective in MMA because they utilizing timing and reach beautifully, but Longo karate is all about offense, while Machida karate is about catching your opponent's offensive mistakes. Weidman VS Machida will once again show the age old theory that offense is in fact the best defense.

I call bullshit. A good defense will always find a way to destroy someone on the offense. Any attack can be lessened, blocked, partially blocked, dodged, or nullified hence with the offensor in attack range he will always be KTFO. Good try.

I call bullshit. A good defense will always find a way to destroy someone on the offense. Any attack can be lessened, blocked, partially blocked, dodged, or nullified hence with the offensor in attack range he will always be KTFO. Good try.

Fedor and Cain disagree. Offense is where its at and nobody alive could F with either of them at their best.

Chop a hole in his fuckin chest

Fedor and Cain disagree. Offense is where its at and nobody alive could F with either of them at their best.

Your talking about relative skill which is another subject for study. If you had two Fedors fight each other, the one in a defensive stance who counters will come out on top. You still lose.

No one argues that offense is what wins fights. It`s obvious, and Machida wins fights when he has more offense then his opponent. The diference is that he does`nt throw 50 strikes per round, only 3-10. But still he got the job done with Sokoudjo, Thiago, Rashad, Couture, Bader and Munoz. Plus he got some one sided decision against Tito and Mousasi

Back