Longo Karate > Machida Karate

I probably shouldn't have but you, LNP 101 and about 3 other posters keep misrepresenting what I am saying and keep making assumptions about what I mean instead of just taking my words as they are and it's pissing me off.

Lol @ people actually getting mad over an internet forum

I probably shouldn't have but you, LNP 101 and about 3 other posters keep misrepresenting what I am saying and keep making assumptions about what I mean instead of just taking my words as they are and it's pissing me off.
Then just acknowledge when you are wrong and stop digging a deeper hole. You made some decent points, but you've also spewed some bullshit as well.

It will be a good fight. Both guys have ways to win. No one knows what is going to happen until July 5th.

And it will be epic.

10351460_1491689887726937_8049835788872103505_n.jpg

But he might have had if he had fought the same opponents as Machida.

I suppose that's true but that's a weird way to think. The evidence we have from his fights is that Weidman is very good at maintaining the distance he wants to fight at and is good at attacking and exiting on angles to avoid counters and has good timing. These are things that are good and would be especially helpful against a guy like Machida.

Sometimes experience can be good because you have seen more things but it can also be bad because there is a lot more tape for your opponent to analyze and take advantage of tendencies and holes in your games.

Then just acknowledge when you are wrong and stop digging a deeper hole. You made some decent points, but you've also spewed some bullshit as well.

It will be a good fight. Both guys have ways to win. No one knows what is going to happen until July 5th.

And it will be epic.

10351460_1491689887726937_8049835788872103505_n.jpg

Where was I wrong? No one pointed out where I was wrong they just added other stuff where Machida might be better or ways in which Machida and Anderson differ, just because that new information may have been right doesn't make the other info wrong, it's just painting a more accurate picture.

Point it out then don't just say it as if it's a fact without backing it up.

I agree but that doesn't mean we can't analyze the fight and discuss it, I just don't like hyperbole, exaggerations, people making assumptions on my views and deciding to only look at half of my posts.

I never said that, please just take my words as they are and don't make assumptions, if you think I mean something ask don't assume or you're going to be arguing about something I never said.

I know you never said that.. I never assumed that you were stating that or not. It's just my opinion...

Anderson is a good guy. I don't like the clowning shit that much, but that's the only reason I'm not a big fan of him. Sometimes you guys just need a reality check because Anderson is the most overrated fighter of all time aside from Fedor. He is an all time great for sure, but people act like he is the GOAT when he was defending his title in a shallow division against guys who were average or subpar fighters at best. His best win was Vitor. He got finished by Takase, Chonan, and Weidman.

He wasn't some sort of GOAT mma fighter God like everyone makes him out to be. I'm not hating on him, I'm just being honest. I never said Anderson was a can. He is just extremely overrated.

Every now and then a "savior of Sherdog" appears to supposedly enlighten all those blinded by the media, UFC hype etc, and in most cases the share the same fate: they get banned. So why not save yourself the trouble and avoid jumping in every thread/post mentioning Anderson?

Anderson's TDD isn't as good as Machida's at all. I'm a huge Anderson fan, but I'm still willing to admit that his TDD wasn't ever that good. Silva even has stated he doesn't like to go to the ground before and also he didn't even stuff Sonnen's TD attempts he was grabbing his shorts...

silvastddefens.gif

even Davis who faced Machida said he is very difficult to take down.. THIS COMING FROM A WRESTLER..

Phil%252520Davis%252520vs.%252520Lyoto%252520Machida%252520%2525285%252529.gif

I'm not saying Weidman will or will not have a hard time taking Machida down, but it sure as hell won't be as easily as he took Anderson down. Lyoto has a solid team with him he's currently training with a all american wrestler from penn state which will be really beneficial for Machida especially with his sumo wrestling background experience.. here are some clips..

http://instagram.com/p/oRhVGpJ6bL/

http://instagram.com/p/oVpR5jJhwO/

Anderson would showboat to induce his opponents to mess up it has always been risky for him to do that. Machida on other hand likes to avoid being in his opponents striking ranges that's why people call him "boring" because he doesn't engage very much, but it's his style and it definitely frustrates his opponents.

For those comparing Machida to Anderson keep in mind Machida won't be showboating or keeping his hands down like Anderson does. Lyoto also moves a lot and the Mousasi fight is a perfect example of that..

IMO at this point of Weidman's career this isn't a good fight for him. He might be feeling himself a little bit because of beating Anderson and he could possibly get too careless and get caught with something. Machida wins via TKO round 4.

Anderson stuffed Weidman like 3 times

This.

But don't expect NoBias to acknowledge this post. It pokes holes in his argument.

I did, I think I'm just going to put you on my ignore list because I can't stand how you post. You're like TheComebackKid.

I don't know about this

I know you never said that.. I never assumed that you were stating that or not. It's just my opinion...

Ok, but you quoted me and posted all that as if I disagreed with it. Anderson's TDD is good and has gotten much better since the Sonnen fight as for Anderson cheating in the second fight he absolutely did however Sonnen also cheated in the first fight.

Yes Machida has better TDD and better hips than Anderson but he's not impossible to takedown and even though I disagreed with the Machida vs Davis fight it was a close fight and I see Davis as a poor man's Weidman.

I did, I think I'm just going to put you on my ignore list because I can't stand how you post. You're like TheComebackKid.
The ignore list is the ultimate level of gotten to.

The only person who has ever actually used that is wiz cool c..

You are the one going around calling people "dipshits." Yet I am the bad guy.. Okay, dude.

Lol anybody notice what a sissy little girl NobiasJustMMA can be?

If you disagree with him enough he'll not just put you on ignore but then also bring up your name constantly.

If you want to ignore people then ignore them no need to be a pubescent little girl about it.

I remember seeing only 1 stuffed TD.. post gifs you can find all three. can't see the fight atm.

at the end of the day Machida's TDD > Anderson's TDD imo. I still love'em both tho.

I agree.

He stuffed Weidman in the second round of both fights I believe but don't quote me.

And yeah Machida's TDD isv definitely better than Andersons.

the fudge is longo karate? are you a full retard?

Anderson's TDD has actually gotten quite good since the first Sonnen fight, Machida doesn't use his sprawl as much either he uses more footwork to avoid takedowns, however his work rate is even less than Anderson's but he is a more difficult match up for Weidman because he can lead better.

Having said that Weidman having fought Anderson his last two fights is very helpful because there isn't really anyone at MW more similar to Machida than Anderson is, they are both right handed southpaws that prefer to counter, have low work rates, really good TDD aren't too good with hooking punches but have great straights.

Weidman will match Machida's footwork and beat him and IMO finish him before the 4th, Weidman has more tools than Machida and isn't as predictable.

Interesting.

I do have a lot of questions about Weidman though. Obviously he's one of the best fighters in the world, at any weight, in the first round when he's fresh.
Can he still execute a TD on advanced MMA fighters from R2 onwards?
Can he still move around quickly and stay out of trouble from R2 onwards?

He's definitely good, but it's not proof to me that anything works, just because a guy broke his leg or got knocked out while pretending to be drunk with his eyes closed.

And R4? I need to see if what he's capable of down the stretch, before deciding anything.

I know a lot about Machida, but not as much about Weidman.
Not betting this fight and not making a prediction either.

Lol anybody notice what a sissy little girl NobiasJustMMA can be?

If you disagree with him enough he'll not just put you on ignore but then also bring up your name constantly.

If you want to ignore people then ignore them no need to be a pubescent little girl about it.
Lol I guess I'm joining you on his ignore list now.

This shit is priceless.

Interesting.

I do have a lot of questions about Weidman though. Obviously he's one of the best fighters in the world, at any weight, in the first round when he's fresh.
Can he still execute a TD on advanced MMA fighters from R2 onwards?
Can he still move around quickly and stay out of trouble from R2 onwards?

He's definitely good, but it's not proof to me that anything works, just because a guy broke his leg or got knocked out while pretending to be drunk with his eyes closed.

And R4? I need to see if what he's capable of down the stretch, before deciding anything.

I know a lot about Machida, but not as much about Weidman.
Not betting this fight and not making a prediction either.

Have you watched all of Weidman's UFC fights and his fight with Uriah Hall? I think the Sakara and Maia fights are good ones to watch to answer some of your questions despite him taking those fights on 14 days notice and 11 days notice respectively, he was effective in the later rounds with his takedowns in both fights against guys with above average TDD, not Machida level but few are. He does have a variety of takedowns though and tends not to force them because he is so well rounded.

He is much better at setting up his takedowns than Sonnen for example and because of that he's got a better success rate thus far. Sonnen and Weidman have two common opponents, Anderson and Maia and Weidman's takedown success rate was better against both of them.

I don't think Weidman plans on showing his cardio though, that's not the type of fighter he is, he's only been to 3 decisions and 2 were short notice, not sure if the Valdir Araujo fight was also short notice or not but he's a guy that finishes fights.

Back