Lomachenko vs Lopez Oct.17 ESPN

Loma might win but I don't think Teo's quitting in his corner. The kids really confident and seems to have a lot of spirit.
I didn't think Rigondeaux would quit either. But Lopez is young, so even if it goes bad for him he shouldn't be too disheartened.

The big question is obviously whether Lopez is ready for this fight. Stylistically, I think he's a bad fight for Lomachenko- I like power and timing over speed and workrate, in general.

Who is saying its easy?
no one really, but everybody seems convinced that loma will handle business. i think it will be his toughest fight to date. styles make fights and lopez has a funky way of moving, especially off the left hook.

Last edited:
no one really, but everybody seems convinced that loma will handle business. i think it will be his toughest fight to date. styles make fights and lopez has a funky way of moving, especially of the left hook.
I think Loma will handle business but I'd never think it will be easy. Lopez is very dangerous and talented. He is bigger and stronger, maybe not faster but there isn't much in it. Loma will need to be on point to win here but I think he can do it. However, if I was purely betting, I'd bet big on Lopez. Definitely Loma's toughest opponent to date excluding Salido.

I think Loma will handle business but I'd never think it will be easy. Lopez is very dangerous and talented. He is bigger and stronger, maybe not faster but there isn't much in it. Loma will need to be on point to win here but I think he can do it. However, if I was purely betting, I'd bet big on Lopez. Definitely Loma's toughest opponent to date excluding Salido.
great fight, and one of the few i have been really excited about for a while. i think your right about the betting thing as well, loma should be able to use his ridiculous amounts of skill to win, BUT it will be very, very interesting. one of the things that impresses me the most about loma is his determination and ability to adapt to get the job done. the way he cut down linares with body shots was impressive.

Reactions: Ruv
no one really, but everybody seems convinced that loma will handle business. i think it will be his toughest fight to date. styles make fights and lopez has a funky way of moving, especially off the left hook.
Fair take. I think Loma is going to go through some scary moments, but I believe he will overwhelm and break Lopez down late.

I was just so amazed how he ate that shot from Linares and acted as if nothing happened I mean that was square and hard

that shocked the shit out of me

Lopez is a timing type fighter so I imagine he'll catch Loma at some point but that's never a guarantee with Loma

if he eats it the same way then all's good

Last edited:
I will not watch any Lopez fight anymore or read his dads dreams.
Until he will defeat Canelo. ;)
In murcia attention might be get even from haters, but I newer will pay any cent to watch guy that had told stuff like this in this YT video.
-

-----------------------------------------------
https://www.boxingscene.com/lopez-sr-teofimo-destroy-loma-better-career-mayweather--151441
-------
Lopez dad does have very big mouth.
Typical prizefighter: rude pavian. Diffrence from pavian: pavians aren't money hungry.
-----------
Teo should fight Canelo. :):)
Attention and money hungry guy should fight with Canelo.
-

lopez is gonna have his hands full! his dad said it best. speed beats everything and loma is pretty fast and can also punch the body.

I think so too It's amazing to me some here think power trumps all
Yo me and you almost got the same name. Great minds and all that, homie. Dap it up. Your bro proud of you and hopefully it's reciprocated like a palindrome my guy. You know how it is. Haaa.

The big question is obviously whether Lopez is ready for this fight. Stylistically, I think he's a bad fight for Lomachenko- I like power and timing over speed and workrate, in general.

This might be the most reductive thing you've ever posted (which is saying something). If you think that Lomachenko is just the white Amir Khan than i don't know what to tell you. It's tantamount to describing Canelo Alvarez as if he was the Mexican Bobby Czyz or Vinny Pazienza

Loma wins it I think
Lopez feet are too slow and stationary to keep up with his movement, will be hard to set himself to land his big counters as Loma darts around his lead leg, which Lopez sits very heavy on

This might be the most reductive thing you've ever posted (which is saying something). If you think that Lomachenko is just the white Amir Khan than i don't know what to tell you. It's tantamount to describing Canelo Alvarez as if he was the Mexican Bobby Czyz or Vinny Pazienza
"Leave Loma alone!"
cry-baby-blog.jpg

well lopez will have to work on his lucky punch! and hope his timing has improved drastically from his last two fights.
?
His last fight was Commey, who he KO'd with a well timed shot.

Back