Lomachenko and Cruz have the same style?. Great fighters both of them

b1.jpg

n2g4gg_medium.gif

10001961.gif

1.gif

LoL.
I know, it makes you look pretty bad.

He's not an elite fighter that's for sure. But i respect him because he has the balls to fight. A punch in your face is no joke so i respect him

You shouldn't respect the dumb shit he says on his shit podcast. The guy has the intelligence of a 9 year old retard.

They don't have the same style or the same footwork. They're completely different sports and Lomachenko is an elite boxer. So, no. Cruz is a highly defensive fighter that looks to land counter punches and takedowns. As another poster said, he wastes a lot of lateral movement. He's also nowhere near as athletic as Lomachenko, doesn't have the power, the phenomenal foot speed, hand speed and reflexes, the crazy balance and coordination, fluidity, explosiveness or graceful finesse. That's not a slight against Cruz, but, it is what it is.

You can't compare one of the greatest amateur boxers in history, who won two gold medals in two different divisions at the Olympics, a Val Barker trophy (best boxer P4P/most stylish at the Olympic Games), two amateur world championships in two different divisions at the World Championships, and recently became the fastest man to ever win a major world title in two divisions in professional boxing history to Cruz. Lomachenko has fought and beat guys with far better footwork even at the national level as an amateur boxer, much less on the world stage.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OP took Brendan Schaub's thoughts from Rogan podcast and made a thread about it.
When did Schaub say that? Jesus christ man, the guy is a former fighter. He should know better.

When did Schaub say that? Jesus christ man, the guy is a former fighter. He should know better.

He said it late June or no later than July 1st on one of Rogan's podcasts. Here's a link to the video and the page is dated July 1st. http://smackhisface.com/2016/07/01/...b-break-down-vasyl-lomachenko-mexican-boxers/

Schaub said that what Cruz is now doing in MMA, Lomachenko is doing in boxing. Rogan didn't even know the guy's name was Salido and called him some other name. Then, when Joe is talking about all of these bad ass tough Mexican boxers over the years, he mentions Canelo. They clearly don't follow boxing as hardcores, just casuals. That's my take on their brief conversation after Schaub brought up the Lomachenko vs Martinez fight and said he thinks Loma is the best P4P boxer in the world right now. It's the first video on the page that I linked.

He said it late June or no later than July 1st on one of Rogan's podcasts. Here's a link to the video and the page is dated July 1st. http://smackhisface.com/2016/07/01/...b-break-down-vasyl-lomachenko-mexican-boxers/

Schaub said that what Cruz is now doing in MMA, Lomachenko is doing in boxing. Rogan didn't even know the guy's name was Salido and called him some other name. Then, when Joe is talking about all of these bad ass tough Mexican boxers over the years, he mentions Canelo. They clearly don't follow boxing as hardcores, just casuals. That's my take on their brief conversation after Schaub brought up the Lomachenko vs Martinez fight and said he thinks Loma is the best P4P boxer in the world right now. It's the first video on the page that I linked.
To be fair, Schaub just compared what Cruz in regards to their respective sports. I don't think that he meant that Cruz is at the same level, but being Schaub, he might have.

Lol you are spot on with the other stuff "he lost to Solice(?), right?" and Schaub doesn't know the difference either. Also, "boxing is the best it's ever been"... really?

Anyyyway, yeah it's obvious they are casuals. Joe probably used to know boxing some years ago.

Does Brendan Schaub know more about fighting than you?

Serious question, yes or no answer please.

It's a bad comparison. Both guys.move. one guy moves going forward and hangs in the pocket to hurt his opponent

Cruz circles and circles. It's not an apt comparison. That's it

It's a bad comparison. Both guys.move. one guy moves going forward and hangs in the pocket to hurt his opponent

Cruz circles and circles. It's not an apt comparison. That's it
How good is Cruz compared with Loma's boxing style?

Lomachenko is better.

Cruz got lit up on the feet by TJ. He uses his footwork mostly to run away from his opponents.

Lomachenkos foot work wasn't good enough to beat orlando salido

Dis you watch the fight? Salido came in 10lbs. Heavier and he fought a guy with 50 fights who is a very ,very good fighter and just had a draw with Vargas who is now fighting Pacquiao.

And Loma fought him for the belt in his second fight.

You don't see what's unique in this?

How good is Cruz compared with Loma's boxing style?

I don't know how to answer but go find zab Judah vs.Jr. Witter.
You don't have to watch the whole fight.. just any part and Cruz fights just like jr. Witter.

I don't know how to answer but go find zab Judah vs.Jr. Witter.
You don't have to watch the whole fight.. just any part and Cruz fights just like jr. Witter.
damn you're a boxing fan

Dis you watch the fight? Salido came in 10lbs. Heavier and he fought a guy with 50 fights who is a very ,very good fighter and just had a draw with Vargas who is now fighting Pacquiao.

And Loma fought him for the belt in his second fight.

You don't see what's unique in this?
... wrong Vargas and different weight class. And the main reason Loma lost to Salido was the fact that Salido is as dirty as they come. Loma wasn't used to his style.

... wrong Vargas and different weight class. And the main reason Loma lost to Salido was the fact that Salido is as dirty as they come. Loma wasn't used to his style.
Loma accepted the result with good grace. For me it's a tight fight and hard to score but Loma was out wiled by the more experienced guy. Referee did the worst job possible warning Lomachenko in early rounds for nothing and letting Salido get away with all those lowblows

I jut heard about the paq fight and I was shocked that Francisco got that paq fight.

Salido is dirty,the ref was bad and salido cane in very heavy.
Vasyls manager cost him that fight. Didn't make salido lose any weight or even try.

Cruz bounces around like a rabbit on speed with really awkward upper body movement, Lomachenko's every move is calculated and there's no wasted step.

Cruz is no where close to Lomachenko's level

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back