Loma vs Campbell for vacant WBC lightweight title

Right, said that since day 1. Maybe take a break from calling me a fanboy (not sure how that tracks based on this conversation but whatever).

Why do you think I want to see him fight someone with a shot at beating him? I don't watch fights just because some guy I like is there. I like competitive fights. There hasn't been one guy Lomachenko has fought that he isn't massively favored over.

Now what people are going to read there is not what I said. I'm going to have people demand to know who he should fight and demand I explain who's fault it is that he fights who he does. Explaining those things doesn't improve the quality of his opposition, which is good but not so great as to be rating him as high as people do. No one rates anyone he's fought very highly. He fights Linares and suddenly a borderline journeyman is "one of the world's best". Its promotional BS. The guy has no signature win. He's a highlight reel type of fighter, which is great but everytime out? Think about it. Its some massive event that Linares knocked him down. Why? Because we know Linares is actually pretty mediocre. But we won't say that. No instead we start saying he's actually an ATG fighter. Its ridiculous. There are fighters with deeper resumes that Lomachenko. He's a P4P king by promotion only.

You guys are like those people who used to post here at the peak of Pacmania. We're either with you or against you. No middle ground. If I don't worship the guy, I'm a hater and possibly racist.
wait. linares was a borderline journeyman and pretty mediocre?

the same linares who held the WBA and ring titles? the same linares who was a mandatory challenger to mikey garcia and who mikey blatantly ducked?

lomachenko moves up in weight for the second time to finish a world champion, and immediately after the fight you brand that world champion a mediocre journeyman. that's just hilarious.

lot's of bickering I don't put too much stock on Loma's loss to Siri and yes he did lose for sure the judges had it right. Not, sure if Arum had no say of a ref they get a known bad ref. Siri showed he was a pro uses dirty tactics some legal some not legal. but why the heck would he let up if he's able to aim low and the ref says jack shit.

Loma took over late but it wasn't enough, it was all around a bad promotion idea that I thought was going to haunt loma.
How good was Campbell really, if you think he's a good fighter than that was a good win for Loma. Campbell looked to have good skills and timing himself, if he isn't as good as I think he might be then maybe Loma will have some issues.

Who do people think Loma needs to fight what's the best matchups without moving to 140 which maybe he will do.

Loma started at 102 as an amateur when he was 16, the same age Pac turned pro at. Pac getting on mexican milkshakes to put on 40lbs of muscle while staying lean doesnt mean Loma has to as well.

What you mean Pac put on 40 lbs of muscle on Mexican Milk shakes, the dude would be 180 pounds if that were true, he weighs the same as he did at 126 pounds, at that weight he walked around at 144 to 145, he currently walks around 148 pounds at 40 years old

Loma started at 102 as an amateur when he was 16, the same age Pac turned pro at. Pac getting on mexican milkshakes to put on 40lbs of muscle while staying lean doesnt mean Loma has to as well.

HE:S STILL MAH B OY! GOTTA BACK HIM UP BY THROWING DIRT AT BETTER FIGHTERS!!!!

It doesn't.
Well it did because it got Loma title shot in his 2nd pro fight. That's the reality whether you like it or not. You can call him a hype job all you want but the fact is his 396-1 record as an amateur is what got him that fight.

An amateur fighter got too big for his britches and couldn't handle the pros.

Fanmania dies. The fight will be there for people to watch forever.
I think you don't like lomachenko beacause when Vasyl's career is over. There might be an argument that he was a better boxer than Floyd. Vasyl has two olympic gold medals. Mutiple amateur world gold medals. Avenged his only loss as an amateur twice and has a 396-1 record. Won a world title in his third fight. I actually thought he won the salido fight he outlanded him. He did this even though salido came in overweight and had multiple fouls throughout the whole contest. It was also reported Salido turned down a rematch multiple times. Beat Gary Russel jnr in his 3rd fight for a world title. Who is a fighter who is still avoided now. Since then i have never heard of Lomachenko trying to duck or avoid anyone close to his weight class. Floyd even admitted he didn't want gervonta davis to fight Lomachenko. Also there are videos of Robert Garcia. Mickey's brother and coach saying how great lomachenko is.
Floyd on the other hand lost either 6 or 8 times as an amateur out of a little over 100 fights.This was when he couldn't control who he fought or when he fought them, gloves and where he fought them, refs, judges etc. He has losses as an amateur he hasn't avenged. By the way i have watched his loss in the olympics. It wasn't a robbery and the guy who beat him lost in the final. Even his win in the quarters over the cuban was very, very close. Floyd obviously had an outstanding pro career. But if he fought maidaina in argentina who do u think would have won. Floyd is a great fighter but he also managed his career very well. Floyd is a better business man than lomachenko. But lomachenko might be a better boxer.

Dont get crazy. Loma doesnt belong in the same sentence as Floyd and likely doesnt have enough years left to make it there.

Dont get crazy. Loma doesnt belong in the same sentence as Floyd and likely doesnt have enough years left to make it there.
I meant when if u look at both of their careers including the amateurs. It is easier to win a pro world title than a olympic gold medal imo. Depends how much u value an amateur career. I think it is harder to go 396-1 as an amateur than go undefeated as a pro for 50 fights.

Waheng menayothin is 53-0 at the moment in the pros.

If lomachenko has between 7 and 10 more fights and wins against top quality opposition. You could make the argument. When u look at floyd and lomachenko whole boxing careers including amateurs. Who was the better boxer.

I meant when if u look at both of their careers including the amateurs. It is easier to win a pro world title than a olympic gold medal imo. Depends how much u value an amateur career. I think it is harder to go 396-1 as an amateur than go undefeated as a pro for 50 fights.
Theres a difference in going 50-0 and going 50-0 while winning multiple weight class titles and beating handfuls of HOF caliber talents.

Are you on some sort of medication?

I thought it was a good fight and Luke fought very well. I was impressed with both guys, but I EXPECTED a great performance out of Lomachenko, and HOPED for a good performance out of Luke.

I thoroughly enjoyed that fight..... Fury vs Povetkin was hard to watch all the way through.

I think you don't like lomachenko beacause when Vasyl's career is over. There might be an argument that he was a better boxer than Floyd. Vasyl has two olympic gold medals. Mutiple amateur world gold medals. Avenged his only loss as an amateur twice and has a 396-1 record. Won a world title in his third fight. I actually thought he won the salido fight he outlanded him. He did this even though salido came in overweight and had multiple fouls throughout the whole contest. It was also reported Salido turned down a rematch multiple times. Beat Gary Russel jnr in his 3rd fight for a world title. Who is a fighter who is still avoided now. Since then i have never heard of Lomachenko trying to duck or avoid anyone close to his weight class. Floyd even admitted he didn't want gervonta davis to fight Lomachenko. Also there are videos of Robert Garcia. Mickey's brother and coach saying how great lomachenko is.
Floyd on the other hand lost either 6 or 8 times as an amateur out of a little over 100 fights.This was when he couldn't control who he fought or when he fought them, gloves and where he fought them, refs, judges etc. He has losses as an amateur he hasn't avenged. By the way i have watched his loss in the olympics. It wasn't a robbery and the guy who beat him lost in the final. Even his win in the quarters over the cuban was very, very close. Floyd obviously had an outstanding pro career. But if he fought maidaina in argentina who do u think would have won. Floyd is a great fighter but he also managed his career very well. Floyd is a better business man than lomachenko. But lomachenko might be a better boxer.
Lots of fighters rate above Floyd.

Well it did because it got Loma title shot in his 2nd pro fight. That's the reality whether you like it or not. You can call him a hype job all you want but the fact is his 396-1 record as an amateur is what got him that fight.
So my point stands. He got a title shot that he did nothing to earn.

Being a good amateur doesn't get you a title shot.

wait. linares was a borderline journeyman and pretty mediocre?

the same linares who held the WBA and ring titles? the same linares who was a mandatory challenger to mikey garcia and who mikey blatantly ducked?
Same guy, yes.

lomachenko moves up in weight for the second time to finish a world champion, and immediately after the fight you brand that world champion a mediocre journeyman. that's just hilarious.
Linares is nothing special. Never has been. He had a good run against a bunch of other mediocre lightweights.

Be honest, when Lomachenko announced the Linares fight, were you concerned Lomachenko might lose?

Just noticed Linares is actually fighting next week.

I think Loma's good and all but imagine him vs Roberto duran at 135.
Duran murders him

Back