Loma vs Campbell for vacant WBC lightweight title

I think you don't like lomachenko beacause when Vasyl's career is over. There might be an argument that he was a better boxer than Floyd. Vasyl has two olympic gold medals. Mutiple amateur world gold medals. Avenged his only loss as an amateur twice and has a 396-1 record. Won a world title in his third fight. I actually thought he won the salido fight he outlanded him. He did this even though salido came in overweight and had multiple fouls throughout the whole contest. It was also reported Salido turned down a rematch multiple times. Beat Gary Russel jnr in his 3rd fight for a world title. Who is a fighter who is still avoided now. Since then i have never heard of Lomachenko trying to duck or avoid anyone close to his weight class. Floyd even admitted he didn't want gervonta davis to fight Lomachenko. Also there are videos of Robert Garcia. Mickey's brother and coach saying how great lomachenko is.
Floyd on the other hand lost either 6 or 8 times as an amateur out of a little over 100 fights.This was when he couldn't control who he fought or when he fought them, gloves and where he fought them, refs, judges etc. He has losses as an amateur he hasn't avenged. By the way i have watched his loss in the olympics. It wasn't a robbery and the guy who beat him lost in the final. Even his win in the quarters over the cuban was very, very close. Floyd obviously had an outstanding pro career. But if he fought maidaina in argentina who do u think would have won. Floyd is a great fighter but he also managed his career very well. Floyd is a better business man than lomachenko. But lomachenko might be a better boxer.

This is the definition of an overhype narrative. You are going to pretty desperate lengths to highlight Loma's accomplishments while at the same time minimizing Floyds. But that is what you would have to do to make it appear as if the two fighters resumes are even comparable.

Loma is a great fighter but Floyds accomplishments and longevity in professional boxing dwarfs Loma's period. There is zero argument about this if your look at the two resumes unbiased. Since when did amateur records get weighted so highly over professional boxing accomplishments? I guess when your try and push false boxing narratives.

Last edited:
So my point stands. He got a title shot that he did nothing to earn.

Being a good amateur doesn't get you a title shot.
True.

But he made the most of it.

everyone get's title shots for no reasons these days.
Lara fought Canelos older brother for a belt somehow. sometimes bad people because champs because they are the opponent to a name fighter and they upset.

nobody should disagree with you that loma got shots for no reason but boxing is messed up and a vacant title goes to a promoters dog.

everyone get's title shots for no reasons these days.
Lara fought Canelos older brother for a belt somehow. sometimes bad people because champs because they are the opponent to a name fighter and they upset.

nobody should disagree with you that loma got shots for no reason but boxing is messed up and a vacant title goes to a promoters dog.
As much as I dislike Lara, he's still up there in the rankings. Not sure why Alvarez was across the ring from him.

Thats true.

But it's a wild criticism to make of a guy that he's fighting too deep from the get'go.
Shows how much you actually respect the guy when you think of it, Seano.

Some of you seem to think that it's a failure of a fight for Loma if he doesn't dodge every single punch and his punches don't cause his opposition to blip out of existence as soon as they land.

Same guy, yes.
ok. was worried there was another linares out there that lomachenko beat.

Linares is nothing special. Never has been. He had a good run against a bunch of other mediocre lightweights.

Be honest, when Lomachenko announced the Linares fight, were you concerned Lomachenko might lose?
not really concerned, but i thought linares had a good chance. he was the top guy in a division above lomachenko's. moving up and fighting the best guy there is dangerous.

but even if i weren't, i don't see how that makes linares any worse. i wasn't concerned for one second that floyd would lose to manny, either. was manny a mediocre journeyman?

you seem to think that lomachenko clowning world class opposition means the opposition couldn't possibly be world class. i believe that's called a confirmation bias.

Lomachenko can't get any reasonable amount of credit. At least we do get a few interesting discussions out of it, I guess.

But it did get him a title shot. You just don't think it should have done. There is a difference. You think he'd have got a shot if he was some 20-1 amateur with no titles?

Ah, I see Loma threads are still filled with opinions all over the place. All is well in the world!

I liked the fight, it was a good showing from both of the fighters. That being said, i think Lomachenko should go down in weight, this is not his weightclass.

This is the definition of an overhype narrative. You are going to pretty desperate lengths to highlight Loma's accomplishments while at the same time minimizing Floyds. But that is what you would have to do to make it appear as if the two fighters resumes are even comparable.

Loma is a great fighter but Floyds accomplishments and longevity in professional boxing dwarfs Loma's period. There is zero argument about this if your look at the two resumes unbiased. Since when did amateur records get weighted so highly over professional boxing accomplishments? I guess when your try and push false boxing narratives.
I said when lomachenko's career is over and if he has another between 7 and 10 pro fights against top class competition there would be an argument when you look at floyd and lomachenkos whole careers including the amateurs. Who was the better boxer? At the end of the day lomachenko has been fighting at the very least decent competition since his second pro fight. There are pro's who don't fight a guy with a winning record untill their 20th pro fight.

You have to attack Loma when he's retreating and off balance then pressure him and you rest and clinch while jabbing, when your gun shy and just prob he's going to attack when your fatigued and then study your habits and counter you and hurt you, but when you prob he knows your not confident enough to outbox him, you throw a strong hard snapping Jab and then attack when he's backing up and crossing his feet and resting, then hard jabs and inside body attack then hold.

Chavez Jr beats him easily and stops Loma late because of his pressure and chin and body attack.
If that waste of talent ever luckily beats loma it’s only cause they are 4 weight classes apart... nothing else.

Last edited:
If salido didn’t suffer from a magnetic passionate attraction to to male genitals, we’d have all the casuals spamming the boxing section with “Is this ukranian lowballchenko is the next to surpass TBE????”.

Theres a difference in going 50-0 and going 50-0 while winning multiple weight class titles and beating handfuls of HOF caliber talents.
Of course that is true. But people using lomachenkos loss to salido as a way to diminish his whole career. Especially because it was so controversial. Is like using the fact floyd didn't win a gold medal to diminish floyds career. And floyds loss in the olympics wasn't a robbery. It was a close fight. Roy Jones Jnr in the olympics now that was a robbery.

I liked the fight, it was a good showing from both of the fighters. That being said, i think Lomachenko should go down in weight, this is not his weightclass.
Problem is there is nothing for him there. If he wants to continue the career trajectory it will be outside of his natural weight classes.

Why? he's still undefeated. Boxers should struggle here and there or else they are not challenging themselves.

Back