Loma vs Campbell for vacant WBC lightweight title

Settle down. This is the shit I'm talking about. Is this reasonable talk for a conversation about boxing?
The guy has an obvious problem and I'll be honest I'm starting to think that I'm going too hard on him. It's like picking on an annoying retard. But you know better and deserve all the shit you get.

like who? Prograis Ramirez and Taylor are the holders and they are all killers. did you see the guy Dadashev fought? he's the IBF mandatory, a complete tank. Loma would get abused.
Oh, I don't know about RIGHT NOW. Just saying, belts are being handed out to mediocre fighters all the time. There'll be one at 140 eventually. Super middle is pretty strong but Canelo picked up a title there without being threatened, for example.

Right, said that since day 1. Maybe take a break from calling me a fanboy (not sure how that tracks based on this conversation but whatever).

Why do you think I want to see him fight someone with a shot at beating him? I don't watch fights just because some guy I like is there. I like competitive fights. There hasn't been one guy Lomachenko has fought that he isn't massively favored over.

Now what people are going to read there is not what I said. I'm going to have people demand to know who he should fight and demand I explain who's fault it is that he fights who he does. Explaining those things doesn't improve the quality of his opposition, which is good but not so great as to be rating him as high as people do. No one rates anyone he's fought very highly. He fights Linares and suddenly a borderline journeyman is "one of the world's best". Its promotional BS. The guy has no signature win. He's a highlight reel type of fighter, which is great but everytime out? Think about it. Its some massive event that Linares knocked him down. Why? Because we know Linares is actually pretty mediocre. But we won't say that. No instead we start saying he's actually an ATG fighter. Its ridiculous. There are fighters with deeper resumes that Lomachenko. He's a P4P king by promotion only.

You guys are like those people who used to post here at the peak of Pacmania. We're either with you or against you. No middle ground. If I don't worship the guy, I'm a hater and possibly racist.
Youve called him overrated, a hype job, and a one trick pony more times than I care to count. Now all of a sudden you say he is great.

If youd like more of your post history shoved down your throat let me know. I quite enjoy watching you choke on your own words.

I'll take Lopez if that happens, and before people talk shit, I've picked Lomachenko to win every fight he's had so far.

Watching Lomachenko struggle with guys like Campbell and Linares makes me think he'll have even more issues with a well rounded guy just coming into his prime like Lopez.

I think Lomachenko is a little too one dimensional. He's quick as can be and I think that fools a lot of people into thinking he's alot more than he really is. He's really only effective at a certain range, he seems more hittable with each passing fight. The writing is on the wall for Lomachenko, IMO. Lopez is on the rise, Lomachenko has struggled more and more.
I'll watch some more of Lopez then; it could be he had an off night against the Japanese fighter. The guy was almost 6' after all so I guess he'd be a nightmare for almost anybody at Lightweight.

I think, too, and this might be an unpopular thing to say, that we've seen the best of Lomachenko already. I don't believe that he can carry on for another 3 or 4 years at the top. He might have another year at the most. If Lopez can hold off that long I can see him winning; right now, I can't.

Youve called him overrated, a hype job, and a one trick pony more times than I care to count. Now all of a sudden you say he is great.

If youd like more of your post history shoved down your throat let me know. I quite enjoy watching you choke on your own words.
lol at what you think you see. Post with less emotion.
He is all of those things.

I still think he's a great fighter.

But I'm not rating a guy who lost to Salido and beat Linares and Roman Martinez as being up there with guys like Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather etc.

I'll watch some more of Lopez then; it could be he had an off night against the Japanese fighter. The guy was almost 6' after all so I guess he'd be a nightmare for almost anybody at Lightweight.

I think, too, and this might be an unpopular thing to say, that we've seen the best of Lomachenko already. I don't believe that he can carry on for another 3 or 4 years at the top. He might have another year at the most. If Lopez can hold off that long I can see him winning; right now, I can't.
Japanese boxers always seem to give their all. Its like their thing. Sort of like Mexicans have a style. You know when you see some unknown Japanese fighter with a glossy record in the ring, its going to be a pretty competitive fight.

Lopez is green but its not like he'll be fighting Lomachenko next. He's on the upswing. I think he's a better counter puncher already than most of the guys Lomachenko has fought and has real power like no one he's fought, IMO.

Lopez was a decent amateur too. I believe he's the future of that weight class, assuming he doesn't outgrow it.

lol at what you think you see. Post with less emotion.
He is all of those things.

I still think he's a great fighter.

But I'm not rating a guy who lost to Salido and beat Linares and Roman Martinez as being up there with guys like Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather etc.
“Hes a great fighter.” How is he a great fighter and a hype job?
I just don't like him. Get over it. I really don't know what else to say to you. I think he's a hype job and a cherry picker who never earned the right to cherry pick. I've never really pretended otherwise. He avoided Salido after Salido kicked his ass. He avoided Walters when Walters looked dangerous. He's ranked #1 P4P by a lot of people when no one he's fought comes anywhere close to being a P4Per themselves. He whined about Salido having a weight advantage and is now fighting a small 118 pounder in his next fight, oddly a fight that couldn't be made when they were closer in weight but now is a reality after Mikey Garcia expresses interest in fighting Lomachenko. The guy is a con job. Sorry, thats how I see it. If you can't get over it, go fuck yourself and take advantage of this sites ignore function. I'm getting pretty tired of explaining shit to you over and over again.

“Hes a great fighter.” How is he a great fighter and a hype job?

Its not a riddle. He's great. He's just not "one of the greatest ever" as people are saying. There's no one on his resume that makes his great.
How is he not a promotional hype job? He got title shots he never earned based on who his promoter was. He was 1-0, got a title shot at a major belt without fighting anyone ranked, LOST and was rewarded with yet another title shot.

Tell me he did jack shit to earn those fights. Tell me why you think he got those shots.

Its not a riddle. He's great. He's just not "one of the greatest ever" as people are saying. There's no one on his resume that makes his great.
How is he not a promotional hype job? He got title shots he never earned based on who his promoter was. He was 1-0, got a title shot at a major belt without fighting anyone ranked, LOST and was rewarded with yet another title shot.

Tell me he did jack shit to earn those fights. Tell me why you think he got those shots.
You act like the sanctioning bodies haven’t always been about who would pay them the most?

And did what against Spence by just surviving? But then didn't drop back down to fight at LW after shitting the bed with an appalling performance at WW because he didn't want to face Loma. Remind me who Garcia is lined up to fight now? Loma's free.... Garcia won't make a fight with Loma at LW who he has a natural size advantage over because he knows if he loses he won't have any excuses. When fighting a WW like Spence if he loses he can just claim 'Oh they were just a lot bigger than me'. With Loma there can be no excuses for losing. He's scurred and only an idiot like you would deny it.
Call me crazy but i think Mikeys gonna beat Danny.

Call me crazy but i think Mikeys gonna beat Danny.
I don't see it. Mikey was so negative against Spence I see him doing the same here because Danny is a big puncher and much bigger than Mikey. I think we'll see Mikey boxing really negatively just like he did with Spence and then claiming a moral victory just because he didn't get knocked out. Mikey needs to be fucking honest and get back to LW and face up to Lomachenko. Maybe he will now since Loma looked vulnerable against a bigger opponent for the second time at LW. Mikey has a definitive size advantage over Loma, no reason to be so cowardly.

You arent a hype job when youre winning the fights.

You arent both a great fighter and a hype job. Hype jobs are the guys who are called great and lose when they face the competition. Loma is not that. Loma is the real deal and you know it as well as we do.

You act like his 396-1 amateur record counted for nothing as a pro. 2 Olympics Golds and 2 World Championship titles actually mean something. You think Arum could have got Loma world title shots if he didn't have the BEST EVER amateur record in history? Don't be fucking naive!

And again this massive over-simplification that he lost his second pro fight like there was no controversy at all. You make yourself out to be just a hater. He lost a razor close decision against a guy that he very nearly stopped who came in massively overweight, landed over 100 low blows and had a ref that was completely blind to all his fouls. Stop talking shit.

Last edited:
You arent a hype job when youre winning the fights.

You arent both a great fighter and a hype job. Hype jobs are the guys who are called great and lose when they face the competition. Loma is not that. Loma is the real deal and you know it as well as we do.
You're a hype job when you get a title shot at 1-0.

height is not weight. Pac packed on slabs of muscle as he moved through the weights and kept flattening guys. Loma has clearly reached his physical ceiling at 135.
Slabs of muscle? Pacman just stopped cutting weight, he would rehydrate to 145 pounds on fight night when he fought at 130 pounds, he walks around at 145 to 148 pounds. Where are these slabs of muscle pacman put on. Lomachenko is getting hyped up yet his fans dont want him tested, if jmm, pac, and floyd can fight and beat bigger men why cant lomachenko he is pretty much their size, floyd started at 130, jmm at 126, and pac at 106.

Slabs of muscle? Pacman just stopped cutting weight, he would rehydrate to 145 pounds on fight night when he fought at 130 pounds, he walks around at 145 to 148 pounds. Where are these slabs of muscle pacman put on. Lomachenko is getting hyped up yet his fans dont want him tested, if jmm, pac, and floyd can fight and beat bigger men why cant lomachenko he is pretty much their size, floyd started at 130, jmm at 126, and pac at 106.
Loma started at 102 as an amateur when he was 16, the same age Pac turned pro at. Pac getting on mexican milkshakes to put on 40lbs of muscle while staying lean doesnt mean Loma has to as well.

Back