Loma vs Campbell for vacant WBC lightweight title

svmVR2097

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So it's looking like this is Loma's next fight. Honestly, not horrible but nothing that'll excite anyone. Loma will be heavily favored. Would unify 3 of the 4 belts while everyone waits on Commey later in the year for unification and potentially to crown the undisputed champion of the division.

I'd assume Hearn is upset his planned Campbell/Haney fight for the vacant title isn't going through. Thoughts?

Source: http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41063920-4

if campbell can avoid taking too much punishment, this will be a good learning experience for him. just way too early in his career to be taking on a task like thjs

Fighting a guy who was beaten by someone Loma has previously beaten....Loma is 31 now...needs to start looking for fights that'll cement his legacy

Nothing wrong with this one. Theres not a ton of flash for Loma outside of Mikey and we know Mikey doesnt want the smoke.

Loma should take all the straps.

Nothing wrong with this one. Theres not a ton of flash for Loma outside of Mikey and we know Mikey doesnt want the smoke.

It's a real bummer that Garcia went that way. I guess on one hand it's probably not a good idea to take a really risky fight after you just got shutout - that's not going to help his stock. But it doesn't sound like he's interested in going back to 135 at all. I'll change my tune if he is just stopping off at 140 to come back down slowly - but I have a feeling he's going to try to pull Loma up to 140 and that sucks.

It's a real bummer that Garcia went that way. I guess on one hand it's probably not a good idea to take a really risky fight after you just got shutout - that's not going to help his stock. But it doesn't sound like he's interested in going back to 135 at all. I'll change my tune if he is just stopping off at 140 to come back down slowly - but I have a feeling he's going to try to pull Loma up to 140 and that sucks.
I think, from what I've heard, his next fight will be at 147

Gosh, who will win?

Gosh, who will win?

boxing fans! not a great matchup by any means but I love watching Loma work. Was good to see the Canelo and Jacobs fight happen so that's something at least.

boxing fans! not a great matchup by any means but I love watching Loma work. Was good to see the Canelo and Jacobs fight happen so that's something at least.
A true Top Rank classic. A fight no one wants but at least the star gets to show off.

A true Top Rank classic. A fight no one wants but at least the star gets to show off.

lol the whole system is fucked, ironically even after the distaste I have for Canelo getting caught for PEDs I have plenty of respect for him not for the fights he's been taking on.

How much more would Campbell make against Loma than with Haney? Makes sense financially, he’ll most likely catch a beating and can still do something with Haney before hes irrelevant. Im sure he’d loose to both anyhow.

I see it as the same matchup. I doubt he has anymore pop he’d be fucking around and looking a lot slower like he did at 147 and thats no bueno...

Honestly thought NATE campbell when I saw thread title. Kind of expected it from TR

I'm glad people are seeing the truth now. Before I was just a delusional Lomachenko fan boy for daring to suggest that Mikey was ducking him but now it really is looking exactly like that. Loma vs. Campbell is not a great fight BUT as you say who else is there for him to fight? Hell he's even talking about going back down to 130 to have possible fights with Davis, Berchelt and Farmer. Loma is desperate for a challenge. I think he wants the Garcia fight so bad that he'll follow him up to 140.

How many kids do you chase off your lawn each day, old man?

Well, there's a bet to make.. will he last longer than Crolla?

Back