Loma vs Campbell for vacant WBC lightweight title

Fighting a guy who was beaten by someone Loma has previously beaten....Loma is 31 now...needs to start looking for fights that'll cement his legacy

How much can we say this while openly being aware that promoters draw boundaries around their fighters? This is why the fights we want rarely happen, or, if they do happen they almost never happen on time. We are drawn to the high stakes and high risks of big fights as much as promoters fade from them.

I don't know. If there are other fighters in TR's stable (if so, let me know because I am ignorant), then maybe that's why the priority is unifying.

lol the whole system is fucked, ironically even after the distaste I have for Canelo getting caught for PEDs I have plenty of respect for him not for the fights he's been taking on.

I agree, but also, he knows he gets the benefit of the doubt for every close round so that would encourage me, too.

How much can we say this while openly being aware that promoters draw boundaries around their fighters? This is why the fights we want rarely happen, or, if they do happen they almost never happen on time. We are drawn to the high stakes and high risks of big fights as much as promoters fade from them.

I don't know. If there are other fighters in TR's stable (if so, let me know because I am ignorant), then maybe that's why the priority is unifying.
Who else is there though? Mikey seems uninterested at the moment, Teofimo is being brought along. Outside of Easter Jr who just put on a disgusting performance and Commey who got injured that led to that Crolla fight, who is there? Maybe some more fights if he drops to 130, which is his more natural weight, but then he’d get shit on for running from Mikey by casuals. I just don’t get it. Unifying the titles is all he can do right now

Who else is there though? Mikey seems uninterested at the moment, Teofimo is being brought along. Outside of Easter Jr who just put on a disgusting performance and Commey who got injured that led to that Crolla fight, who is there? Maybe some more fights if he drops to 130, which is his more natural weight, but then he’d get shit on for running from Mikey by casuals. I just don’t get it. Unifying the titles is all he can do right now

I think Loma is probably doing the best he can with what he's got. I don't see him ducking people, look at who he went after. Salido in his second fight, then takes on Gary Russel Jr right after his first loss.

I liked Campbell as a step up opponent for Haney, a 20 year old prospect, not as an opponent for one of the top 3 or 4 guys in the sport. It's tough to blame Lomachenko for taking this fight, obviously, but it's not a whole lot more intriguing than the Crolla fight.

I'm glad people are seeing the truth now. Before I was just a delusional Lomachenko fan boy for daring to suggest that Mikey was ducking him but now it really is looking exactly like that. Loma vs. Campbell is not a great fight BUT as you say who else is there for him to fight? Hell he's even talking about going back down to 130 to have possible fights with Davis, Berchelt and Farmer. Loma is desperate for a challenge. I think he wants the Garcia fight so bad that he'll follow him up to 140.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt but after the shit with Linares its pretty obvious.

Everyone complaining, name his better options please.

Thanks in advance.

Campbell via KO. Mid to late rounds.

situation.gif

Everyone complaining, name his better options please.

Thanks in advance.
he's clearly ducking commey and mikey.

nevermind one is injured and the other left the division, it's all on lomachenko and arum.

also, if guys he's beating were any good, he wouldn't be beating them the way he is. making world champions quit on the stool clearly means they were always just bums.

He's definitely a better and more skilled fighter than Crolla.

Still has absolutely no hope in this though.

Feel quite sorry for Campbell. He’s a good boxer and definitely capable of winning a title. This is only going to end up one sided, probably ud and clean sweep of the cards

Feel quite sorry for Campbell. He’s a good boxer and definitely capable of winning a title. This is only going to end up one sided, probably ud and clean sweep of the cards
I think if Campbell goes all 12 then that's kind of a moral victory, I just see it being one sided enough that Lomachenko stops him at some point

I think loma was a little naive and assumed he could get what ever fight he wanted when he turned pro and squeeze in a phenomenal pro career in 8-10 yrs. we are 6 yrs in and he seems to be treading water due to politics. I wonder if he had his time again if he would have turned pro after Beijing at 20 ( similar age as floyd did). Instead of going to london and waiting till he was 25 to start as a pro.

I think loma was a little naive and assumed he could get what ever fight he wanted when he turned pro and squeeze in a phenomenal pro career in 8-10 yrs. we are 6 yrs in and he seems to be treading water due to politics. I wonder if he had his time again if he would have turned pro after Beijing at 20 ( similar age as floyd did). Instead of going to london and waiting till he was 25 to start as a pro.

I think the same guys would avoid him. Fckin sad state of affairs

I won’t complain after we got Loma-Crolla.

I won’t complain after we got Loma-Crolla.
Shouldn’t have complained then, it was a mandatory that had to be fulfilled after the unification bout with Commey got scrapped. There were no other options. Hell, there aren’t any other options now. Dropping to 130 is maybe the only way he can please anyone it seems

Shouldn’t have complained then, it was a mandatory that had to be fulfilled after the unification bout with Commey got scrapped. There were no other options. Hell, there aren’t any other options now. Dropping to 130 is maybe the only way he can please anyone it seems

Given how significant are title belts today, I tend to complain whenever mismatches are this easy to call. The point isn’t to diss Lomachenko. At least Campbell brings a little more to the table than an alphabet ranking. Crolla did not.

Last edited:
Given how significant are title belts today, I tend to complain whenever mismatches are this easy to call. The point isn’t to diss Lomachenko. At least Campbell brings a little more to the table than an alphabet ranking. Crolla did not.
Crolla was actually Top 5 rated by all the major lists (Ring, ESPN, BoxRec) at the time he fought Loma except one, the TBRB, which had him #7. Crolla is also a former WBA titleholder.

Crolla was actually Top 5 rated by all the major lists (Ring, ESPN, BoxRec) at the time he fought Loma except one, the TBRB, which had him #7. Crolla is also a former WBA titleholder.

And you could tell it was a terrible mismatch. Which it was. I’m no Loma hater. I do enjoy decent matchups, though. Campbell is a better one.

Last edited:
Back