Lol tyran retired GSP

If you meant Tyrant:
Yeah, GSP probably retired because Dana White is a fucking douchebag.

If you meant Tyron:
lol, u mad bro? GSP doesn't need to waste his precious time fighting for a belt he held longer than anyone else. He wanted to be the first triple champ ever. The WW belt is worthless, when you have this goal in mind.

GSP knows Tyron would beat him. As do most, he’s not going to risk his legacy in fights that aren’t good stylistic matchups and fights where he’s not a big favourite.
If Usman or Colby beat Woodley don’t be surprised if he suddenly has a change of heart.
i agree.
and this means he should be removed from any goat disputes. a pussy cant be in there. this is a fighting event, you cant be afraid

George would be goat right now if he defended against Whittaker win or lose

OR if he won his WW belt back (not against maia, nice try though george)

My god you sound like a complete idiot. You actually think that losing to Whittaker would improve his legacy? Can't fix dumb...

GSP defended at WW 9 times already, no need to defend at MW. He went up, took the belt, and left.

26-2 all losses avenged, WW lineal champ, MW lineal champ, classiest champ in history, most top 5/top10 wins, clean athlete.

#GOATGSP

The way Sherdog works when it comes to GSP is hilarious. He could beat Tyron, Silva, Whitaker, Romero, Jones, DC, Khabib, and so forth and people would still say he didn't do enough. That he is cherry picking and ducking fighters.

Give it a break.

It's also funny that apparently GSP has to keep proving himself, yet guys like Jones and Silva can cheat or keep losing and are still good to go in the GOAT conversation.

Hendricks retired him in 2013, Woodley retired him now.

And yet BJ Penn beat GSP worse in their first fight than Hendricks did, and Serra and Hughes actually finished GSP (something neither Hendricks or Penn came close to doing) without GSP retiring. Its almost like being completely, totally beaten (ie finished) isn't enough to make GSP retire.

Maybe something other than getting beat is behind GSP's retiring? The people who think Hendricks retired GSP are just showing they're new enough to the UFC that they didn't know that GSP was completely and 100% beaten twice without retiring.

GSP came back for the money, my guess he made enough off the Bisping fight (which he didn't even bother to train for judging by how tired he was after the first round) that he doesn't feel a need to fight again unless its a huge payday.

13 fights win streak.

Undefeated for more than a decade.

Almost every GSP hater I see posting on this board strikes me as a legitimately stupid person. Not because of the hate either, but based on the retarded shit they constantly say

Right because GSP hasn’t fought at 170 in how many years?

This legacy stuff is straight up bullshit. When he says "legacy fights," he's talking about fights where there's less chance of losing. Legacy isn't all about Ws in the column, but some fighters just don't get that shit. Would it not be good for his legacy if he challenged for the WW title once again and won it?

People with half a brain will suss out this pussy/legacy fight bullshit.

This legacy stuff is straight up bullshit. When he says "legacy fights," he's talking about fights where there's less chance of losing. Legacy isn't all about Ws in the column, but some fighters just don't get that shit. Would it not be good for his legacy if he challenged for the WW title once again and won it?

People with half a brain will suss out this pussy/legacy fight bullshit.

You're right that its bullshit, but wrong that its about winning or losing. Its 100% about money, and just about every fighter out there get it. They may talk about legacy and challenge, but in the end they always go for the money. As the saying says, if you want to know why someone does something, follow the money.

I doubt GSP cares even a little about legacy; he came back for money, and will come back again if the money is right. This isn't a knock on GSP, its true for almost every fighter. Why is Fedor still fighting? Why is Anderson still fighting? Fans think its because of legacy, but its money. Professional sport is 99.9999% about money.

You're right that its bullshit, but wrong that its about winning or losing. Its 100% about money, and just about every fighter out there get it. They may talk about legacy and challenge, but in the end they always go for the money. As the saying says, if you want to know why someone does something, follow the money.

I doubt GSP cares even a little about legacy; he came back for money, and will come back again if the money is right. This isn't a knock on GSP, its true for almost every fighter. Why is Fedor still fighting? Why is Anderson still fighting? Fans think its because of legacy, but its money. Professional sport is 99.9999% about money.

Does he need the money though? Is he desperate for money?

I doubt GSP would take money if it meant taking an L. In his mind, an L on his record is a tainted legacy.

Dude he's 37, let it go. I know Woodley is 36,but GSP has way more fighter miles.

5 years ago he was 34
4 years ago 35
3 years ago 36

He was too scared to come back and then cherry picked a fight against bisping after 5 years away from the sport.

Also tried to cherry pick Maia.

It’s sad bro. Srs

Silva Cherry picked Bisping and lost. How fucking embarassing. Same for Rockhold.

GSP was the mayweather of MMA in terms of picking fights at the right time. He knows woodley isnt a good fight.

GSP beat one dimensionsl fighters and LWs.

Gastelum and Wonderboy beat everyone GSP beat.

LOL and Maia, Wonderboy, Lawler, Till aren't one dimensional? He literally only fought one dimensionnal fighters in his title fights.

I'm happy he retired. Has his health, seems to have his life in order, dude gave the UFC many fights, rare to see fighters go out like that. Way too many go beyond that and it's sad to see
All the twitter comments from fighters were actually really touching. Nice to see that respect

Back