Lol tyran retired GSP

GSP beat one dimensionsl fighters and LWs.

Gastelum and Wonderboy beat everyone GSP beat.

Sure some were one dimensional but they were also #1 contenders at the time. It's not GSP fault if he was so well rounded that he could take the fight anywhere he wanted.

People use this argument to discredit GSP when it's actually the opposite. It show how good he truly was. He had no weaknesses in any aspect of the game except maybe KO power. He could go whatever the fuck he wanted . Strike , wrestle , bjj. , explosive TD , solid TDD , decent chin etc etc Haters simply don't realize that GSP is one of the most well rounded fighter of all time which is why he was so good and made competition look like amateurs

And while Tyron may beat 2019 GSP , Prime GSP would smoke him. Even now GSP would have a very good chance to beat Woodley. Some of you guys are underestimating him badly.

What is this retiring on top BS he is talking about? Tyron is on top. You haven’t had a legit fight since Johnny Hendricks beat you.

I truly am a fan of GSP. But the end of his career is far from goat status. I was waiting for him to come back... beat Johnny. Get his title back. Win in dominant fashion. Maybe beat Robbie. Maybe beat tyron. But he never did. He was too scared they might beat him

Also, 46 year old dan Henderson beat bisping off TRT. That delegitimizes George’s second belT

George would be goat right now if he defended against Whittaker win or lose

OR if he won his WW belt back (not against maia, nice try though george)

Pretty sad imo, very let down as a fan of georges.

He was named GOAT back when Tyron was getting beaten by Rory Mcdonald.
So what the fuck are you even talking about?

fedor's not the goat because he didn't come back and beat DC and defend his belt

The way Sherdog works when it comes to GSP is hilarious. He could beat Tyron, Silva, Whitaker, Romero, Jones, DC, Khabib, and so forth and people would still say he didn't do enough. That he is cherry picking and ducking fighters.

Give it a break.

It's also funny that apparently GSP has to keep proving himself, yet guys like Jones and Silva can cheat or keep losing and are still good to go in the GOAT conversation.
Hey didnt you know its GSP's job to find the most difficult fights he can find where defeat is certain?

What is this retiring on top BS he is talking about? Tyron is on top. You haven’t had a legit fight since Johnny Hendricks beat you.

I truly am a fan of GSP. But the end of his career is far from goat status. I was waiting for him to come back... beat Johnny. Get his title back. Win in dominant fashion. Maybe beat Robbie. Maybe beat tyron. But he never did. He was too scared they might beat him

Also, 46 year old dan Henderson beat bisping off TRT. That delegitimizes George’s second belT

Maybe this will cheer you up.maxresdefault.jpg

fedor's not the goat because he didn't come back and beat DC and defend his belt

Good analogy, people are just bitter they didn't get to see GSP lose, so they make veiled bashing threads like these.

GSP is the GOAT for now and there is only one fighter(Jones) that it is even remotely close to dethroning him.

Lmao..yet GSPs protege tooled the fuck out of Tyron "stand agaisnt the cage looking for counters" woodley ...

And hes half the fighter GSP is , imagine what GSP would do..

You guys make me laugh GSP has surpassed being a reiging champion he has no reason to regain the WW a 3rd time he just wants legacy defining fights

Woodley doesnt pose that yet..maybe if he keeps winning GSP maybe enticed to face him

Does he need the money though? Is he desperate for money?

I doubt GSP would take money if it meant taking an L. In his mind, an L on his record is a tainted legacy.

There are a lot of athletes who'd made more than GSP (Google, its a surprisingly long list, guys like Allan Iverson who made over $100 million and now are penniless) who are now absolutely broke. GSP's financial adviser would have told him that once he stops fighting he has no source of income (ie he's not trained to do anything else, has no degree or trade), so he should get as much as he can now.

In fact, everyone getting close to retirement in any job thinks about this. I'm there; if someone offered me a very easy, high paying job for my last year I'd jump at it. So would every other person I know getting close to retirement.

Back