LOL I didn`t even know Khabib cheated

While this is an interesting topic to go back and forth about, Khabib officially weighed in at 155. Theres no athletic comission to my knowledge and if there is, they are burying this if it indeed happened. Its not in Justin’s best interest either bc if Khabib didnt make weight then Justin isnt fighting for the title. If it happened, it sucks for team Justin IF he loses. But what can you do at this point? Just like DC’s towel trick, when its recorded as official, its official.

I really hope the conspiracy theorists take time to watch this video. Start at 2:30 to make life easier. . .

I'm not a conspiracy expert but if people think that Khabib cheated with the help of the UFC/commission, how having an hidden pre-weigh-in with a digital scale change anything ? He didn't make wait before, and officials said go on the public scale, we'll fix that up for you.

Anyway, i'm not that into the conspiracy.

Retarded analysis... he even shows that Gaethje's scale also goes upwards for a second in the beginning, just like Khabib's. The difference is that he was quicker with Khabib and didn't wait for it to balance, but that doesn't prove he was heavy, there is no real way to know. Comissioner dude was doing that all day, which is shitty, but still it's not proof of him not making weight, it's inconclusive. Look at this part of the weigh in:
Yeah sure, the biggest, most expected fight of the year, with a huge champ who historically had trouble with weigh in, and comes looking horrible and worried, asks for the towel and needs help to climb the scale .

That's definetly the moment where careful operation of the scale isn't required, right?
Not like it matters, right?
Not like Gaethje loses several millions dollars in forfeited purse if you unfairly validate Khabib's weight, right?

I still don't understand the towel trick. I tried it and it added weight.

I think its because your arms arent being weighed correctly? Like if you rest your arms on a table while standing on the scale can it shave off a couple of pounds?

It was shady as fuck that's for sure. I'm surprised Khabib went along with it, he seemed to be a man of honor. Would have thought he would question the quick measurement, for shame Khabib.
No way for Khabib to know. He was naked behind the towel

20201024-024203.jpg
Haha, Mendez also claimed that Ngannou vs Cain should have been a no contest due to illegal punch. Not even surprized.

My fucking god is this the new trend with kids these days?
“let’s make a YouTube video in hopes that I pointed some irrelevant detail out claiming controversy, in hopes that the other fighter validates my video with a KO!”

You're asking Sherdoggers to confirm what an actual professional fighter said? Lol

What Winn said made a lot of sense to me. I've wondered why almost all fighters never look surprised when they miss weight.

A weight isn't a foreign and expensive object that only the ufc has. The fighters weight themselves periodically to see if they made weight or if they are going to miss weight.

If this was a ceremonial weigh in, there would be no need for towelgates, undressing and you would see all fighters already rehydrated.

This happened to other fighters who weighed in yesterday

I guess they cheated too, huh?

I worked with those type of scales for years.

The beam needs to balance in the middle when weighing something. Most times this will take a few seconds to achieve. Watching other videos it looks like the issue here is the person conducting the weigh in. ... Looks like they have no clue how to correctly use the scale.

Well there are fighters on this forum who may have some experience 'weighing in'..

So if they weigh backstage and that shows they have made weight, why would you need a towel?

I'm more confused by this information, so going by what he says when theres no covid, they

1st weigh in back stage digitally

2nd weigh in on these scales

3rdly ceremonially weigh in..

This doesn't make sense to me.

Obviously the weigh in (with the towel) is not ceremonial. If the backstage weigh-in was official, we would never see anyone get sent back to shed some extra weight. The ceremonial weigh in, to the extent that they do it, is due to timing, so they can have an event Friday evening.

My wild guess would be that the purpose of the second backstage scale is to (a) make sure it looks like the guy is likely on weight before sending him out, (b) take a belt and suspenders approach to this process, (c) flag it if one of the scales ends up off, (d) give everyone an idea of how the two scales compare in the event that the fighter needs to trim additional tenths of pounds off and wants to check his progress (rather than walking out on stage naked half a dozen times).

I don’t think what Winn said proves a thing about whether or not Khabib was off by a couple tenths of a pound. That being said, I don’t really care. If they saved Khabib an extra half hour in the sauna, so be it. It’s not like it would’ve benefited Justin for Khabib to officially miss weight.

Obviously the weigh in (with the towel) is not ceremonial. If the backstage weigh-in was official, we would never see anyone get sent back to shed some extra weight. The ceremonial weigh in, to the extent that they do it, is due to timing, so they can have an event Friday evening.

My wild guess would be that the purpose of the second backstage scale is to (a) make sure it looks like the guy is likely on weight before sending him out, (b) take a belt and suspenders approach to this process, (c) flag it if one of the scales ends up off, (d) give everyone an idea of how the two scales compare in the event that the fighter needs to trim additional tenths of pounds off and wants to check his progress (rather than walking out on stage naked half a dozen times).

I don’t think what Winn said proves a thing about whether or not Khabib was off by a couple tenths of a pound. That being said, I don’t really care. If they saved Khabib an extra half hour in the sauna, so be it. It’s not like it would’ve benefited Justin for Khabib to officially miss weight.

Except 1h in sauna and 1h less of recovery time makes you weaker next day, makes you have less stamina, endurance....

This is totally corrupt. Khabib's weight on the scale was heavier than the allowable weight, hence why it hit the top, and also why it never rebalanced. It's clear for everyone to see.

I still don't think Khabib had anything to do with this, and if there is any doubt on the scale itself it is the person doing the weighing doing it too quickly. I honestly don't think there was any conspiracy in place.
Khabib literally had still almost three hours he could have used to make weight, instead was the first eprson out there. That does not make sense. Hell he could have been the last person and had another hour and a half to make weight why go first?

Retarded analysis... he even shows that Gaethje's scale also goes upwards for a second in the beginning, just like Khabib's. The difference is that he was quicker with Khabib and didn't wait for it to balance, but that doesn't prove he was heavy, there is no real way to know. Comissioner dude was doing that all day, which is shitty, but still it's not proof of him not making weight, it's inconclusive. Look at this part of the weigh in:

The way Gaethje was weighed was clearly different than Khabib. The guy doesn't touch the scale for at least a few seconds for Justin but immediately moves it for Khabib. Justin's is clearly not moving... Look at the difference

5Pg0UGT.gif

Hgtkozc.gif

I still don't think Khabib had anything to do with this, and if there is any doubt on the scale itself it is the person doing the weighing doing it too quickly. I honestly don't think there was any conspiracy in place.
Khabib literally had still almost three hours he could have used to make weight, instead was the first eprson out there. That does not make sense. Hell he could have been the last person and had another hour and a half to make weight why go first?
The first person getting in there can also be an indicator that he wants to get the weigh in over with ASAP so they can start rehydrating.

Looks like he had a tough cut based on his reaction.... I imagine he wanted to get it over with right away.

BonesWinckleJones is a top shelf troll, I like it

<[analyzed}>

Khabib was responsible for being overweight.

The UFC is responsible for allowing him to be overweight. They want their big title fight.
This is what happens when you let the promoter's weigh the fighters in rather than the independent athletic commissions.

Back