LOL I didn`t even know Khabib cheated

hqdefault.jpg

you become who you surround yourself with
I still don't understand the towel trick. I tried it and it added weight.

Well there are fighters on this forum who may have some experience 'weighing in'..

So if they weigh backstage and that shows they have made weight, why would you need a towel?
IMO the only pro fighters you should bother asking would be UFC fighters, and the only one who semi-actively uses Sherdog would be Roxanne. I wouldn't expect her to respond though lol.

I'm guessing the probable answer to your question would be that the UFC knows they made weight, they just need to show that to the fans and to the press. So obviously they'd need the towel to actually make weight again.

Note that there are organizations that don't do public weigh-ins at all, like One FC, and they get some flack for it.

IMO the only pro fighters you should bother asking would be UFC fighters, and the only one who semi-actively uses Sherdog would be Roxanne. I wouldn't expect her to respond though lol.

I'm guessing the probable answer to your question would be that the UFC knows they made weight, they just need to show that to the fans and to the press. So obviously they'd need the towel to actually make weight again.

Note that there are organizations that don't do public weigh-ins at all, like One FC, and they get some flack for it.
Fair post.
If Khabib already knew he'd hit weight back stage though, then his response looked ridiculously surprised considering. Why do we see such passionate responses if they are already pretty sure they have made weight.

Fair post.
If Khabib already knew he'd hit weight back stage though, then his response looked ridiculously surprised considering. Why do we see such passionate responses if they are already pretty sure they have made weight.
Yeah, Khabib's reaction definitely played a big role in this controversy. To me at least, he just looked relieved that he didn't have to cut any more.
From the most recent Embedded, it seemed like Khabib and his entourage drove to the weigh-in place, so maybe he was worried his weight would have changed during the drive there? No idea really.

But if Khabib knew that the UFC were gonna 'ensure' he made weight and cheated, why would he have that reaction at all? It would make even less sense. Wouldn't he be very confident?

Regardless, my point is that this whole drama really just boils down to speculation and conspiracy when you actually research it. None of it is really convincing.

for a guy whole business is losing weight dolce is a dunce. Its like he has never used one of those scales in his life

I stood on a scale and pushed down on the bathroom door handle and my weight started going down. I think the idea is you distribute some of your weight onto the towel.
Yeah I think I messed up and started adding weight of the towel to me

All Khabibs fanboys in these threads going "why isnt anyone saying anything about the ither guys" is hilarious.

So if one person does something shitty no one is allowed to say anything about because other people did shitty stuff.

Khabib is well known for not beibg a strict dieter. He came in heavy and knew it. Then the UFC tried to fudge it to make the fight for the title regardless.

Its a messed up situation on Khabins and the UFCs part. They deliberately tried to lie amd now we know it. I lost a lot of respect for Khabib. Him and his fans try to talk up how hes "so respectful" when in reality he isnt.

People always catch on some bs for excuse - move over “mah foot was a balloon” here comes “he cheated on the scale by five picTograms” and that’s why we got “aaaand stilllll”

Yeah, Khabib's reaction definitely played a big role in this controversy. To me at least, he just looked relieved that he didn't have to cut any more.
From the most recent Embedded, it seemed like Khabib and his entourage drove to the weigh-in place, so maybe he was worried his weight would have changed during the drive there? No idea really.

But if Khabib knew that the UFC were gonna 'ensure' he made weight and cheated, why would he have that reaction at all? It would make even less sense. Wouldn't he be very confident?

Regardless, my point is that this whole drama really just boils down to speculation and conspiracy when you actually research it. None of it is really convincing.

This makes a lot of sense.
I didn't think any deliberate cheating happened, just a little confused as to what Winn meant really..

I'm trying to think of other times i've seen emotional responses to weighing in correctly, but I think most of them would have come via problems of having to re-weigh like Kevin Lee or Johnny Hendricks etc , or just weirdo's like Mike Perry.
I'm sure i've seen surprised reactions to coming in very overweight, but I can't think of any examples.

Back