LOL I didn`t even know Khabib cheated

Sherdog is full of soy boys today. Stop crying about cheating. At most he was a pound heavier otherwise the beam would’ve shot up to the top, not slowly go up.

It was shady as fuck that's for sure. I'm surprised Khabib went along with it, he seemed to be a man of honor. Would have thought he would question the quick measurement, for shame Khabib.
It happened to other fighters at those weigh ins. How come they also went along with it?

The way Gaethje was weighed was clearly different than Khabib. The guy doesn't touch the scale for at least a few seconds for Justin but immediately moves it for Khabib. Justin's is clearly not moving... Look at the difference

5Pg0UGT.gif

Hgtkozc.gif

I agree, the comissioner dude rushed like half the weigh ins, not just Khabib's. He did that little move all day, look at the stamped vid. My point was, the scale going slowly up at first doesn't mean he missed weight. It's what normally happens when someone first gets on the scale, then it stabilizes. Whether Khabib's would've stabilized afterwards or not is pretty much impossible to tell.

Can anyone confirm, DO they weigh in already backstage? I know Wynn said this but it doesn't make much sense to me... This is not a ceremonial weigh in correct?
Off course. They are all cutting weight and check the scale all the time. Could be Khabib was a bit to heavy and lucked out, but I dont see why people r so upset

Off course. They are all cutting weight and check the scale all the time. Could be Khabib was a bit to heavy and lucked out, but I dont see why people r so upset

Well I suppose people are annoyed that if they believe inaccurate weighing is happening then that could suggest a pretty corrupt state of affairs.
I've already had my questions answered pretty well though, this video shows evidence of the scale and its use.

I just thought Winns response + Khabibs reaction to successfully weighing in seemed a little contradictory, there are plausible reasons though.

I love how NONE of the fighters actually at the event have complained once about the weigh ins...almost as if they have knowledge of the weight backstage...otherwise there just leaving free money there 20% in some cases...

As any good detective does...always follow the money...

Even if Khabib had missed he would have 2 hours to make the weight...so it wasnt over anyways...

He was close backstage likely with clothes on and thats why he went butt naked outside the back..

He made weight

Obviously the weigh in (with the towel) is not ceremonial. If the backstage weigh-in was official, we would never see anyone get sent back to shed some extra weight. The ceremonial weigh in, to the extent that they do it, is due to timing, so they can have an event Friday evening.

My wild guess would be that the purpose of the second backstage scale is to (a) make sure it looks like the guy is likely on weight before sending him out, (b) take a belt and suspenders approach to this process, (c) flag it if one of the scales ends up off, (d) give everyone an idea of how the two scales compare in the event that the fighter needs to trim additional tenths of pounds off and wants to check his progress (rather than walking out on stage naked half a dozen times).

I don’t think what Winn said proves a thing about whether or not Khabib was off by a couple tenths of a pound. That being said, I don’t really care. If they saved Khabib an extra half hour in the sauna, so be it. It’s not like it would’ve benefited Justin for Khabib to officially miss weight.

Are scales being inaccurate a common thing? I would have thought the most expensive professional scales you could buy would be pretty accurate to the T.. More accurate than one that relies on human patience lol.

That's fair, I was more confused as to why Khabib looked so relieved if he'd already known how much he weighed... Am I to assume these digital scales backstage are pretty shit?

Well people are calling him the GOAT now so I guess the stakes are why people were upset

Back