lol at UFC burying Askren

K1 Maia for the W. Reminds me when Aoki had to stand with another grappler, they both sucked striking but one less so. Maia can strike a bit more than Askren.

I can't think of any reason why they might pick Askren to headline a Singapore card

What are his chances of beating Maia? If so, how does he do it? Askren is the favorite -150 on Scorecord betting app (Oregon). I think it's a bad match up for Askren.
It's hard too say. I mean maia could just out strike him on the feet but it is 5 rounds and maia is old with zero gas tank.

More of a star than anybody else on the UFC roster. He had 7 fights in ONE which is based out of Singapore and all of which he won. Give me some names of who would be more recognized over there and fill the arena? UFC is trying to get some of that ONE market it's competition.
You think the fans/ people of Singapore are so stupid that the only way they would know a fighter is if he fought on Singapore soil?
They could send any of their biggest stars there if they really wanted to attract attention.

Conor, khabib, Jones, they couldve had diaz vs masvidal if they really wanted.

On the Singapore card at 8:00 am.
*Plays funeral music...

Kind of makes sense since he's originally an Asian star and made his living in Singapore.
And these PPVs mean nothing. What's important is that he fights again.

You think the fans/ people of Singapore are so stupid that the only way they would know a fighter is if he fought on Singapore soil?
They could send any of their biggest stars there if they really wanted to attract attention.

Conor, khabib, Jones, they couldve had diaz vs masvidal if they really wanted.
Nobody cares about Masvidal vs Diaz in Singapore lol.
Some retards claiming Askren headlining is bad bussines move?
Askren is perfect headliner for Singapore.
Khabib and Conor would be bigger not everyone else.
Can you explain to me why UFC would make Khabib headline a fight night in Singapore? Are you really that dumb?

I respect him. He seems to be mentality fit after taking such a loss.

I hope the Maia fight turns out to be great somehow and that he wins in epic fashion. It would be hilarious to have him cocky again

Buried right in the main event? what is this? also the fight is at 8pm?

Are you ok ts>

giphy.gif

Nobody cares about Masvidal vs Diaz in Singapore lol.
Some retards claiming Askren headlining is bad bussines move?
Askren is perfect headliner for Singapore.
Khabib and Conor would be bigger not everyone else.
Can you explain to me why UFC would make Khabib headline a fight night in Singapore? Are you really that dumb?
You are the really dumb one. Assuming and implying that countries are only interested in fighters that have fought there or are from there.
Fans of a sport are fans. They would much prefer the top fighters and the biggest and best fights.its not rocket science.
Who makes you the expert on what the people of Singapore want?

You are the really dumb one. Assuming and implying that countries are only interested in fighters that have fought there or are from there.
Fans of a sport are fans. They would much prefer the top fighters and the biggest and best fights.its not rocket science.
Who makes you the expert on what the people of Singapore want?
Askren is well known there. Singapore ppl doesnt know who Masvidal is. Is it hard to understand?

Wasn't Askren the one who asked Maia if he wanted to fight in Singapore?

I can't think of any reason why they might pick Askren to headline a Singapore card
Sarcasm surely because there's a fairly obvious one, you know the whole having fought there I think 3 times before, including defending the One Championship belt there I believe twice.

Askren is well known there. Singapore ppl doesnt know who Masvidal is. Is it hard to understand?
Why latch on to one example? I said other fighters. Khabib, conor , jones? Do they know who they are singapore expert? Because if they dont then they are not mma fans.

Oh I forgot ben askren is the mcgregor of Singapore. They dont have ufc events to watch on tv or the internet. They only know when they recieve a telegram that an event is being held there and who ever fights there is a god.

Have you stopped to think about what you are actually saying? Its almost 2020.
There are huge combat sports fights going on all over the world, such as Saudi Arabia etc. Boxing world champs.
Fight fans are fight fans.
There is a little more to popularity than someone who has had some fights in a country.
That might get a few behinds to the arena but the ultimate goal is to attract a lot of people at home to watch.

Can he defend submissions for 5 rounds though? Maia also probably has better stand up as well strangely.
I like Maia but expect this to be a repeat of Maia Shields. Ben is a good enough pure grappler to nullify Maia but you're right, if he can't turn it into a grappling match Maia will beat him standing because, while not very powerful, he does have good but very basic fundamental Boxing.

As someone who actually is Singaporean and is living here, I would say the Singapore market is not dumb. Singapore has tons of expats, so its supposedly a good place to sell tickets to rich ppl hungry for sports content.

Singapore is highly plugged into the internet and fans that follow the sport want proper fights that mean something. UFC will get a rude awakening if they think all they have to do is stick Askren and Maia onto the card and people will flock to the event. I mean this is terrible. I watch every event and I have no idea who Laureano Staropoli or Don'tale Mayes or Rafael Fiziev is.

Even ONE had to stack cards whenever they hold it here.

upload_2019-10-20_19-25-44.png

I like Ben, but the loss to Mas has definitely cooled his momentum.

They are making the same mistake the Football Association made when they brought in Brazil vs. Senegal and vs. Nigeria last week. They expected fans to turn out a weekday to watch 2 friendly games with no stakes at high prices. 20k people in a 55k seater stadium was really embarrassing.

What are his chances of beating Maia? If so, how does he do it? Askren is the favorite -150 on Scorecord betting app (Oregon). I think it's a bad match up for Askren.

It’s an extremely weird matchup because it’s between the two most grappling-dependent fighters on the entire roster. Usually if either one of them can’t get the takedown it’s over for them. Here I assume it’ll end up on the ground, and most likely with Askren on top. The question is whether Maia can sweep him. He probably can’t, so it’ll be a fairly boring stalemate with Askren in top position, which is why ultimately he probably deserves to be favored.

Back