lol at UFC burying Askren

Yeah man.

@BEATDOWNS Askren hate-mongerry should not be tolerated. We shall rise up against him,and give him what for.

original.gif

it sucks for askren, but they're probably pissed off at him that they put so much faith in him that he'd deliver, and he hasn't. let's not forget that askren has only fought the absolute best. no gimmes for him thus far.

Hah - I take my licks on that :p

I loved the fight I must admit. Did think Askren could remain out of subs and be more active than Maia (kind of like round 2 but for the whole fight).

But as a BJJ black belt myself who's also 41 I was absolutely thrilled for Maia and was hoping he won, so no disappointment here.

lol.
I was pretty spot on. Win or lose a lot of salt because of ben. Fans need to stop getting so attached to the outcome of the fights and just enjoy the show.

I do feel a little bad for Ben though, he thought he won the first two rounds. I mean it was a close fight until the finish but I could see judges score those first 2 rounds either way.

Anyway, beautiful work by maia controlling the wrist and then locking the body triangle--2 minutes in that position is an eternity for a guy like Maia, not sure what Ben was thinking getting so reckless.

Hah - I take my licks on that :p

I loved the fight I must admit. Did think Askren could remain out of subs and be more active than Maia (kind of like round 2 but for the whole fight).

But as a BJJ black belt myself who's also 41 I was absolutely thrilled for Maia and was hoping he won, so no disappointment here.
Good on you two for eating that humble pie @MakeSherdogGreatAgain should take notes.

Wasnt the same Askren, 2 years retired and his first "tune up" fight was Robbie Lawler.
His second fight didnt get to start after being hit with a line drive via knee cap.
Then Maia who fought all champions fights Ben at a time that I feel didnt look like the Ben Askren champion in ONE or the Ben that won the Bellator championship with a win over Douglas Lima who just made easy work of Rory MacDonald this weekend.

Ben used to have a look in his eye where he looked as if he clicked a switch and his eyes changed. Askren was truly hesitant and out of shape cardio wise. Maia didnt look great either even if he was winning just a tad in the striking he was still getting tagged by a guy who has zero striking.

Thats what happens when you feed a fighter off for 2 years with his best years behind him to a guy like Robbie Lawler your first fight. KOed by Masvidal . His first real fight was against Maia whos last opponents were ALL champions. Askren IMO should have been given the road to build like Greg Hardy is taking, like Cro Cop got when he first came to the UFC and got to fight EDDIE SANCHEZ. Somebody Ben could school and get off the ring rust but no, Dana wanted to throw him up in mix right away even though he wasnt ready for it. Bellator Knows how to build a fighters name to those who dont know anything about them. UFC knows how to kill off any talent that shows promise, ask Darren Till, feed them the wolves.

That being said ..Dan Henderson ...look at that man, legendary career and good run in the UFC but remember coming to the UFC he was both Pride WW champion and Pride MW champion...lost his first 2 UFC fights to JACKSON and SILVA, lost 1 of 8 MMA fights thereafter that.

Last edited:
Wasnt the same Askren, 2 years retired and his first "tune up" fight was Robbie Lawler.
His second fight didnt get to start after being hit with a line drive via knee cap.
Then Maia who fought all champions fights Ben at a time that I feel didnt look like the Ben Askren champion in ONE or the Ben that won the Bellator championship with a win over Douglas Lima who just made easy work of Rory MacDonald this weekend.

Ben used to have a look in his eye where he looked as if he clicked a switch and his eyes changed. Askren was truly hesitant and out of shape cardio wise. Maia didnt look great either even if he was winning just a tad in the striking he was still getting tagged by a guy who has zero striking.

Thats what happens when you feed a fighter off for 2 years with his best years behind him to a guy like Robbie Lawler your first fight. KOed by Masvidal . His first real fight was against Maia whos last opponents were ALL champions. Askren IMO should have been given the road to build like Greg Hardy is taking, like Cro Cop got when he first came to the UFC and got to fight EDDIE SANCHEZ. Somebody Ben could school and get off the ring rust but no, Dana wanted to throw him up in mix right away even though he wasnt ready for it. Bellator Knows how to build a fighters name to those who dont know anything about them. UFC knows how to kill off any talent that shows promise, ask Darren Till, feed them the wolves.
1145a949ad1980030196e4b2cbf6cced.png

Dan Henderson ...look at that man, legendary career and good run in the UFC but remember coming to the UFC he was both Pride WW champion and Pride MW champion...lost his first 2 UFC fights to JACKSON and SILVA, lost 1 of 8 MMA fights thereafter that.

People like you called Dan a bum after those two loses get over yourself.

Dan Henderson ...look at that man, legendary career and good run in the UFC but remember coming to the UFC he was both Pride WW champion and Pride MW champion...lost his first 2 UFC fights to JACKSON and SILVA, lost 1 of 8 MMA fights thereafter that.

People like you called Dan a bum after those two loses get over yourself.

Hendo came in a two division Champ from Pride.

Askren got traded.

And Hendo gave Rampage hell in that fight, Silva not so much but he's lived up to the hype..

Back