lol at UFC burying Askren

Can he defend submissions for 5 rounds though? Maia also probably has better stand up as well strangely.

I think he can absolutely defend submissions for 5 rounds. On the other hand, if anybody can sub him it's Maia. Maia is definitely the best submission artist in mma. And yes, his stand up is probably better than Askren's but that won't matter. Askren will take it to the mat and keep it there.

Now that I really think about it, this might not be boring at all. This might be one of the best grappling matches we've ever seen. These are 2 guys that can really test each other's grappling skills.

He's used to fighting there. This is probably a benefit to him.

I think he can absolutely defend submissions for 5 rounds. On the other hand, if anybody can sub him it's Maia. Maia is definitely the best submission artist in mma. And yes, his stand up is probably better than Askren's but that won't matter. Askren will take it to the mat and keep it there.

Now that I really think about it, this might not be boring at all. This might be one of the best grappling matches we've ever seen. These are 2 guys that can really test each other's grappling skills.

Yea I'm actually super excited for this fight as well because I have no idea how it plays out.

On the Singapore card at 8:00 am.

*Plays funeral music...

Ben Askren fought in Singapore 3 times for One, seems like a fairly smart move for the UFC to put someone the Asians are familiar with if the UFC is truly trying to get a piece of the Asian market.

What are his chances of beating Maia? If so, how does he do it? Askren is the favorite -150 on Scorecord betting app (Oregon). I think it's a bad match up for Askren.

When is the last time Maia won against a wrestler? Askren by sub.

On the Singapore card at 8:00 am.

*Plays funeral music...
Askren will control Maia so what are you talking about?
The dude was champion and came from ONE championship, do you know where ONE championship is?
He will be back where he is used to fighting his whole career lol

Are we going to have a funeral for Ben Askren if he loses?

<{jackyeah}>

WAR ASKRENGOAT
<36>

This is UFC’s attempt to get Askren a win against someone who won’t KO him.
K1 Maia will show up on the night!

He also went from 4th place to 11th over that one loss. Lower than Maia.

But i dont think the Singapore card is burying him. He used to fight for One which is based in Singapore. I'm guessing thats why. Probably has a following there and asked for it

You know he fought out of Singapore for a good part of his career right

Ben Askren fought in Singapore 3 times for One, seems like a fairly smart move for the UFC to put someone the Asians are familiar with if the UFC is truly trying to get a piece of the Asian market.

Askren will control Maia so what are you talking about?
The dude was champion and came from ONE championship, do you know where ONE championship is?
He will be back where he is used to fighting his whole career lol

Ironic he’s 2 fights into his he UFC and already back to Singapore.
This^

The real reason he is back in Singapore is because Dana has a meeting planned with Chatri to trade him back.

Last edited:
Really hated him yet traded their p4p goat for him

The fact they brought him outta retirement just to get KO'd the fastest in history. Something really hilarious about that. Guess we saw who got the last laugh.
You're an idiot, he signed a deal where he's making good money and won his first fight.
I'd take Jorge in a rematch, but most people didn't pick him in the 1st fight

You're an idiot, he signed a deal where he's making good money and won his first fight.
I'd take Jorge in a rematch, but most people didn't pick him in the 1st fight
What does him making good money have anything to do with the fact he holds the record for the fastest loss in the history of the UFC after literally saying "Dana, that the best you got?" and saying he's the best WW on the planet? Please stfu.

I think the Askren hate is funny.

Looking forward to him causing increased sodium levels.

Lol.. Askren does nothing for the Asian market. Do not kid yourself.

Off the top of my head, I know he beat Chael Sonnen and Gunnar Nelson, who are accomplished wrestlers.

Gunnar’s background is bin, not wrestling. Maia has been beaten by every wrestler he’s faced at WW.

Back