Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

Blue Apron is not a bad company, I don't know why they are doing so bad. It isn't a bad idea in principle. It is mainly healthy food with instructions. I had an ex who volunteered to teach nutritious cooking to poor people. They need education and how to prepare healthy meals on a budget. Which is very hard to do with the current EBT system. 200 a month max for one person. and one kid doesnt make it 400. There is some kind of scaling. Basically, I have no idea how any family or even individual can survive on that much money for groceries a month.

Another problem is the lack of real grocery stores in the inner city. You see mostly corner stores. Big grocery has to be bribed to go in there. These inner city residents often don't have access to fresh and healthy foods like produce.

I don't see why it is funny. It couldn't be worse than the current system.

Blue Apron and Plated dont deliver at random order. They need customers who agree to set plan, delivery time, and dates.

What is point of that when you can call up nearby restaurant and get a delivery whenever you want it? Not every restaurant cooks unhealthy garbage.

A woman I worked with got EBT. She got roughly 600 dollars a month. She had a new Honda Accord that she could afford. She talked about how excited her kids were when she got them a 70" television. She somehow could afford to buy a Starbucks coffee EVERY day.

I just don't understand why she was able to get my tax money to buy food when she could afford to feed her family.

I believe our public safety net should be for the truly needy.

A 'luxury' car like a Honda Accord can be financed through payments. You think she purchased it outright?

And what if she bought the 70" tv used? You are just as bad as that dipzhit member of Trumps campaign telling people to sell their Iphones for healthcare. How much healthcare will an Iphone buy? If she sells her tv will it buy food for her kids for a year?

Congrats on being a moran though.

"My neighbor has a flatscreen tv!! Why dont he sell that to pay for his food and healthcare!!! derp"

And of course the biggest hypocrisy among you puppets is how you complain about a poor mom getting 100$ worth of EBT but when a corporation get a million dollars from the government and pisses it away:

"Its a business, they are jerb creators they can do what they want"

Why not feed them expired MREs? I'm sure the military needs to get rid of some crap they have in stock. Poor people would eat a lot better and they could potentially earn some money on Youtube doing reviews. Not to mention they would get their cigarettes for free. It's a win win situation!

I hear the MREs lack fiber because the army dont want their boys feeling the deuce when in a fire fight or something.

A woman I worked with got EBT. She got roughly 600 dollars a month. She had a new Honda Accord that she could afford. She talked about how excited her kids were when she got them a 70" television. She somehow could afford to buy a Starbucks coffee EVERY day.

I just don't understand why she was able to get my tax money to buy food when she could afford to feed her family.

I believe our public safety net should be for the truly needy.

giphy.gif

That's where you're wrong!

It is our responsibility, because the system we enjoy actually depends on all the participants' consent, and like I said it isn't capable of supporting everyone. The land belongs to all of us, so everyone gets a share of the production from its use. That's the deal. Otherwise, let's don some loin cloths and fight for survival as nature intended.

Maybe it will help you cope if you think of it as a short term loan for local business investors. Poor people can't save anything, so they are actually an efficient way to distribute money to areas where it is most needed, like the rural deep south or Kentucky.

Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

Would also cut down on trading EBT money for cash.

Maybe even cut down on obesity amongst poor people.

Could be a decent idea depending on the implementation.

I know of people (within the spheres of people I know) who regularly trade foodstamps meant for their kids for money that is then used for drugs. The kids end up eating every sort of generic cheap shit food you can think of. This happens FARRRRR more often than people might imagine. It is is a plague on society.

I started reading and the video started playing(without my consent) and talking about the "great state of Alabama".......I stopped right there.

If you are talking about an economic plan and you bring up Alabama as your prize baby......what is this?????Fucking VOODOOO??????

Alabama is in terrible shape.
No shit, aren't they the biggest consumers of food stamps in the nation?

No shit, aren't they the biggest consumers of food stamps in the nation?

Without looking I would say Bama, Miss, W Vir, Kent, and maybe LA.

Edit-I forgot about population. Per capita spending is what I am talking about.

I'm sure some douche may bring up California, the biggest economy IN THE FUCKING WORLD, spending more on things like food stamps and such.

Oh boy...here goes.....

That was a hypothetical situation. I know you are a badass. Your parents paying your way until you were 27 shows that.

Let us walk down that hypothetical road....where my family kills your family and takes your land.

Is that fair?

I don’t think you know what libertarianism is.

So even if they 'rose again' the mainland would still probably have to feed them?

Maybe. And I will gladly pay more taxes to do so.

I'm paying more for corporate welfare and the MIC right now.

I don’t think you know what libertarianism is.

Answer my question.

Let's say you claim land. It is yours. By force I take it. Is that fair, and if it isn't who is the arbiter?

Answer that one simple question, friendo.

You people bitch about food stamps, but it is really a TINY portion of government spending - less than 2%.

Meanwhile not a peep for the gigantic tax cuts we just gave to corporations, nor subsidies we give to huge oil companies that are the most profitable in the world, nor corn subsidies, nor subsidies we give to pharmaceutical companies, nor the GIGANTIC amount of money we spend on defense (whose profits all go to PRIVATE defense contractors), etc.

Corporations are, BY FAR, the largest welfare recipients of them all. This is direct taxpayer money going straight into the pockets of corporations. Complain about that first.

Maybe. And I will gladly pay more taxes to do so.

I'm paying more for corporate welfare and the MIC right now.
Can we have a big, beautiful wall to separate them too? Kinda like in Arkham City? Huh? Huh? Huh? Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeeeease???????
giphy.gif

Possibly his best idea to date.

Execution will be hard, and it will cost more but could deliver real benefits.

Difficulty is tailoring packages to what people will eat.
Dropping off a cabbage a week and it never being used would create a lot of waste.
They better learn to fucking eat cabbage I guess.

What's so funny and ridiculous about this TS? Do you enjoy our EBT program which we pay for being abused? Good forbid these people under the poverty line stop eating better than I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back