Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

I think an EBT card just simplifies things...

granted there is the minority of the population who abuse this social service and/or buy stupid shit...

but I think the single mom, or struggling single parent's life shouldn't be further complicated or restricted.

and who decides what foods will be delivered?

what if families have dietary restrictions?

etc etc.

on the surface, this seems like a good idea, but in practice I'm sure it will essentially resemble the idea of "drug testing those on welfare."

ends up being a waste of time, money, and burdened by government bureaucratic shit.

If they could do it without increasing cost and decreasing quality of service, it could be a good idea. Limited access to healthy food options can promote unhealthy living, so having healthy food shipped wouldn't be a bad development. I'm concerned this is more a response to some welfare queen meme that got to Trump via chain mail than any intention to improve the lives of poor Americans, though.

Don't mind him. @HatchetHarry lived with his parents and they paid for everything including food and schooling until he was 27. So he has no idea what it takes for an adult to feed themselves, let alone a family with kids
9-dodgeball-quotes.gif

I don't think the government should be involved in distributing little boxes of food to people. I just don't see it being done efficiently at all. To what extent there should be a government program for food assistance, I think it should just be cash. The only winners I see out of this are the companies that win the contracts to produce these little boxes of food.

Awww damn you mean less free stuff?

Liberals are having autistic meltdowns nationwide.

Actually this "plan", and I use that term loosely, would cost much more and be much less effective. Save that "less free stuff" bullshit for Stormfront.

Nice AV though.

Wrong. It's a simple concept, really.

In exchange for excluding people from land that allows them to produce for themselves, and forcing them to participate in the market to make rent instead, we provide compensation when the market is not capable of ensuring everyone's basic needs are met.

It’s not our responsibility. Everyone is able to ensure their basic needs are met however people don’t want to put in the effort

It’s not our responsibility. Everyone is able to ensure their basic needs are met however people don’t want to put in the effort

If you aren't a troll, then you are either

1- A total fucking dickhead who doesn't give a shit about his fellow man........

Or.....

2-Someone with so little life experience that you honestly believe that the situation of being in need is in black and white terms.

Either way you are not a person I would like to be around. Seriously look into the mirror.

I think an EBT card just simplifies things...

granted there is the minority of the population who abuse this social service and/or buy stupid shit...

but I think the single mom, or struggling single parent's life shouldn't be further complicated or restricted.
and who decides what foods will be delivered?

what if families have dietary restrictions?

etc etc

on the surface, this seems like a good idea, but in practice I'm sure it will essentially resemble the idea of "drug testing those on welfare."

ends up being a waste of time, money, and burdened by government bureaucratic shit.
Eexactly. Not to mention the endless lawsuits(some frivilous, some legit) by people with food allergies/ certain medical conditions, that would blame the government for them getting sick and would claim that the govt is responsible for FORCING food on them. Even if the govenrnment had a system that could account for each familys individual needs(they couldnt, it would be too expansive and all encompassing), a mistake could send a kid into shock for being allergic to peanuts or some shit. Not a pracitical plan imo.

Just another face to this retarded welfare system, which gives people just enough to float along in squalor but not enough to improve their situation. What a god damn waste. Either invest enough in each individual to give them legs, and hold them accountable, or drastically reduce the welfare system for anyone but the sick, elderly, children etc.

If you aren't a troll, then you are either

1- A total fucking dickhead who doesn't give a shit about his fellow man........

Or.....

2-Someone with so little life experience that you honestly believe that the situation of being in need is in black and white terms.

Either way you are not a person I would like to be around. Seriously look into the mirror.

It’s not the governments responsibility to feed people on other peoples dime. This is outright theft and is one of the great injustices our society faces today. It encourages laziness and ensures a strong voting base for the left. It has nothing to do with “helping” people.

The government is there to govern. You are the one who needs to take a look in the mirror. You are part of the problem here. You hinder American progress and support theft. You wouldn’t have to worry being around me as I don’t associate with scumbags like you.

yeah, all poor people are lazy, right? You're so enlightened.

It’s not just laziness. Drugs, alcohol, sexual promiscuity, and poor financial decisions. Regardless of the reason it’s not fair for my tax dollars to go to enabling them.

Don't mind him. @HatchetHarry lived with his parents and they paid for everything including food and schooling until he was 27. So he has no idea what it takes for an adult to feed themselves, let alone a family with kids

I didn’t live with them. They had a beach house that was only used 3 or 4 times a year. It was near my place of employment so it made sense for me to live there.

It’s not the governments responsibility to feed people on other peoples dime. This is outright theft and is one of the great injustices our society faces today. It encourages laziness and ensures a strong voting base for the left. It has nothing to do with “helping” people.

The government is there to govern. You are the one who needs to take a look in the mirror. You are part of the problem here. You hinder American progress and support theft. You wouldn’t have to worry being around me as I don’t associate with scumbags like you.

I don't think you know what the word "govern" means.

Fucking hell I should have known I was talking to a "libertarian".

How bout those tax cuts your parents got when they claimed you as a dependent? While they were supporting your ass, I might add.

Let me guess, property rights is the next argument.......

It’s not just laziness. Drugs, alcohol, sexual promiscuity, and poor financial decisions. Regardless of the reason it’s not fair for my tax dollars to go to enabling them.

Apparently wanting to educate people is a bad decision also

I’ll let you stew on it for a while. See if you can figure it out

The only thing I can think you might be talking about is MRE's, but I kind of dismissed that as it was posted earlier in the thread that SNAP benefits allow for approximately $1.40 per meal and a single MRE costs the US taxpayers $7.25. which kind of proves my point. If not, i'll just have to live with the disappointment of not knowing what you mean if you choose not to enlighten me.

I don't think you know what the word "govern" means.

Fucking hell I should have known I was talking to a "libertarian".

How bout those tax cuts your parents got when they claimed you as a dependent? While they were supporting your ass, I might add.

Let me guess, property rights is the next argument.......

Libertarianism is the only viewpoint that makes sense. It is by far the most moral and fair

Back