List your current goal(Bulking/Cutting) and your supplements!

bulking:

5g CEE
freedom greens
2 servings whey
cheap multi

Anyways always glad see some respones, I've already responded to a few of the questions listed towards me and my mega stack. I have a journal here http://forums.bulknutrition.com/?showtopic=23924 feel free check it out give me feedback etc.

Any question on a supplement, that you want to know why i'm taking it, or what its for etc.

Basically willing answer questions comments or conserns. openly

Thanks
Judo-kid

LoL whoops logged on friends account(he was over a while ago) better switch to mine(judo kid) so he dosnt end up getting pms about supplements.

My Real sherdog SN (not my friends)-Kirby652

Is Judo-kid

Currently bulking, supplementing with gumbo.

kirby652 said:
Anyways always glad see some respones, I've already responded to a few of the questions listed towards me and my mega stack. I have a journal here http://forums.bulknutrition.com/?showtopic=23924 feel free check it out give me feedback etc.

Any question on a supplement, that you want to know why i'm taking it, or what its for etc.

Basically willing answer questions comments or conserns. openly

Thanks
Judo-kid

I'm sorry to have to drive this home so harshly, but we don't need to ask you questions. Your stack is mostly a massive waste of money.

Madmick said:
I'm sorry to have to drive this home so harshly, but we don't need to ask you questions. Your stack is mostly a massive waste of money.

Can you explain with papers what in my stack is a waste(knowing you don't know what half the items are its pretty hard take your word for it)

Not trying to be rude but i have 5 years of BB experience and am taking products that are heavy reviewed and used for diffrent purposes with good results shown.

Thanks
Judo-kid

Heavily reviewed by who?
What's your criteria for a believable 'review'. I mean, how many studies are there on such a mainstream supplement as glutamine? Not that much...

IMO that's a nice recipe for a Hocus-Pocus magical potion you have right there.
Training is mostly about training. Eating comes second. Supplementing comes third.

I take: creatine, whey, glutamine, multivit, and I'm not even sure it makes a difference. How can you know 'x' works if you implement it with 'a','b','c','d'. etc...? How do you know that the totality of the benefits you gain from supps does not stem from 'k'?

kirby652 said:
Can you explain with papers what in my stack is a waste(knowing you don't know what half the items are its pretty hard take your word for it)

Not trying to be rude but i have 5 years of BB experience and am taking products that are heavy reviewed and used for diffrent purposes with good results shown.

Thanks
Judo-kid

Sorry but I'm completely on-board with Madmick on this one.

HMB for one has pretty much been debunked back in the late 90's actually. It was heavily hyped around 94-95 or so then shown to be relatively useless. You can always find 'reviews' in the BB rags that push just about any supplement.

This happens routinely with supplements. Look at the chromium piccolinate hype and subsequent debunking. Another classic move that happens with a lot of supplements. I believe colustrum was heavily hyped as 'the next big thing' several years ago. We'll see it fade away for the next big thing soon.

The current rage is all the NOXplode products. Give it a year or two. They're pretty much the current replacement of the old Cell-tech supplements that everyone was all over a few years back. The vast majority of supps are fad items pushed by the companies that sponsor the BB mags.

I don't know what half the cr@p you're taking is either. And you know what? If it had real (read not just some Muscletech type of study) documented results, everyone would have heard of it.

Creatine is one of the very few heavily tested supps that repeated scientific studies show a slight gain from. I've tried it in the past and it didn't do much for me personally. And that is the tried and true 1% gain scenario. What are you looking for from the rest of the stack? A tenth of a percent over the next two years? Is your diet that spot on and your pockets that deep?

As to the 5 years of BB experience, you never answered my initial question. Have you reached that 230 pounds of rip at 6' or less? Heck with 5 years of BB exerience and all these supps you should be a shredded, huge beast right?

I'm cutting

I take GNC Megamen multivts and mega minerals. And 2 scoops of Muscle milk with water before bed/after BJJ.

Nothing more.. nothing less.

kirby652 said:
Can you explain with papers what in my stack is a waste

Here's an excerpt from a PhD from Vanderbilt University reviewing pretty much all the existing HMB studies and info. For the complete article click here

After reviewing the sparse and conflicting information regarding the effectiveness, I came to the conclusion that there is simply not enough concrete evidence to support the claim that HMB promotes the growth of lean muscle mass ...

I did, however, discover a few of the underhanded marketing techniques used by the companies. They claimed that there were countless research studies, which proved HMB's validity as an effective nutritional supplement. This was not nearly the case. The simple fact that a resourceful university library produced only one study involving HMB on humans, is evidence enough to argue that the promoters are over-generalizing the facts behind the study of the product.

On Colostrum:

If during the late stages of a 100k bike race or marathon you feel as if you are going to be exercising until the cows come home, a few lozenges deftly placed under your tongue might have you charging towards the finish line like an angry bull. Then again, each lozenge contains just one-fifth of a gram of colostrum, so it would take 100 such tablets to attain the proven dose of 20g per day.

This is not to poke fun at the idea of using colostrum to boost your performances and recovery, but simply to point out that colostrum consumption will be extremely pricey for the average athlete. Clearly the stuff is

Some quotes from an article on 5-HTP. Click here for the article.

According to the web sites used, a supplement of 5-HTP is said to regulate moods, help treat anxiety and aid in weight loss (www.biosynergy.com/5htp.htm).

The evidence supporting that 5-HTP aids in weight loss was only the one study . However, the study provided details which showed a loss of fourteen pounds in twelve weeks.

Didn't you say you were using this to BULK? From the article's conclusion...

Although I believe that 5-HTP may have positive benefits, the articles I read provided too little detail to convince me that they are not just trying to sell the herb.

Shall I waste everyone's time going through the rest of your stack doing this to prove my point?

Love how you ignored my post.
1 - a lot of that stuff is pure bullshit
2 - you're taking a lot of the same thing just with different names
3 - you're putting things into your body that your body already produces enough of naturally
4 - you're taking stuff that is designed to help people with focus and sexual problems
KOU In3 said:
Shall I waste everyone's time going through the rest of your stack doing this to prove my point?
No. Don't bother with Judo-kid anymore, he just believes what he wants to hear. Good luck gaining that 23 lbs in 50 days bro.

Good job KOUin3! :eek:

More of that on sherdog would be great. But people are just too lazy in general (me included) to search for a refutation of something you already know is crap.

KOU In3 said:
Here's an excerpt from a PhD from Vanderbilt University reviewing pretty much all the existing HMB studies and info. For the complete article click here

After reviewing the sparse and conflicting information regarding the effectiveness, I came to the conclusion that there is simply not enough concrete evidence to support the claim that HMB promotes the growth of lean muscle mass ...

I did, however, discover a few of the underhanded marketing techniques used by the companies. They claimed that there were countless research studies, which proved HMB's validity as an effective nutritional supplement. This was not nearly the case. The simple fact that a resourceful university library produced only one study involving HMB on humans, is evidence enough to argue that the promoters are over-generalizing the facts behind the study of the product.

And to back that up, Terumo called HMB "an absolute fucking waste". He is a PhD & MD at Vanderbilt.

In case you didn't know, the last refuge of HMB supporters was Vanderbilt HMB; orginally designed there, they had a certain patent. Mike at Eva's in New York talked this up to me for about 15 minutes. He didn't sell me the stuff, but I opened my mind to give HMB a second chance.

Now I've read TWO Vanderbilt PhD's who've said HMB is bullshit.

Not that I need to, but I'm gonna take their word for it.

BAS_FAN said:
as per carnal request....corned beef hash....
Ughhh. I tried that stuff just for shits and giggles.

Awful.

I'll answer the easy ones first....

5 HTP reason for me taking it simple, i was slipped MDMA at a party doing research on how it works. Needed to find a way to supplement my sertonin and 5-HTP does that.

As for Colostrum: Your right, i've read a few studys and gave it a try bounce a bunch and am using what a study found was effective and now am almost out!> very uncost effective since BN stopped carrieing bulk it looks as if i won't be using it much longer inless i can find a winning lotto ticket.

HMB

Here are links to several clinical studies done on HMB with positive results...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...8573&query_hl=4

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...8853&query_hl=4

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...8859&query_hl=4

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...1534&query_hl=4

Here are links to a couple clinical studies done on HMB with negative results...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...9506&query_hl=4

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...6212&query_hl=4

So i figured i'd give it a shot(had a few extra bucks laying around for once)

BTW i am working two jobs and going to school not to mention trainning and girlfriend/friends so if it seems like i take a while to respond, I'm just busy.

Back