Social Liquor, Beer or Wine - Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
whats the difference between gin and whiskey ?
Is taste similar or different ?
alc. % should be the same , 40% ?

Not remotely similar in taste, both are distilled spirits but gin is flavoured with juniper berries and other botanicals. Mainly juniper berries.

Whereas whisky is simply distilled from grain and aged for a minimum 3 years (over here at least) in wooden casks. The flavour comes from the grains used (and some other factors) and then from the cask aging. You can't add anything else.

Both have to be minimum 40% alcohol though yep

i prefer wine from the list but now drink almost exclusively ginger beer. I used to drink beer but now it gets me bloated.
Theres lots of great varieties out in the last few years.
fit

this Jamaican one has a really strong and spicy ginger taste

image_387157de-6673-4649-a367-281b4e36359d_355x473.jpg

this one from Sunshine coast in australia has added chilli

Diablo-Co-Sunshine-Coast-QLD-Diablo-6-pack-2_1bab71a0-d7e1-48e7-9fef-bb3167082b7e_800x.jpg

Last edited:
Beer, the others I can go months without drinking, but I usually have a few beers a week

depends.

With food wine, with friends at a pub beer, relaxing at home liquor.

depends on how I am, there'd be times where if I drink too much of a certain type it mellows out and I get off on the other type, then the cycle repeats

for awhile last year i drank mainly liquor so it didnt do much for me and I switched over to wine. This year I'm more for beers, but thats coming to an end soon since I'm not enjoying them much anymore. Most likely I'll be back on wine next month

Beer. It's all purpose. Can drink out with friends and be sociable or drink a few beers at while watching sports.

Liquor is good when alone though, when you just want taper off the day at home.

Wine pairs with a vast variety of Food.

I don't drink enough to bother buying liquor bottles, but I order some in restaurants and bars if I go out - it's usually good. A lot of wines aren't that good, but those that are aged in toasted barrels are pretty good because they get infused with a graphite / incense / smoke sort of taste; it's a lot more interesting than just the plain 'berry' taste. But if you're in a restaurant there's no way to know if the wine got that treatment, unless you're familiar with that particular bottle. Riesling is fun just by virtue of being different because it develops a petrol taste as it ages, so you should taste it if the bottle is decent. Beer is usually what I drink if I drink at home, the dark bitter ones and IPAs are good, but nothing mind-blowing - even the ones from renown breweries.

Where I'm from we drink Cider (which has alcohol, unlike in many other places I've been to where it's mainly a drink for grannies), which we pour from high above our heads
52020868_2042068932548319_1063732724839219200_n.jpg

Other than that I enjoy wine

I can drink beer but I'd rather have any of the above or gin

Where I'm from we drink Cider (which has alcohol, unlike in many other places I've been to where it's mainly a drink for grannies), which we pour from high above our heads
52020868_2042068932548319_1063732724839219200_n.jpg

Other than that I enjoy wine

I can drink beer but I'd rather have any of the above or gin
I've seen this in the Basque country, why do yous pour it like that?

I've seen this in the Basque country, why do yous pour it like that?
Yeah, basques pour it from the barrell. The reason is cause it creates bubbles of carbon dioxide that boost the scent and flavor properties of the cider. It's also meant to be drank immediately after pouring and not to be sipped.

Liquor most of the time
Wine on fancy occasions like when going to wineries
Beer at sporting events and family functions

If I had to pick out of the 3 it would be beer. Just easier to chill with.

4897c78da4d76216d6a1de834e84f7f0

608797.jpg

21pour1-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

I don't drink, but I made this pineapple alcohol from scratch for my brother and my father in law for Christmas last year, and that shit was tasty as fuck.

It was like a strong wine, but I bet it would've been slammin with some Bumbu rum in it lol.

Back