News Lima vs. Mousasi on Oct 29

Pretty solid event, its a shame about the 3 scratched bouts, 2 of them were pretty solid.

I've given shit to Bellator for making their content hard to catch (for euros) but these youtube cards are nice. (Main card wont be but whatever)

I tried to find the card line up in Sherdog Fight Finder, but couldn't and realized it's posted here.

I read them doing 3 fights in a 2 hr time slot is to accommodate CBS Sports in case Bellator runs long.

3 for 3 for wrestlers. I am happy. Although Johnson is a wrestler too, but that was a matchmaking problem.

Feel a bit sorry for Gwerder. He seemed to be a Hawaii prospect they had some interest in building, but they threw him to the wolf.

This is how Stupid you are!

bellator_239_timotby_johnson_tyrell_fortune.jpg

I'm very confused what Bellator is trying to do. Dalton Rosta said that he had 2 fights turned down in his post-fight interviews. The first was Andre Petroski. That makes sense, a good, big step up for Rosta. The second was Romero Cotton. What? Why? I wonder if they're trying to trim the roster. Why does one of Rosta or Cotton need to pick up an L right now? It's so early in both their careers, one was 3-0 at the time the other was 4-0. Maybe they're both coming to the end of contracts and Bellator wants to drive down price? I know Rosta is, not sure about Cotton. It's ridiculous, they're both talented young fighters, they shouldn't be fighting each other. Perhaps, if they're looking to trim, they will give Gwerder to Cotton next, and if Gwerder takes another L, he gets the axe. No matter what, Romero Cotton and Jordan Newman need to look to fight very soon, or the organization may move on from them. Rosta is a beast, he may have a bit longer of a layoff for contract negotiations but hopefully he fights soon again because he could rise very fast.

The Eblen fight was amazing. What, did he get 15 mat returns? Maybe more? It was so beautiful to watch. He ragdolled Johnson around the cage. But for me it also highlights how weak Ruth is. And by weak, I mean in terms of physical strength, not skill. I thought he looked small vs. Gracie, and had a hard time really winning battles for position with Gracie, who looked visibly bigger even at 170. And then he looked smaller than Amosov, and looked like he was having a rough time matching the strength of Amosov. Then he moved up to 185, for no apparent reason because he already looked small at 170. And there, albeit he got caught in a trap a bit, but he still couldn't fight for position with Johnson. And Johnson is not a small heavyweight. Johnson is a good grappler, good wrestler in his own right, I believe formerly D1 then transferred and became an NAIA all american. Contender series headliner, subbed Ed Ruth. Eblen threw him around for 15 minutes like he was a toy. I think the fact that he was able to do that...Ruth has absolutely no business at middleweight. He should stay in welterweight, and even there I think his body shape disadvantages him. He has a distinctly V-shaped body, which looks nice, girls find it attractive, but it's not functionally the best configuration. I don't think he is behind Johnson in skill, but he does not have Johnson's strength, and Johnson doesn't have Eblen's strength. Ruth needs to move back down. But Eblen...what a beast.

Cody Law got the job done. Your first pro fight, also facing a rookie, if you're the blue chip people say you are, you better take care of business, and he did. It'll be a solid 2 or 3 more fights before he starts to face some real challenges. And Law should be aiming for a fast turnaround. When you're a veteran who's already made it to UFC stardom, then you can fight once a year. If you're a rookie trying to make it, you gotta fight once every couple of months, especially that this fight was not very taxing. If he could get in one more fight before New Years that would be good.

I'm very confused what Bellator is trying to do. Dalton Rosta said that he had 2 fights turned down in his post-fight interviews. The first was Andre Petroski. That makes sense, a good, big step up for Rosta. The second was Romero Cotton. What? Why? I wonder if they're trying to trim the roster. Why does one of Rosta or Cotton need to pick up an L right now? It's so early in both their careers, one was 3-0 at the time the other was 4-0. Maybe they're both coming to the end of contracts and Bellator wants to drive down price? I know Rosta is, not sure about Cotton. It's ridiculous, they're both talented young fighters, they shouldn't be fighting each other. Perhaps, if they're looking to trim, they will give Gwerder to Cotton next, and if Gwerder takes another L, he gets the axe. No matter what, Romero Cotton and Jordan Newman need to look to fight very soon, or the organization may move on from them. Rosta is a beast, he may have a bit longer of a layoff for contract negotiations but hopefully he fights soon again because he could rise very fast.

The Eblen fight was amazing. What, did he get 15 mat returns? Maybe more? It was so beautiful to watch. He ragdolled Johnson around the cage. But for me it also highlights how weak Ruth is. And by weak, I mean in terms of physical strength, not skill. I thought he looked small vs. Gracie, and had a hard time really winning battles for position with Gracie, who looked visibly bigger even at 170. And then he looked smaller than Amosov, and looked like he was having a rough time matching the strength of Amosov. Then he moved up to 185, for no apparent reason because he already looked small at 170. And there, albeit he got caught in a trap a bit, but he still couldn't fight for position with Johnson. And Johnson is not a small heavyweight. Johnson is a good grappler, good wrestler in his own right, I believe formerly D1 then transferred and became an NAIA all american. Contender series headliner, subbed Ed Ruth. Eblen threw him around for 15 minutes like he was a toy. I think the fact that he was able to do that...Ruth has absolutely no business at middleweight. He should stay in welterweight, and even there I think his body shape disadvantages him. He has a distinctly V-shaped body, which looks nice, girls find it attractive, but it's not functionally the best configuration. I don't think he is behind Johnson in skill, but he does not have Johnson's strength, and Johnson doesn't have Eblen's strength. Ruth needs to move back down. But Eblen...what a beast.

Cody Law got the job done. Your first pro fight, also facing a rookie, if you're the blue chip people say you are, you better take care of business, and he did. It'll be a solid 2 or 3 more fights before he starts to face some real challenges. And Law should be aiming for a fast turnaround. When you're a veteran who's already made it to UFC stardom, then you can fight once a year. If you're a rookie trying to make it, you gotta fight once every couple of months, especially that this fight was not very taxing. If he could get in one more fight before New Years that would be good.
Rosta was very impressive, the guy is only 4-0 but looks better and better. He might have been the biggest winner of the night.
It would have been stupid to have him fight Cotton right now, Im glad th3y didnt fight.
Hopefully they dont do Rosta vs Eblen either, ateast not right now.

This is a different animal ( as a moose supporter , wish its be easy). Gegard was a -360 favorite over Rory and made him tap like one. They'll be no size advantage here ( mousasi " should" have a strength advantage) - Lima is enormous and evolves with every fight. When openers come out- alot of surprised people as I see Gegard as a -140, -150 favorite...which is slight in the fight game.
I consider both pound for pounders and mousasi will find himself in another " lose lose" situation .That shouldnt be the case but sadly will. I was hoping Bader was still champ and mousasi may have changed his mind and went for easier fight, imo( bader) but not the case anymore.

Anyway - to most who know- this a true superfight.
This hasn’t aged well, but it was a fair assessment of the fight

Rosta was very impressive, the guy is only 4-0 but looks better and better. He might have been the biggest winner of the night.
It would have been stupid to have him fight Cotton right now, Im glad th3y didnt fight.
Hopefully they dont do Rosta vs Eblen either, ateast not right now.
Yeah, the Cotton camp backed out and Rosta saw it as a cowardly move but...it was absolutely the right move, and as a camp you should take care of your fighters like that.

I really hope they don't match Eblen and Vanderford if Vanderford takes this next fight. That's what I'd be more afraid of. I think if they stick to their gameplans, both could probably push the top of the division. Vanderford was trying too hard to strike with Bozinyan in the last fight, so he didn't dominate until round 3. But he had Bonzinyan pretty dazed and bloodied in the 3rd round, if he went out and did that in the first round he probably finishes late first or early second. And Eblen also said in post-fight that he wanted to strike more. These guys aren't strikers, either in terms of base or by the way they've developed, some wrestlers pick up striking easily but these two didn't and they should absolutely keep working on that but they shouldn't try too hard to be something they're not. That said, behind Gegard, the division really doesn't have a lot going for it. Especially after seeing what Salter was able to do to Van Steenis. Behind Mousasi there's maybe Anatoly Tokov, he's the 2nd biggest threat, but he's overseas. Salter always has a chance for a sub against Vanderford or Eblen but that's about it, they're better wrestlers, they might even be better on the feet. But I think Mousasi wants him. If Van Steenis couldn't stop Salter from playing his game, he probably can't stop Vanderford or Eblen. But he's also overseas. You could definitely feed one of them Kapel but he broke his hand in the last fight. Vanderford was booked for Madrid, you could definitely still make that fight. And Tony Johnson would be a decent fight for Eblen, he would be a terrible fight if Eblen wants to stand.

For Rosta, if they could still get that Petroski fight that might be nice. You probably want him to get his 5th fight down before he starts fighting world beaters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back