Media Lil Nog putting it on Tito

I remember hearing this as well. No wonder he looked so stiff.

His best days were behind him at this point. He was really good at one point.
dude looks too stiff. yea his pride emergence and that build up to the shogun fight in the LHW tournament was epic. that was a true showdown of some of the best up and coming brazilians at that time. BTT vs Chute Boxe, best LHW. it was a close fight. Shogun did better. A great time, a great period to be a MMA fan.

Tito looked kind of solidish for the first 1:10 seconds? But then gets rocked and his glass body exposed.

Lil Nog doesn't get enough mentions. He was very solid. Doesn't he have near Olympic level boxing? That's what some poster said once in here.

I forgot how biased Joe was for UFC fighters during this era

Jesus could joe suck tito off any more? Barely acknowledged anything nog did even the savage ground and pound he's trying to spin it In titos favour.
Nog was hitting him with elbows standing and punches nothing. No mention untill the shot that turns tito into rocked panic mode.
That’s why I laugh when people say Rogan is the best. We simply enjoy him for the sake of nostalgia.

Tito looked kind of solidish for the first 1:10 seconds? But then gets rocked and his glass body exposed.

Lil Nog doesn't get enough mentions. He was very solid. Doesn't he have near Olympic level boxing? That's what some poster said once in here.

Tito likes that low laying fruit & veg......

1702099096229.png

lil nog was past his prime in UFC, but he had a very competitive match with prime shogun back in PRIDE. watch that one. if i recall, he used to box with the brazilian boxing team as well. i also read, that later in his career, he was so stiff, that grown men had to lift him up out of bed in the morning, put him in a bathtub to soak for hours before he could start moving again. lol.
Holy shit. He's tough as nails then. That would explain why he's a little sloppier later in his career.

Holy shit. He's tough as nails then. That would explain why he's a little sloppier later in his career.
dude he was a solid LHW, on the cusp of greatness for that era. underrated LHW for that era. that fight with shogun was something else. that whole tournament, the emergence of shogun, wand vs arona, just crazy stuff.

Lil Nog and Tito were both at the top of the game - true savage fighters.

If a poster here said it once; it has to be true. I heard Lil Nog taught JDS every strike he knows.

The Nogueiras have great boxing... but man it's ugly. Lmao. The way they wing those overhands and slaps just look so primitive and stupid. Great fighters though

Titos stand up is fucking dreadful. I'll give it to him for that cheeky finish over Bader... but christ man. He boxes like a hungover robot. I honestly feel Dana mightve whooped his ass. The fact he KOed Chuck is an embarrassment and I feel sorry for Tito in finding redemption in that

Wouldn't say it was a masterful showing from prime Lil Nog. Sure it was a satisfying beat down. At the end of the day I just chalk it up to Tito really sucking at that point in his career

Reactions: HHJ
Jesus could joe suck tito off any more? Barely acknowledged anything nog did even the savage ground and pound he's trying to spin it In titos favour.
Nog was hitting him with elbows standing and punches nothing. No mention untill the shot that turns tito into rocked panic mode.
I tend to tune him out, and have been since the Aldo vs Edgar fight. Rogan has shown to be extremely biased when he favors a fighter over the other. Ignoring everything the other does, and possibly make it seem like a robbery.

But had rewatch after reading your comment, goddamn if Goldberg wasn’t cutting in mentioning how Lil Nog is a black belt in BJJ and the fact Tito is getting grounded to dust… you’d think Tito was on his way back with all of Rogan’s bullshit.

We live in a universe that tito ortiz boxed Anderson silva. Be happy for that one

Olympic level in Brazil isn't that impressive. What was impressive was how much of his physical prime he wasted on amateur boxing instead of fighting MMA more. His slaughter of Henderson was extremely impressive and doesn't get enough credit.

A shame we never really saw the best of Rogerio in the UFC, to start with they didnt sign him for years(I suspect maybe Blackhouse management wanting each fighter to have "his own division" hence Filho ending up in WEC) but then when he did arrive he had to deal with US judging and LnP tactics, by the time he's adjusted his game to deal with those he was well past his physical prime.

This is some serious revision: "they didn't sign him for years."

He chose to sign with Affliction, who were giving out big money to the top guys. When Affliction folded, some brief 18 months later, it was July '09. Rogerio fairly quickly signed with the UFC and then fought in November or December of that year.

Altogether, it was about 2.5 years from his last Pride fight to his first UFC appearance.

Edit: took a look at the reported payouts, and Rogerio definitely wasn't one of the highest paid. Looks like 50k plus win bonus for Affliction Banned. He did earn 150k for the second event, so likely the promised increases were big steps.

Reactions: HHJ
Name of girl in your av sir, I didn't save it lol
giphy.gif

dude he was a solid LHW, on the cusp of greatness for that era. underrated LHW for that era. that fight with shogun was something else. that whole tournament, the emergence of shogun, wand vs arona, just crazy stuff.
I remember he pretty much toyed w Sakuraba.

Back