Media Lil Nog putting it on Tito

A shame we never really saw the best of Rogerio in the UFC, to start with they didnt sign him for years(I suspect maybe Blackhouse management wanting each fighter to have "his own division" hence Filho ending up in WEC) but then when he did arrive he had to deal with US judging and LnP tactics, by the time he's adjusted his game to deal with those he was well past his physical prime.

Nog tried 0 submission attempts on Davis or Bader, who also landed many more strikes than Nog did. A 40-8 differential in the Davis fight.
Not to mention the TDs completed.

Thats not "US judging"

He has good boxing. Near Olympic? Not really, he would have gotten floored in the Olympics, but he has good amateur accomplishments all things considering.

He was just as good as many champions, things just didn't fall his way.
I think he was near Olympic in terms of having a chance of going to the games with brazil not really being the strongest boxing nation(but not a pushover either).

Again I think by the time of this fight he was no longer close to his best a decade into his career, actually looks quite slow and sloppy to me relative to his best performances which i think came in Pride, probably Hendo was the best one who he absolutely dominated and tooled like nobody else ever did, even his brother in the rematch didnt.

Lol Nog is an underrated fighter. Shame he didn't get many fights with big names in his prime like Rampage, Wand, Arona, Belfort, Lidell, Forrest. He was a tough stylistic matchup for many top fighters

lil nog was past his prime in UFC, but he had a very competitive match with prime shogun back in PRIDE. watch that one. if i recall, he used to box with the brazilian boxing team as well. i also read, that later in his career, he was so stiff, that grown men had to lift him up out of bed in the morning, put him in a bathtub to soak for hours before he could start moving again. lol.

Gotta respect Lil Nog throwing everything at Tito to get him out of there. A lot of guys would have started to slow it down in top position there and conserve energy, but Lil Nog just kept GnP'ing the shit out of Tito.

Reactions: HHJ
He never had 'Olympic level' boxing. He trained with boxers who were in the Olympics sure but his striking wasn't ever THAT great.

I really enjoyed this fight , come to think of it I really liked his fights against Shogun and Sakuraba in Pride as well , I guess my evening is booked

lil nog was past his prime in UFC, but he had a very competitive match with prime shogun back in PRIDE. watch that one. if i recall, he used to box with the brazilian boxing team as well. i also read, that later in his career, he was so stiff, that grown men had to lift him up out of bed in the morning, put him in a bathtub to soak for hours before he could start moving again. lol.

I remember hearing this as well. No wonder he looked so stiff.

His best days were behind him at this point. He was really good at one point.

Back