Like it or not, Holm makes sense.

Ronda has said it. Dana has said. Everyone that works for the UFC has said it.

"Make 135, and you get to fight Ronda"

Cyborg said deal. Cyborg said she would make 135. Then she demanded a catch weight. Then she said she'd die if she made weight. Then nutritionists came out said, they could get her to 135. Cyborg said she would do it.......and then demanded a catch weight.

The UFC, and Ronda have agreed to fight Cyborg. Cyborg refuses to do it.

Ronda doesn't need Cyborg
Cyborg needs Ronda
Ronda is willing to fight Cyborg
Cyborg is not willing to fight Ronda.

Different division only b/c Ronda ran away from it claiming "I want to become champ at 135 so it will be a bigger fight". Then Cyroid popped for roids and the SF 145 division was dismantled.

Fixed.

It makes no sense, she's ranked around 9, Pennington gave her problems on the feet, and she looked like garbage despite Marion electing to do nothing the whole fight. Either Miesha or Nunes deserves the shot. This is a bigger farce than the Correia fight.

Holm isn't green and has been in the sport longer.

She's just not as good as Ronda.

Have you not seen Holm's last 2 fights? Looks like an amateur kickboxer at best, or a chic that watched a few Billy Blanks Tae-Bo videos....she is nowhere near title contention, and considering Ronda just fought a can, it makes no sense feeding her another newb can.
Ronda's first amateur MMA fight was 2010, Holm turned pro in 2011....

What does her turning down a contract with an organization that openly admitted "we dont have a division for you and the champion in the only division we do have refuses to fight you" have to do with anything?

Let's look at things how they actually were, please. Cyborg was under contract with the UFC already (due to the UFC buying out Strikeforce and, by extension, her contract) and they offered her a deal that would have her fighting in Invicta at 145 until they could iron out the fight with Ronda. Cyborg's response to this deal was to request her release from the UFC, which right there killed the possibility of a fight with Ronda, to go fight for... you guessed it! Invicta.

I don't know about you, but that sure sounds like Cyborg's running to me.

Though you have a point - lets not forget Anderson fought guys like James Irvin, Thales Leites, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Stephan Bonnar... Let's not pretend this is the first time in history we've seen this.

I do not disagree. With the exceptions of maybe Irvin and Bonnar since no one knew how Anderson would look at 205 and the Bonnar fight was him stepping in to save a card. At least Leites has proven to actually be a legit fighter. Hell if Silva actually had "some" tougher competition back in the day, it would be a lot harder to argue him not being the UFC GOAT.

Have no problem with the fight, but this is probably the most predictable fight since Couture vs. Toney.

Ronda closes the distance with strikes, clinches up with Holm, judo tosses her with ease, submits her seconds later, likely with an armbar.

Holm has literally zero chance. She doesn't have KO power or any submissions whatsoever, there is zero threat.

Let's look at things how they actually were, please. Cyborg was under contract with the UFC already (due to the UFC buying out Strikeforce and, by extension, her contract) and they offered her a deal that would have her fighting in Invicta at 145 until they could iron out the fight with Ronda. Cyborg's response to this deal was to request her release from the UFC, which right there killed the possibility of a fight with Ronda, to go fight for... you guessed it! Invicta.

I don't know about you, but that sure sounds like Cyborg's running to me.

Cyborg not wanting to fight under the Invicta banner while signed to the UFC is irrelevant. THere is nothing to iron out. Cyborg would have fought her then, she will fight her tomm, she would have fought her in Strikeforce before Ronda ran away and dropped weight claiming it was "just to build up hype for their inevitable fight".

Rousey will not take the fight. Period. If she would, and came out and said it, there is no chance Cyborg would turn it down. But facts are facts and the fact is... Rousey is scared. She only wants to fight her easiest opponents nowadays to protect her image for Hollywood movies.

Holm fighting Rousey makes ZERO sense. What does make sense is Rousey quit ducking and fight Cyborg at catch weight.

It makes sense b/c the UFC is a joke. Its WWE style sports entertainment where they pick the champions then carefully choose who they fight and make sure they are favorable matchups every time.

And Rousey is the biggest coward in the UFC.

For a 2007 account you are either trolling or dumb as shit. I hope it's the former for the sake of people that have to deal with you in real life.

I can't believe all the bullshit I'm reading here. You guys talk as if RR is some godlike creature. Honestly, shut up. You idiots still haven't learned after guys like Serra, Weidman, Werdum etc. coming in and winning fights as underdogs when people said they had no chance. Holm has a chance. Stop being so stupid.

I can't believe all the bullshit I'm reading here. You guys talk as if RR is some godlike creature. Honestly, shut up. You idiots still haven't learned after guys like Serra, Weidman, Werdum etc. coming in and winning fights as underdogs when people said they had no chance. Holm has a chance. Stop being so stupid.

Come on now, you can't be serious. This is a squash match, Holly is only 2-0 in the UFC, and like Bethe, has no top ten wins. Fights like this are just to make the bigger name look more impressive.

Cyborg not wanting to fight under the Invicta banner while signed to the UFC is irrelevant. THere is nothing to iron out. Cyborg would have fought her then, she will fight her tomm, she would have fought her in Strikeforce before Ronda ran away and dropped weight claiming it was "just to build up hype for their inevitable fight".

It's totally relevant. Ronda is under a UFC contract and she's not getting out of it anytime soon. By turning down that deal and going to Invicta outright she was cutting off the possibility of fighting Ronda. In other words, she ran.

Rousey will not take the fight. Period. If she would, and came out and said it, there is no chance Cyborg would turn it down. But facts are facts and the fact is... Rousey is scared. She only wants to fight her easiest opponents nowadays to protect her image for Hollywood movies.

So what about this? You say there's no way Cyborg would turn it down but the ball is in her court. She's admitted on numerous occasions that she can make 135 and if she backs that talk up then the fight happens. It's that simple. But Cyborg won't make the weight, despite saying she can multiple times, because she wants to have a size advantage over Ronda.

When the power to make the fight happen lies in the hands of one person and the fight isn't happening, that person is the one to blame. That person is Cyborg. She needs to make weight or shut up.

Back