Like it or not, Holm makes sense.

New fight so people may like it, but Meisha 100% deserves it. If Meisha keeps fighting and winning the UFC is gonna kill off some new challengers.

Also Holm's opponents have a combined record of 42-41. She's just not as good as everyone made her out to be. In my humble opinion.

Different division only b/c Ronda ran away from it claiming "I want to become champ at 135 so it will be a bigger fight". Then she got famous and Cyborg tested positive for steroids, hired an idiot for a manager named Tito who talked Cyborg into walking on her UFC contract and turning down an 8 fight deal to fight at 135, and got a quack to say that going to 135 would result in her death.

If Cyborg doesn't piss hot, doesn't throw away her UFC contract and doesn't waste 3 years talking about dying and her future children if she makes 135 then this fight would have happened YEARS ago.

This is the same team that not even a month ago said that Cyborg could make 135.

Hell, if Cyborg doesn't piss hot, she might have even gotten a catch weight fight as she would have been still active and holding the belt.

Aside from Ronda name one fight at 135 that's competitive? There's nobody at 135 - why do you think Ronda is still winning?

There, fixed it for you.
Bethe was a joke, Holm is way too green, this fight makes no fucking sense at all either. The 135lb WMMA division is a joke.
Now...those 115's are hot and talented.

Wrong weight class.
I said 135. You can't duck someone who isn't in your weight class.

And who cares if she used to fight at 145?
BJ Penn fought at heavyweight. Was he ducking Cain Velasquez when he signed for a 3rd fight with Edgar?

By their logic Frankie is ducking by going to 145
Anderson is ducking by moving up to 185
BJ is ducking like 4 whole weight classes
DC is ducking HW's
Rumble is ducking MW's he made 170 - why go to 205 when there's 185?
Machida is ducking
Gegard is ducking

Fighters change divisions, it happens.

Holm is not even close to being ready for this fight. Even though in her last post fight press conference she knew it was coming.

Wrong weight class.
I said 135. You can't duck someone who isn't in your weight class.

And who cares if she used to fight at 145?
BJ Penn fought at heavyweight. Was he ducking Cain Velasquez when he signed for a 3rd fight with Edgar?
Not even comparable since the divisions are completely different(LW men's is stacked)

To answer your question, she moved down because 145 was a wasteland (still is, too).
There was only one half-decent fighter in it. and zero after Cyborg got suspended.

Then why is she so willing to fight Carano at 145, but refuses Cyborg? It's hilariously obvious.

By their logic Frankie is ducking by going to 145
Anderson is ducking by moving up to 185
BJ is ducking like 4 whole weight classes
DC is ducking HW's
Rumble is ducking MW's he made 170 - why go to 205 when there's 185?
Machida is ducking
Gegard is ducking

Fighters change divisions, it happens.

And WHY do they change division? Because they start losing at the heavier division because they are under sized/want an advantage at a lighter weight..

Different division only b/c Ronda ran away from it claiming "I want to become champ at 135 so it will be a bigger fight". Then she got famous, turned coward and decided to blatantly duck.

Now Miesha obviously deserves the shot. But its tough to beat the same person 3x. So she'd rather fight as a -2000 favorite against someone with ZERO takedown defense to convince little girls shes a champion and not a duck...

lol

There, fixed it for you.
Bethe was a joke, Holm is way too green, this fight makes no fucking sense at all either. The 135lb WMMA division is a joke.

More fights at 135, there is 1 fight at 145 and then nothing.
At 135 there are more marketable fights. After she beats Cyborg at 145 her career is over. At 135 there is always another opponent.

And WHY do they change division? Because they start losing at the heavier division because they are under sized/want an advantage at a lighter weight..

I guess Cyborg should drop to 145 then eh? But nah, she'd rather stay at 145 - fight no names in the minor leagues, and continue to call out Ronda knowing she'll never have to attempt to back up her words.

Holm is not even close to being ready for this fight. Even though in her last post fight press conference she knew it was coming.

The only fighter that "might" be ready for this fight refuses to make weight - gotta do something. Why have your champion move up when there are undefeated fighters already in her weight division?

If Cyborg doesn't piss hot, doesn't throw away her UFC contract and doesn't waste 3 years talking about dying and her future children if she makes 135 then this fight would have happened YEARS ago.

This is the same team that not even a month ago said that Cyborg could make 135.

Hell, if Cyborg doesn't piss hot, she might have even gotten a catch weight fight as she would have been still active and holding the belt.

Yeah but it's more fun to ignore these things. Cyborg had a UFC contract, and fucking Tito talked her into getting rid of it. But I guess that's Rondas fault too.

I guess Cyborg should drop to 145 then eh? But nah, she'd rather stay at 145 - fight no names in the minor leagues, and continue to call out Ronda knowing she'll never have to attempt to back up her words.

What?

the only that makes sense is that the ufc needs ronda to fight so they can make more money

New fight so people may like it, but Meisha 100% deserves it. If Meisha keeps fighting and winning the UFC is gonna kill off some new challengers.

Also Holm's opponents have a combined record of 42-41. She's just not as good as everyone made her out to be. In my humble opinion.

Though you have a point - lets not forget Anderson fought guys like James Irvin, Thales Leites, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Stephan Bonnar... Let's not pretend this is the first time in history we've seen this.

If Cyborg doesn't piss hot, doesn't throw away her UFC contract.

What does her turning down a contract with an organization that openly admitted "we dont have a division for you and the champion in the only division we do have refuses to fight you" have to do with anything?

Even if Cyborg stayed, Rousey basically acknowledged that b/c CYborg tested positive once, she knows that CYborg would beat her and so she ducks her. While I admire her honesty, from a champion I find it pretty pathetic and cowardly.

But when she refused to take Tate 3 and would only fight Holm b/c its by far her easiest style matchup... She basically jumped the shark.

the only that makes sense is that the ufc needs ronda to fight so they can make more money

Uh... that's the point of every fight. Every card they put on, every PPV show, every event they have...is to make money.

What does her turning down a contract with an organization that openly admitted "we dont have a division for you and the champion in the only division we do have refuses to fight you" have to do with anything?

Even if Cyborg stayed, Rousey basically acknowledged that b/c CYborg tested positive once, she knows that CYborg would beat her and so she ducks her. While I admire her honesty, from a champion I find it pretty pathetic and cowardly.

But when she refused to take Tate 3 and would only fight Holm b/c its by far her easiest style matchup... She basically jumped the shark.

Just rewriting history, and making stuff up. I like your style.

How many fighters currently in the UFC have failed drug tests and no one questions them at all?
Hint: There are a lot of them.

There, fixed it for you.

Holm isn't green and has been in the sport longer.

She's just not as good as Ronda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back