Like it or not, Holm makes sense.

She has looked unimpressive in the UFC, she clearly won but she looked nothing like the Holm that was 7-0 coming into the UFC. They give her someone like Pena, Tate, Cat and they lose a potential undefeated challenger for Ronda. Right now they need someone they can market. Holm is 9-0, attractive, has nice striking, kicks, and a great highlight reel. Tate will always be there, Cat has been inactive so a rematch makes no sense, Cyborg will make 135 never.

This fight makes sense right now.

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
get

i think so too. ronda vs tate 3 is pointless. i rather pay $60 to see ronda vs holm.

Zingano/Coreira and now Holw both were/is 9-0 before facing Ronda :D coincidence? dont think so :evil:

She has looked unimpressive in the UFC, she clearly won but she looked nothing like the Holm that was 7-0 coming into the UFC. They give her someone like Pena, Tate, Cat and they lose a potential undefeated challenger for Ronda. Right now they need someone they can market. Holm is 9-0, attractive, has nice striking, kicks, and a great highlight reel. Tate will always be there, Cat has been inactive so a rematch makes no sense, Cyborg will make 135 never.

This fight makes sense right now.

I agree completely. They can markert her as a one of the best female boxers ever and as an great athlete. Perfect choice after Bethe, this will give Ronda more credibility in front of mainstream media.

That division is thin as paper. Everybody is getting a title shot after 2 UFC wins.

Exactly. Undefeated and a champion boxer might as well take advantage of this storyline before someone ruins it by taking a split decision win over her. This fight was bound to happen the second she signed with the UFC. Rather see this instead of Rousey Tate 3

The criteria to fight Ronda at this point are:

1) Win about 2 fights

2) Don't already have a loss to Ronda

And half the time it seems you only need one or the other.

How did your post get above my post?

I noticed that, that's weird man. Ask the mods here. Never seen anything like it. Maybe you've been hacked? :icon_twis

On topic. I agree with that meter, I really don't care about watching Rousey fight anyone apart from Cyborg. A fight that will never happen.

It makes sense b/c the UFC is a joke. Its WWE style sports entertainment where they pick the champions then carefully choose who they fight and make sure they are favorable matchups every time.

And Rousey is the biggest coward in the UFC.

dude..you guys are nuts..its a good fight...gives ronda more of a unbeatable feeling......have cyborg fight Tate on same card...proves she can make weight...plus if(and thats a big IF) she beats tate in the 1st round could you imagine the build up for ronda/cyborg then....think outside the box people.....

The criteria to fight Ronda at this point are:

1) Win about 2 fights

2) Don't already have a loss to Ronda

And half the time it seems you only need one or the other.
Liz it was the first female fight in the UFC
Tate was 12-2 the first time she fought Ronda on a 6 fight win streak
McMann was 7-0 and an Olympic wrestler
Davis was on a 5 fight win streak, 3 in the UFC
Cat was 9-0 and had finished her last six opponents
Bethe was 9-0 and 3-0 in the ufc

What more do you want?

Would you like it more if she just didn't fight anyone?

She couldn't even KO her last 2 pathetic opponents in a paper thin division. She hasn't even fought a top 5 opponent and now they are giving her a title shot. Just shows how thin that division is.

It makes sense b/c the UFC is a joke. Its WWE style sports entertainment where they pick the champions then carefully choose who they fight and make sure they are favorable matchups every time.

tumblr_m54r6glqBy1r2gow4o1_500.gif

I'm not saying Holm is a great opponent but it's not Ronda's fault she keeps destroying everyone they put in front of her. And please tell me it's not about Cyborg, different division, different testosterone level.

Sweet troll m8. And yet you have 3,700 posts here. I guess you really like this joke dont ya?

Back