Liddel vs henderson: who would have won?

White was all about trying to discredit PRIDE fighters in the early going after the buy out. He put Silva in against Chuck who was probably dealing with concussion issues after two straight brutal knock out losses.

Dana had the ability to make that fight and never did. White and Joe Silva knew what was up. White wanted to protect his boy the best he could. Hendo would have demolished Chuck.

Hendo.

Hendo could eat Chucks punches, Chuck could not eat an H-bomb.

Depends on which point of their careers. Hendo had a strangely late prime when he started to become a much more effective striker, at which point he may pull it off, but other than that, Chuck.

To be honest they both play to each others strengths, especially in a striking aspect. Hendo coming in with the overhand right reminds me of Rampage when he beat Chuck twice in Chuck's prime. But Chuck beating Couture, who was a teammate of Hendo and is similar stylistically to Hendo does also sort of balance it out.
However, I feel Chuck, even in his prime, might not be able to take Hendo and what happened to Chuck in the first fight with Couture or either fight with Rampage could happen again, especially with the style of Hendo. So I would give it to Hendo.

Hendo from ~2010 vs Chuck from ~2006?

The fans. The fans would have won.

The only way we will ever know is if a qualified Sherdog psychoanalyst could please come in here and determine who was actually more shook in this encounter:

844077955_small.jpg
Hendo is never shook. He got KTFO'd vs TRT Vitor and signed to fight him again after that.

Chuck looks pissed about something, but Dan is just like "Hey how's your day going?"

Chuck is underrated around these parts but I would to SLIGHTLY lean towards Hendo here. Chuck's defense was suspect to say the least.

Would have been awesome. Wish Hendo got the decision against Rampage, we would have seen it

Chuck - easy. Bigger, longer, power in both hands. Incredible TD defense. He smokes Hendo in 2. Hendo was a smaller version of Couture......
chuck-liddell-knockout.gif
Really? They thought nothing alike and randy tko'd chuck the first time round. I actually feel it's also 50/50 tho.

Too close to say.

Chuck by decision or Hendo by KO.

Im leaning with Chuck by decision.

You can never count out Hendo no matter who he's fighting. In their primes, I gotta go with Chuck. I think it would be a damn good fight, but I think a lot of you just don't know who Chuck was. Skilled counter puncher vs a wrestler with an overhand right...I think it ends badly for Hendo. I'm a huge fan of both guys, and Hendo is a beast, but I think Chuck would've been a really bad style matchup for him.

Before 2007 Chuck, by decision likely, but I bet he would knock Hendo down at some point. After 2007 Hendo, Chuck was slower and his chin was fading at that point, and Hendo realized his punching power, improved his boxing and that his wrestling was kinda not as good as his striking.

Now mixing it up would be interesting. 2005 Chuck vs 2011 Hendo for example. 50/50 for that one. Chuck will land counters and Hendo will try too hard to land the H-bomb. Glancing H-bombs won't knock Chuck out like they would post Rashad fight. It would have to be on the chin clean, which could happen. Hendo wouldn't do much with his wrestling and that is good because Chuck would shut that down. But, Chuck was still hittable and especially after throwing his own strikes.

Chuck was the man in his day, and so was Hendo. In this fight, Hendo would have a much better chin. Chuck couldn't take a cherry-bonb on the chin let alone an H-bomb. A decade ago, I'd put my money on Chuck. He has some wrestling chops

Hendo had more power n better wrestling. Liddell was great for his era but not really in Hendos league

Chuck gets shit on pretty hard around here because his decline was so bad and relatively sudden. Hendo (rightfully so) gets a lot of credit for having success in the later part of his career, even though he also had some bad losses.

Truthfully this fight could go either way. Those making it sound like it would be Hendo by miles either have selective memory or let their fondness for him alter their judgement.

If I had to bet on prime v. prime I would have to put my money on Chuck. I think he could avoid the h-bomb and definitely would not get grapplef'd. Hendo does have a great chin but lets not forget that Andy cracked him to the point where he was crawling around on his face looking for a single leg. A Chuck KO is not out of the question against anyone, including Hendo.

That's prime v. prime of course. If we're talking now Chuck could be KO'd by a leafblower.

At the time of Chuck’s prime, he takes it. Hendo has that power tho.

Chuck. Longer reach, threw straighter punches. Straighter punches and a longer reach = Liddell connect first. Liddell by KO.

Back