Liddel vs henderson: who would have won?

Chuck - easy. Bigger, longer, power in both hands. Incredible TD defense. He smokes Hendo in 2. Hendo was a smaller version of Couture......
chuck-liddell-knockout.gif

Randy Had pretty bad striking.

hey guys,
kenny here. this is probably an unpopular opinion but this reminds me of the last time my mom took me shopping for pants at kohl's. what i mean is that we all remember the more recent H bomb crazy hENDERSON but in his prime he was hollywood decision dan and chuck was more of a counter striker. not a super exciting fight tbh

so if the fight happens in PRIDE, I think it ends in a boring draw
if the fight happens in UFC, i think chuck gets the split decision

just my too sense.
-kenny

Someone brought this up not long ago.
It probably depends on the time period. When Hendo was at his peak at 205, he wins. When he was probably a bit smaller, and not knocking people out as much, Chuck might win a decision if he doesn't gas.

But shit, Hendo on a bad day was destroyed by Jake Shields at (185), after appearing to be on his way to literally killing him.
Chuck wouldn't be outmatched, but I think he'd be more likely to be beaten than Hendo would.

I think Hendo could have gotten it done. I'd be favoring him.

not that this thread is talking about him, but it's interesting to note, at least in my opinion, that rampage was better than hendo, prime vs. prime. the rampage/hendo fight was when both were at their absolute primes. rampage was such a great fighter in his heyday.
I think rampage is very under appreciated. Before dc came around he seems to be up there with jones.

Common opponents = Rampage, Shogun , Franklin, Rashad - All of them flattened Liddell.

Hendo beat Shogun x 2, beat Franklin, and fought a very close 5 round dec loss to Rampage, and a close 3 rounder to Rashad. I think that speaks for which one was more durable.

To be fair, I think rashads decline was in full swing when he fought henderson who was also declining. Liddel fought the absolute best rashad before the griffin fight.

I dont even remember if rashad won a fight after henderson. I Think maybe chael.

Probably Hendo via chin. But Chuck is probably winning until Hendo cracks him.

I questioned this before Chucks decline, when he still had his famous chin. Could go either way if Chuck was in his prime... u know.... with that look in his eyes.
He could do what Bisping did in the 2nd fight and out point him and only wrestle defensively to a decision.

Strikeforce TRT Hendo knocks any version of Liddell out.

Chuck - easy. Bigger, longer, power in both hands. Incredible TD defense. He smokes Hendo in 2. Hendo was a smaller version of Couture......
chuck-liddell-knockout.gif

You mean pillow hands Couture? Couture who outstruck Liddell in the first fight and landed at will in the other two? Liddell is way too hittable to survive against Hendo. Liddell got hammered by Jackson; a guy with equal or better wrestling, clean defense and enough punching power to hurt him.

Couture had 1 of those and beat Liddell 1 of 3. Henson has all of those, he wins at worst 2 of 3.

What happened was Chuck went 2-1 with 2 brutal ko wins and one loss to Rampage. lol you say it like Chuck never won in Pride.

If we're playing that game, Wand got his ass handed to him twice in the UFC by Tito and Vitor and had to hightail it outta there and go to Pride where he could actually win a belt.

See why that's stupid?

Dan and Chuck were in the UFC together for a long time. Why do you suppose Dana never matched them up?

Back