Economy Let's talk gas prices

Good, good, let the hate flow through you!

So, it’s interesting and not totally unbelievable that they created methane in a lab setting using precise amount of carbon, iron and water. My biggest issue is the absence of CO2, which is standard in gas formation in vast amounts, and no mention of any sulfur’s. We can now create gasoline from natural gas so to do the same for methane from Carbon, iron and water isn’t out there.

So, it’s interesting and not totally unbelievable that they created methane in a lab setting using precise amount of carbon, iron and water. My biggest issue is the absence of CO2, which is standard in gas formation in vast amounts, and no mention of any sulfur’s. We can now create gasoline from natural gas so to do the same for methane from Carbon, iron and water isn’t out there.

I don't know enough about the details, but it seems plausible that abiogenic processes could be involved. Either way I don't see a solution to this. Gas prices are going up, electric cars are pretty expensive, the saturation of electric cars people own is about two percent. It seems this whole switch, which I see as only partial is going to take a loooong time. Until prices for these cars go down people will keep using the gas guzzlers.

I don't know enough about the details, but it seems plausible that abiogenic processes could be involved. Either way I don't see a solution to this. Gas prices are going up, electric cars are pretty expensive, the saturation of electric cars people own is about two percent. It seems this whole switch, which I see as only partial is going to take a loooong time. Until prices for these cars go down people will keep using the gas guzzlers.

I agree. I’m looking at shifting my profession in the next 15 years as I think 20-30 is tops. Gas prices will never see $100. $60 is a good healthy sustainable price that adds jobs but doesn’t make the cost of everything outrageous. I think we’ve been spoiled with sub $50 gas prices for so long that we weren’t living in reality.

As for the abiotic oil outside a lab setting, I’ll believe it when they can prove it from a depleted reserve or in some fashion that it’s naturally occurring. I wouldn’t be surprised to find a small percent is abiotic just based on geology and the right circumstances presented but I doubt it’s widespread or we’d already be seeing it.

You hope they keep rising so I'll be forced to buy an electric car? The average electric car costs $36.6k. Spoken like a true out of touch with reality wannabe commie.

Wanting people to buy electric cars is communism eh?

They charge you more for using a credit card at the pump? I’m surprised money hungry Chicago hasn’t tried this yet. Charging an extra $.40 per gallon for using a card is a scumbag tactic.

Over 70 for a sheet of plywood and nine bucks a 2x4, just had my roof redid, oof

when prices go up, the party in charge says it has nothing to do with the president. when they go down, they give all the credit to the president. doesn't matter which side

I’d never use gas prices in CA as some barometer nationwide since CA has it own special blend. If one refinery goes down then you’d see gas prices spike. WTI hasn’t moved much in the last month so any price increase is unrelated to the cost of oil.

Yeah. We need more giant holes in the planet where companies strip mine Lithium.

0000802969_resized_talisonlithiumminegreenbushesaustralia1022.jpg

Bonus points for not having the electrical infrastructure to support charging hundreds of thousands of cars or the ability to recycle all of those batteries.

enrpresc1_000048714798_2400.jpg

tar_sands.jpg

Just look at that pollution!

@Jack V Savage

what happened to under 3% inflation?

Gas is up $1.12 since last year. $70 plywood. I went to buy some fucking chicken wings for the first time in forever yesterday from my favorite spot. They were $14, they used to be nine.

<KhabibBS>

Back