Lets talk about your dog

Thanks!!

970178_10200247913624192_2008055532_n.jpg

396752_4224866063590_1436646803_n.jpg

I love my pup

Here's a dog that we fostered last Summer. Jenny was an eight year old Black Lab and very sweet. We would've kept her, but have enough animals already!

I'm planning on getting another dog, but want to wait until I move in december.

Here's my dog Summer. She just turned 8. Half beagle, half pug, all awesome!

0086.jpg

We have two dogs. One is Mocha, a ~4 year old pit mix (the brindle one) and the other (he's our newest addition) is Caffrey, a shepard/lab mix and they said he's a year old, but I doubt he's over 7-8 months old. He was clearly abused by a man before we got him because he acts extremely timid around me. he's cool with everyone else (wife and kids) but really is scared around me. I need to spend some serious time with to establish myself as his alpha but more importantly, trustworthy. I need to get some better pictures but this is all I had on my phone:

null_zpsc52c95f0.jpg

null_zps48f13d39.jpg

Video of him:
Caffrey Video

Here's a dog that we fostered last Summer. Jenny was an eight year old Black Lab and very sweet. We would've kept her, but have enough animals already!

I hear ya. My ex-wife worked for a Veterinary clinic, and kept bringing animals home that were abandoned, until I finally had to put a stop to it. As much as we may want to, we can't save them all!

I'm planning on getting another dog, but want to wait until I move in december.

Good plan. May I also suggest waiting until you're settled in a bit (boxes unpacked, neighbors met, etc.) If your anxiety/stress is elevated, such as during a move, so will the dogs. If you have any questions before actually going to get a new dog, feel free to ask!

We have two dogs. One is Mocha, a ~4 year old pit mix (the brindle one) and the other (he's our newest addition) is Caffrey, a shepard/lab mix and they said he's a year old, but I doubt he's over 7-8 months old. He was clearly abused by a man before we got him because he acts extremely timid around me. he's cool with everyone else (wife and kids) but really is scared around me. I need to spend some serious time with to establish myself as his alpha but more importantly, trustworthy. I need to get some better pictures but this is all I had on my phone:

null_zpsc52c95f0.jpg

null_zps48f13d39.jpg

Video of him:
Caffrey Video

Very nice.
With the timid one, do more confidence-building exercises (like playing tug and letting him win, etc.) Unless he is being aggressive, hold off on the desire to establish the alpha role with him.
Spend some time just sitting on the floor and letting him come up to you instead of you going to him.
Good luck. If you need any advice/help down that road, just let me know. I enjoy helping people enjoy their pets!

My dog is named Chance.

He is a rescue from Ohio, and we have had him for 4 wonderful years now (they don't know his actual age, but we suspect he is around 6). We actually got him by accident.

Our first dog had passed away the year before, and my sister was looking to get another dog for the family. There was a website to adopt last chance animals from kill shelters, and she came across a dog named Maggie. When she called to inquire about the dog, the receptionist thought she had said Mcgee (My dog's name prior to adoption).

It wasn't until we went to meet the adoption coordinator that we discovered we were adopting a black half lab/half boxer, instead of a tiny border collie.

The first day we got him, he was like bottled lighting. He would run back and forth at maximum speed in the backyard, bark non stop, and nip at your hands and feet. He had endured an 8 hour drive from Ohio to Toronto, and had spent the last 6 months of his life in a shelter cage. He made the most of his first day of freedom.

Once he settled in, you couldn't ask for a sweeter dog. He lives for only two things, attention from people, and food. I'm the only one of my siblings still living at home, and he spends his nights sleeping at the foot of my bed.

I love him like a child/brother, and I couldn't imagine my life without him.

My Buddy is named Ben. He turns 3 in December. He is a black lab golden retriever mix. We got him when we bought our house and had a yard. Here is a picture of me and him on the beach.

320297_4293599142450_950908739_n.jpg

Hey, there will be no pictures of animal abuse on this thread....specifically of them in ugly Christmas sweaters.. :wink: jus kiddin. He looks like a wonderful companion!

I'll see the sweater

527916_10151329340396032_413965603_n.jpg

and raise you a rain jacket

391486_10150986820591032_1832720415_n.jpg

a Christmas hat

409122_10150458691486032_1846643925_n.jpg

and a pair of sunglasses.

205911_10150254071471032_4968842_n.jpg

(Yes, my wife is insane.)

My dog is named Chance.

He is a rescue from Ohio, and we have had him for 4 wonderful years now (they don't know his actual age, but we suspect he is around 6). We actually got him by accident.

Our first dog had passed away the year before, and my sister was looking to get another dog for the family. There was a website to adopt last chance animals from kill shelters, and she came across a dog named Maggie. When she called to inquire about the dog, the receptionist thought she had said Mcgee (My dog's name prior to adoption).

It wasn't until we went to meet the adoption coordinator that we discovered we were adopting a black half lab/half boxer, instead of a tiny border collie.

The first day we got him, he was like bottled lighting. He would run back and forth at maximum speed in the backyard, bark non stop, and nip at your hands and feet. He had endured an 8 hour drive from Ohio to Toronto, and had spent the last 6 months of his life in a shelter cage. He made the most of his first day of freedom.

Once he settled in, you couldn't ask for a sweeter dog. He lives for only two things, attention from people, and food. I'm the only one of my siblings still living at home, and he spends his nights sleeping at the foot of my bed.

I love him like a child/brother, and I couldn't imagine my life without him.

Amazing that he wasn't even the dog you were envisioning at first, and now you are inseparable. That's awesome

My Buddy is named Ben. He turns 3 in December. He is a black lab golden retriever mix. We got him when we bought our house and had a yard. Here is a picture of me and him on the beach.

320297_4293599142450_950908739_n.jpg

Cool. Does he like to swim in the ocean?
When I take Boo down to the lake, I practically have to drag him out of the water when it's time to go!!

Back