Lets talk about your dog

My other dog Molly passed away in January, had a seizure on a Friday passed away Saturday night literally never had a health problem her entire life. Shittest thing I've ever had to deal with, but luckily my other dog, Max, 11 years old, Lab/Collie cross got me through it no problem. Wouldn't trade this little turd for the world.

8249863061_4abdf9f76e_z.jpg

My other dog Molly passed away in January, had a seizure on a Friday passed away Saturday night literally never had a health problem her entire life. Shittest thing I've ever had to deal with, but luckily my other dog, Max, 11 years old, Lab/Collie cross got me through it no problem. Wouldn't trade this little turd for the world.

8249863061_4abdf9f76e_z.jpg

That's rough, man. My condolences. Glad you had Max to get you through. Dogs will always stick by you through think & thin!

Yellow nosed and yellow eyed pit bull named Rocco. He was a gift from a friend who has since passed away and is a loyal companion to my family.

VlYyW8r.jpg

My dog in one of his favorite spots in the house.

My other dog Molly passed away in January, had a seizure on a Friday passed away Saturday night literally never had a health problem her entire life.
My dappled dog is called Molly. I dunno why, but I prefer human names to dog names.

Molly.jpg

George is the black one. George had a chewing problem until we got Molly, now he's super mellow. They both eat vegetables, and are quite handy to have around while preparing salads and stuff.

Molly has the habit of standing up like she's a little person all the time. One time she stood for nearly a minute.

Yellow nosed and yellow eyed pit bull named Rocco. He was a gift from a friend who has since passed away and is a loyal companion to my family.

Very sentimental companion you have there. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Lost my old girl a while ago... But...

Name: Lola
Type: Corgi
Found: At rescue shelter... by way of a raided puppy mill :mad:
Funny Stories: Absolutely refused to play fetch... If you threw something, she'd get it, turn around... decide she wanted to keep it and then take off into another room. lol.

Very nice.
With the timid one, do more confidence-building exercises (like playing tug and letting him win, etc.) Unless he is being aggressive, hold off on the desire to establish the alpha role with him.
Spend some time just sitting on the floor and letting him come up to you instead of you going to him.
Good luck. If you need any advice/help down that road, just let me know. I enjoy helping people enjoy their pets!

Thanks for the tips. He is not aggressive at all (other than him barking at me when I open the backdoor to let him in or whatever, but he cowers when I got near him). I have been calling him, he gets scared and then I'll kneel or sit to get him to come to me (sometimes). My wife bought some video training guides that her parents have had a lot of success with and I am going to sit down and watch them this coming weekend if all things go according to plan.

My dappled dog is called Molly. I dunno why, but I prefer human names to dog names.

Molly.jpg

George is the black one. George had a chewing problem until we got Molly, now he's super mellow. They both eat vegetables, and are quite handy to have around while preparing salads and stuff.

Molly has the habit of standing up like she's a little person all the time. One time she stood for nearly a minute.

:) Some good friends of mine have a black & tan doxie named Shooter. That dog cracks me up every time I go visit them.

Thanks for the tips. He is not aggressive at all (other than him barking at me when I open the backdoor to let him in or whatever, but he cowers when I got near him). I have been calling him, he gets scared and then I'll kneel or sit to get him to come to me (sometimes). My wife bought some video training guides that her parents have had a lot of success with and I am going to sit down and watch them this coming weekend if all things go according to plan.

No problem at all. Sounds like you are doing it right! Just give him some time, and I am sure he will come around.

Mine/ours only one missing is the beagle we inherated because the daughter couldn't handle him and was suppose to be tempory.

We also work for a Golden rescue.

Abby the yellow lab

Sydney and Natalie the Goldens.

untitled.jpg

snow02.jpg

snow03.jpg

snow01.jpg

snow04.jpg

My sisters dog had a chewing problem until it chewed into a live lamp cord. Learned its lesson and never chewed again.

Mine/ours only one missing is the beagle we inherated because the daughter couldn't handle him and was suppose to be tempory.

We also work for a Golden rescue.

Abby the yellow lab

Sydney and Natalie the Goldens.

untitled.jpg

snow02.jpg

snow03.jpg

snow01.jpg

snow04.jpg

They look like they are loving life!

Lost my old girl a while ago... But...

Name: Lola
Type: Corgi
Found: At rescue shelter... by way of a raided puppy mill :mad:
Funny Stories: Absolutely refused to play fetch... If you threw something, she'd get it, turn around... decide she wanted to keep it and then take off into another room. lol.

HAHA! Nice!
Glad you were able to rescue her!
Puppy mills make my blood boil too. Someone once asked me "Why don't you become an animal control officer?" To which I replied, "Because I would get fired (& most likely end up in jail) the first day I ran into someone directly responsible for an animals suffering"
I don't take kindly to that shit.

Back