Lets talk about your dog

FistsofScotland

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What's his/her name?
breed? age?
where did you find your best friend?
funny stories?

Here is my 3yr old Cane Corso, "Boo". I have had him since he was 10 weeks old.
He came from a Corso breeder in Ohio. He absolutely adores my two sons, and HAS to say goodnight to them every night when we tuck them in. He's also a cat-lover.

And before you start going all "shelter dogs need homes too", "Adopt before you shop", "purebred breeders suck", etc., etc., etc., just know I AGREE with you. For the most part, there are way too many unscrupulous breeders out there, and there are a ton of GREAT dogs in shelters too.
However, my particular situation is a little different. I train personal protection dogs for a living, and we specialize in Cane Corsos (PM me if you would like our website). The dogs that we sell do not come cheap. So, we cannot sell mixed breed dogs to our clients. (although I'm sure there are several that could do the work just fine)
My dog came from the breeder that we have been doing business with for going on 20yrs.
So, that being said, I would love to here about all your dogs!

Here's a couple of Boo...

IMG_1161_zpsd8d2463a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1147_zps8fc8514e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
BOO2011_zpsaa6f314e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Her name is Winnie, she'll be five in August. She's a beagle-border collie mix and was born on a farm in Nova Scotia. She was part of a package deal with my fianc

BTW I'm enjoying the Masonic pruning shears in the background. Shhhh the secret is safe with me.

I'm thinking of adopting this girl:
103614745.jpg

She's a 4 year old Shepard. Named Topaz. I'm going to check out the shelter and see what's going on.

his name? J.R.
breed? Jack Russell Terrier
where? bought him off a farm

he's actually my moms dog and is a pretty mean s.o.b. he is really fearful of my dad and loves my mom. he likes to bite people, and sleeping is his favorite hobby.

funny story?
in middle school i had to do a project on molecules and atoms and stuff so i made a poster board and used different colored fruit loops as the different molecules. when i wake up for school the next day, my poster board had been eaten! haha, he hopped up on the table and ate all the fruit loops. well, i got an F on the project and my mom had to come in and tell the teacher that "my dog ate my homework".

Had to put my dog down about a month ago. 12 years old, Rot, Norwegian Elkhound mix

In the market for a new one. Im thinking about a puppy, never had a dog growing up and having a puppy is always something I have wanted. Still mulling it over on breed.

wire-haired dachshund mix
adopted from a shelter who found him in an abandoned house. don't know why he was left behind, he came perfectly house trained and is mild mannered.
DDuWxbm.jpg

I'm thinking of adopting this girl:
103614745.jpg

She's a 4 year old Shepard. I'm going to check out the shelter and see what's going on.

She's cute. I wonder if she's mixed with some sort of terrier? Try to find out as much as possible about her background as you can. Just based on the picture, it looks like she has a very outgoing personality!

She looks like a sweetheart. Thanks for sharing
She really is. Did I mention that she's the best part of the package deal?

Her only real fault is that she will eat anything. She's been close to death twice because of it. I've been trying to explain to her that there's no such thing as a free lunch. Not in this town.

Had to put my dog down about a month ago. 12 years old, Rot, Norwegian Elkhound mix

In the market for a new one. Im thinking about a puppy, never had a dog growing up and having a puppy is always something I have wanted. Still mulling it over on breed.
You should look at rescue websites.

You should look at rescue websites.

My wife and I have been for the last 3 weeks, we want to adopt as our last dog we rescued as well. Just kind of waiting for one we really want instead of jumping in there just to have one.

20120611174216so9ub3il80.jpg

My one eyed Golden Retriever. He is 13 and came with my Girlfriend.

Adopted a dog about 9 months ago. Wired Terrier/Schnauzer or some kind of mix. Love her to death. Sweetest dog in the world.

She really is. Did I mention that she's the best part of the package deal?

Her only real fault is that she will eat anything. She's been close to death twice because of it. I've been trying to explain to her that there's no such thing as a free lunch. Not in this town.

sweet face. Yeah, that is something about almost all dogs...have to explore the world through the mouth! glad she's alright now.

Back