Opinion Let's take a moment and remember the events of 9-11 - what were you doing when it happened?

Was in Jr college martial arts class. Kids were coming in and one said a building was hit by a plane in NYC. Thought it was a small plane lost in the fog. Later found out it was a massive attack, and they sent us home. Didn't even realize the pentagon was hit, which is on the other side if the river from me.
Much later I found out that my 7th grade teacher died in the pentagon. He was a great teacher and a great guy.

I was a senior in High School. A month away from turning 18. All we did all day was watch the news. When i got home my dad made me register for the draft lol. Not the most loving father.....

Fucking lol

I was working on the maintenance crew of my local sewer authority the summer after my senior year of high school before entering college.

It was my last week before I started college.

We were all sitting in the maintenance room pouring over old Hustlers and Penthouses that constituted the "Sewer Plant Library" when the breaking news was announced and the video of the second plane incoming was rolling.

Here's news footage of the morning of 9/11, spliced together so you can re-live it "in real time":

I was actually watching the news as it broke. I was glued to the TV all day after that. I remember when the first building collapsed, the channel I was watching had no contemporaneous commentary. The building just fell, and the feed was silent.

What were you guys doing when building 7 collapsed btw?

Here's news footage of the morning of 9/11, spliced together so you can re-live it "in real time":

I was actually watching the news as it broke. I was glued to the TV all day after that. I remember when the first building collapsed, the channel I was watching had no contemporaneous commentary. The building just fell, and the feed was silent.

See 102 minutes that changed the world on History Channel tonight......It's all handheld footage, and they edit it amazingly....It feels like a First Person movie.

I was off work and sleeping in late, then my mother calls and tells me a plane crashed into one of the towers by accident, I asked myself what kind of dumbass flies into a building that tall by accident, who trains these damn pilots?. I turn on CNN and 5 minutes later the other plane crashes into the other tower, I then realize the planes were crashing into the towers on purpose.

I was in boarding school in Pennsylvania and we just had a field trip to New York not long before it happened.

Back then I was too young to comprehend the implication of it though.

I was a senior in High School. A month away from turning 18. All we did all day was watch the news. When i got home my dad made me register for the draft lol. Not the most loving father.....

Draft? What country you from?

This thread shouldn't be here in the first place. Millions of people have died throughout history and yet we only remember 9/11. Even in school we used to stand up in silence for a minute on 9/11 and it wasn't america, but we never did the same for other similar or worse events.

Over 1 million iraqis (with the latest estimate putting the death toll at 2.4 million) died because of that heinous war criminal Bush and his neocon clique, I wonder what's the day to remember those? While 9/11 was obviously a big tragedy and around 3000 people lost their lives America has been causing far worse around the world. Even the US-backed 9/11 coup in Chile caused more deaths.

Last edited:
That f@%king bitch should be tossed out on her ass for just that alone. Wtf were the people who voted her in thinking. Or is that testament to the demographic there.

She was voted into a district that is over 60% white, or as you guys like to say, Little Somalia.

Maybe calibrate your rage towards the Wahhabists, and out President who seems intent to lube up his ass for them even more than previous administrations.

I was sleeping in my bunk deployed in Japan at something like 2am

Watched on a small television at work as they reported the second plane was hitting WTC they were showing the First Plane video. Went outside and all the contrails from the planes were in figure eights. Those planes being grounded made it apparent the scale of this was much broader than anyone could imagine at that time. Pretty much took it at that point as a declaration of War.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back