Opinion Let's take a moment and remember the events of 9-11 - what were you doing when it happened?

Raknesh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where were you and what were you doing?

I was in Mumbai feeling rather sick from possible food poisoning earlier in the day. It was late in the evening and I was sweeping my Uncle's TV shop. He had many TVs and he liked to have them all on at once. Soon, the attack was on every television. The fact that there were so many TVs on the same channel as it happened made it very surreal.

9-11neverforget.jpg

I was in Mumbai feeling rather sick from possible food poisoning earlier in the day. It was late in the evening and I was sweeping my Uncle's TV shop. He had many TVs and he liked to have them all on at once. Soon, the attack was on every television. The fact that there were so many TVs on the same channel as it happened made it very surreal.

9-11neverforget.jpg
That f@%king bitch should be tossed out on her ass for just that alone. Wtf were the people who voted her in thinking. Or is that testament to the demographic there.

That f@%king bitch should be tossed out on her ass for just that alone. Wtf were the people who voted her in thinking. Or is that testament to the demographic there.

She is most certainly a practitioner of Taqiyya.

Was making up a spelling test in the library in 6th grade. Don't remember why I needed that. Maybe sick day before or something.

I remember a different teacher coming in with her class to the TV in the library and saying "Everyone needs to see this" and turned it on and that's when I saw it. I still had to finish the spelling test too while watching that news and trying to process it. Dad picked me up from school and we waited in line for an hour to get gas.

9-11neverforget.jpg

what is the context of this quote?

what did she mean when she said this?

I wrote about it here:

Probably not:

http://theconversation.com/flashbulb-memories-of-dramatic-events-arent-as-accurate-as-believed-64838

I remember (maybe not accurately, see above) seeing everything unfold on live TV. It was already afternoon in Germany, so I was already home from school and checking the video text (not sure if that ever was a thing in the US) and read "New York: Towers in flames". I switched channels and suddenly it was everywhere. I had switched on maybe ten minutes after the second plane.

Burned into my mind is the collapse of the first tower. I immediately realized what had happened, but the German commentator did not. I switched to CNN and they were like omg it's gone! and back to the German commentator who still was not aware.

9/11 triggered my choice for political science as a field for my studies. I can understand Americans who joined the Army subsequently.

It's rare that you watch TV and immediately realize the magnitude of what is happening. This was such a case.

I was on the WTC in 1999. I also was at JFK the same day the EgyptAir pilot decided to crash his plane.

I was hung over from drinking and partying the night before, living in Washington DC. I could see the smoke plume coming up from the Pentagon from the rooftop of my apartment building.

It changed my career path and life forever.

9/11 is the only day in the history of the universe where people were killed by other people.

In my apartment getting ready for classes at grad school. No one really understood what was happening. They closed the campus after my first class. Such a weird day. In the days that followed random people would just hug each other.

9/11 is the only day in the history of the universe where people were killed by other people.
If the significance of 9/11 is lost on you perhaps this thread isn’t for you...

In my room getting dressed for school.

A subtle thread, breh.
Think of it this way, somebody opens fire in a gay bar and trump says “ some guy did some things “.... and go

what is the context of this quote?

what did she mean when she said this?

Speaking at a CAIR fundraiser: “Far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it,” Omar said at the event. “CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

When, in fact, on that day 19 Muslim terrorists, members of Al Qaeda, killed over 3,000 people and caused billions of dollars of economic damage.

She is so quick to play identity politics, point out race, religious affiliation and vilify until it's those she wishes to harbor, defend and promote.

At least she didn't lie about being at Ground Zero

In my room getting dressed for school.

A subtle thread, breh.

hiya NoDak,

the TS was probably doing cartwheels when the towers went down. he obviously has no problemo using the deaths of thousands of Americans for some laughs.

a patriot, no doubt.

- IGIT

I woke up and turned the news on saw the smoke coming from the north tower. Stayed glued to the tv when they were talking about what they thought was an accident the other plane came onto the screen and only when it struck did the news take note of it. It was at that moment I knew the world just got real for many many people. Probably watched the news solid for weeks or so after.

To all those who died or injured or effected now either by illness or loss I say we remember..

Back