Opinion Let's take a moment and remember the events of 9-11 - what were you doing when it happened?

Watching my thermite stocks increase for a short time.

I was 19 and wake and baking in the garage with the phone ringing off the hook. I got annoyed and went in the house to see who was blowing me up just in time to see the second plane hit. It was my mom calling to tell me to turn on the news something crazy is going on.

I watched it on tv all day just sick to my stomach thinking this is a pearl harbor moment and the nation is about to be at war.

Was a really depressing day

I was 11. My mom came to pick me up from school along with my sister, she explained something horrible had happened and we went home to watch it on the news.

Getting ready for work. I didnt think terrorist attack when my girl let me know an airplane hit a building. ( Left for work before 2nd plane hit.) Got to work at a call center for MCI (old people remember) was closed. Went home without realizing the severity of it.

i was on deployment with the 15th MEU. we just finished training in darwin and it was our first night out on the town. next thing you know, we were called back to get on the ship. nobody told us why, but all the officers and senior enlisted were getting everyone back on the ship. i was watching the news and saw images of the first plane crash, then the second. we were all wondering wtf happened.... then we saw the towers collapsed....

two days later we were up in the north arabian see, then went to pakistan and afghanistan

I'm pretty sure I've said this on every anniversary, but whatever. Let's do it again...

I was working at a greenhouse cutting some sunflowers, when my boss came out and said some idiot had crashed into the WTC. Didn't think much of it. Then I went for my break, and listened to Howard Stern bring the whole thing down to Earth for me. Guy was freaking out, as I believe the second tower had been hit. Listened to him for a bit, and then just went back to work. The magnitude of it all never really hit me until I got home, and started watching the news with all the footage. I even teared up a bit watching it, because the gravity of it all just hit me in a way that word of mouth couldn't.

Dark day.

A buddy and I had gone to Best Buy right as they opened up. We wanted to grab the new Slayer album before we got too wrapped up with college/work etc.

So just after we grab the cd we walk by the rows of TVs on display. For some fucking reason they were all on the goddamn Today Show. We saw the 2nd plane hit on live tv.

I will never forget looking down at the Slayer disc in my hand, “God Hates Us All”, then looking back at the tv and then back at the cd in my hand.

Fucking “God Hates Us All” was released on September 11, 2001... the universe can be strange some times.

9/11 is the only day in the history of the universe where people were killed by other people.

tenor.gif

Man, I've waited so long for 9/11 to turn 18.

Fuck 9/11!

Feels so good to finally be able to say that.

She was voted into a district that is over 60% white, or as you guys like to say, Little Somalia.

Maybe calibrate your rage towards the Wahhabists, and out President who seems intent to lube up his ass for them even more than previous administrations.
Know this for a fact or are you just pissing into the wind

I was 22. Had to work at the gym that day. Watched it all unfold, and went to work with an AR in my trunk not knowing what was going to happen next.

just finishing a morning class at VMI when classes were cancelled. Cadets were all talking about what was going on as i walked to the canteen to see what was up.

Was a new airman just out of tech school. Was reading the news and slacking/doing reports or something. Saw that a plane had hit the first tower, didn't think too much of it. Then the second plane hit, and then came the realization that hit every single person in America at the same time. Then I realized we were about to get very, very busy for a while (I was in the munitions squadron responsible for shipping practically every bomb and guidance kit for the first months of the war). I didn't really feel much, didn't lose anybody I knew so it was more of just a fact. No rush of patriotism really. Just got to work.

Must we do this every year?

Probably as long as we got new posters around to ask the question. It was a watershed moment for our nation and I think a lot of people still recall the day like it was yesterday. I would say a lot of people probably remember that day more clearly than last wednesday and its hard not to recall when you see the date on the calendar

Know this for a fact or are you just pissing into the wind

Look up her district's demographics. It's 67% white. People keep saying "Who voted for her?!" and all this "Yeah yeah, Little Somalia, lol!!" shit without an inkling of the actual information at hand.

I presented a wiki page to a hard rightie here a few months ago. He misread and thought the numbers were from 2013 (as if we'd see a massive demo shift within 6 years), despite them being from 2016, and they still went on and on, acting like the district went to 67% Somalian by the time she ran for office.

Back