Lets post some of our favorite fights because Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Seano, Mar 17, 2020.

1. VodkaDrunkenski White Belt

Not many people have been able to do that to big George. Great fight, and props to George for finding the win

2. NortheastPhilly Orange Belt

Tommy hearns was god damn nightmare to fight.

Someone that tall and skilled shouldn't hit that hard

3. Hook2daliver Yellow Belt

4. loller90278 Purple Belt

5. MyFavSport Purple Belt

I love visiting some lesser known fights in this thread
    I'm sure you've all seen this fight many times. Mannys skills wwrent as great in this and it's amazing how he was considered a small 130lbs. I had this fight 7-5 Morales but it was very hard fought and one of my favorite Pacquiao fights despite the L. Manny sure bulked up and improved his skills after this.

6. NortheastPhilly Orange Belt

Imagine the timeline we'd live in if Wlad knocked Joshua out

7. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

Morales vs Manny is one of my all time favorites. I just watched JMM vs Pac 1 (not sure if it was posted). I thought JMM should have won, despite the first round. A few rounds after were iffy, but he took control.

8. CatchnShoot Black Leather Belt

Watching Mike Alvarado vs Brandon Rios II now. I dont know what they got paid, but it wasn’t enough.

9. Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Benitez's win over Maurice Hope is one of his underrated successes. Beating Hope he got himself a title in a 3rd weight class. Hope was a strong 154 lbs southpaw, with reach, pop and a good jab, with a KO win over Vito Antuofermo. Radar broke him down with style and the finish was quite stunning. He switched stances successfully, lured his man into trading inside with his back to the ropes, worked the body like a buzzsaw, scored with the lead right, walked Hope into it, always kept feinting and moving his feet...

That's one hell of a technical showcase.

10. Shael Silver Belt

Watching Morales x Barrera 1 for cinco de mayo

11. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

I have seen this fight but still can’t remember him getting knocked down? Reckon I was taking a leak or really stoned!

12. Mr2urbo Black Belt

Shame on us if this fight hasn’t been mentioned, a 100% Collazo was a problematic guy for anyone

13. defjaam Member of the Dmitry Pirog movement

I enjoyed some James Toney today... Such a high level operator, I don't think I ever saw someone box so fluid and out of his skin:

IMO this Toney here beats Spinks, Holyfield and Qawi at cruiserweight. Haye and Usyk too.

His inside work was just too good.

14. Heath Robinson journeyman poster

This is a favorite of mine. Not because it is a fine exhibition of the sweet science but because it is one heck of a brawl.

15. Athenry04 Red Belt

Alwyas felt he was unlucky in the Hatton fight.

16. Stormtrooper85 Black Belt

I've never been able to figure out which James Toney I liked more.
    Middleweight/Super Middleweight or Cruiserweight/Heavyweight Toney but I always loved watching him fight

17. Hypetrainhipsta Blue Belt

CW/HW Toney is just so fun to watch, that amount of skills against bigger opponents, his fight against Holyfield is just a masterclass. Nobody outclassed Evander like that, even if he was past his prime he still won a belt afterwards and got robbed against Valuev.

I rewatched some Huck fights, the guy was always fun to watch, a cruder version of Froch.
    Huck vs. Afolabi II and III are really fun to watch:

Huck deserves respect, he faced everyone at CW, gave Povetkin hell when he moved up to HW and gave both Arslan and Afolabi rematches after controversial fights, he never had a rematch with Lebedev, but that's the only point that you can bring up against him.

18. DaveDave Blue Belt

^ I get your point mate—Huck was a brave, strong man—but FFS he had the hands-down ugliest style I've ever seen in a ring. I found him almost completely unwatchable. Even when he was getting beaten up he made the other dude look terrible.

I understand that this is probably entirely due to my aesthetic blinkers; I remember his fight with Povetkin as nearly unwatchable—they missed simultaneous uppercuts at one point close-in in a corner, both tried to fall in for a clinch but both missed each other with the clinch & sort of stumbled past each other & nearly fell out of the ring—but everyone seemed to agree it was some sort of classic war. I think I'd rather eat my own shit than watch it again.

Povetkin, BTW, was either off the gear that night (he gassed after like a round & a half) or suffering what I like to think of as "Smol Heavyweight Syndrome" when a dude used to fighting bigger guys at heavy gets given a smaller, faster target & doesn't know WTF to do with them (see also: Holyfield vs Czyz).

19. Seano Hands of bone

I actually never agreed Collazo did so well in that fight. I thought Hatton was always getting off first and landing last in exchanges, he was the aggressor for the whole fight and scored an early KD.

20. Athenry04 Red Belt

I'll have to watch again, but remember thinking Ricky had nothing left at the end and was hanging on.