Lets post some of our favorite fights because Coronavirus

I love visiting some lesser known fights in this thread
I'm sure you've all seen this fight many times. Mannys skills wwrent as great in this and it's amazing how he was considered a small 130lbs. I had this fight 7-5 Morales but it was very hard fought and one of my favorite Pacquiao fights despite the L. Manny sure bulked up and improved his skills after this.

I love visiting some lesser known fights in this thread
I'm sure you've all seen this fight many times. Mannys skills wwrent as great in this and it's amazing how he was considered a small 130lbs. I had this fight 7-5 Morales but it was very hard fought and one of my favorite Pacquiao fights despite the L. Manny sure bulked up and improved his skills after this.

Morales vs Manny is one of my all time favorites. I just watched JMM vs Pac 1 (not sure if it was posted). I thought JMM should have won, despite the first round. A few rounds after were iffy, but he took control.

Watching Mike Alvarado vs Brandon Rios II now. I dont know what they got paid, but it wasn’t enough.

Benitez's win over Maurice Hope is one of his underrated successes. Beating Hope he got himself a title in a 3rd weight class. Hope was a strong 154 lbs southpaw, with reach, pop and a good jab, with a KO win over Vito Antuofermo. Radar broke him down with style and the finish was quite stunning. He switched stances successfully, lured his man into trading inside with his back to the ropes, worked the body like a buzzsaw, scored with the lead right, walked Hope into it, always kept feinting and moving his feet...

That's one hell of a technical showcase.

Watching Morales x Barrera 1 for cinco de mayo

great watch! i never watched this fight and never realized frotch was knocked down!

I have seen this fight but still can’t remember him getting knocked down? Reckon I was taking a leak or really stoned!

Shame on us if this fight hasn’t been mentioned, a 100% Collazo was a problematic guy for anyone

I enjoyed some James Toney today... Such a high level operator, I don't think I ever saw someone box so fluid and out of his skin:

IMO this Toney here beats Spinks, Holyfield and Qawi at cruiserweight. Haye and Usyk too.

His inside work was just too good.

This is a favorite of mine. Not because it is a fine exhibition of the sweet science but because it is one heck of a brawl.

I enjoyed some James Toney today... Such a high level operator, I don't think I ever saw someone box so fluid and out of his skin:

IMO this Toney here beats Spinks, Holyfield and Qawi at cruiserweight. Haye and Usyk too.

His inside work was just too good.

I've never been able to figure out which James Toney I liked more.
Middleweight/Super Middleweight or Cruiserweight/Heavyweight Toney but I always loved watching him fight

I've never been able to figure out which James Toney I liked more.
Middleweight/Super Middleweight or Cruiserweight/Heavyweight Toney but I always loved watching him fight
CW/HW Toney is just so fun to watch, that amount of skills against bigger opponents, his fight against Holyfield is just a masterclass. Nobody outclassed Evander like that, even if he was past his prime he still won a belt afterwards and got robbed against Valuev.

I rewatched some Huck fights, the guy was always fun to watch, a cruder version of Froch.
Huck vs. Afolabi II and III are really fun to watch:

Huck deserves respect, he faced everyone at CW, gave Povetkin hell when he moved up to HW and gave both Arslan and Afolabi rematches after controversial fights, he never had a rematch with Lebedev, but that's the only point that you can bring up against him.

^ I get your point mate—Huck was a brave, strong man—but FFS he had the hands-down ugliest style I've ever seen in a ring. I found him almost completely unwatchable. Even when he was getting beaten up he made the other dude look terrible.

I understand that this is probably entirely due to my aesthetic blinkers; I remember his fight with Povetkin as nearly unwatchable—they missed simultaneous uppercuts at one point close-in in a corner, both tried to fall in for a clinch but both missed each other with the clinch & sort of stumbled past each other & nearly fell out of the ring—but everyone seemed to agree it was some sort of classic war. I think I'd rather eat my own shit than watch it again.

Povetkin, BTW, was either off the gear that night (he gassed after like a round & a half) or suffering what I like to think of as "Smol Heavyweight Syndrome" when a dude used to fighting bigger guys at heavy gets given a smaller, faster target & doesn't know WTF to do with them (see also: Holyfield vs Czyz).

Alwyas felt he was unlucky in the Hatton fight.
I actually never agreed Collazo did so well in that fight. I thought Hatton was always getting off first and landing last in exchanges, he was the aggressor for the whole fight and scored an early KD.

I actually never agreed Collazo did so well in that fight. I thought Hatton was always getting off first and landing last in exchanges, he was the aggressor for the whole fight and scored an early KD.

I'll have to watch again, but remember thinking Ricky had nothing left at the end and was hanging on.

Back