Let's not declare Cain unbeatable quite yet

Anyone can be beaten. There are too many ways to lose in MMA and at HW most everyone has a punchers chance in any given fight.

JDS - cain 3 will come down to who lands the big shot first. the 1st two fights went that way (JDS was done after the big shot in the 1st) and the rubber match will go the same.

jds has the quintessential puncher's chance and then some. he still has some of the best boxing in the division and cain's chin is suspect. half the forum is overreacting as usual.

I'm somewhat of a fan of his and predicted that he would beat JDS but let's not make the same mistake as we did with CAIN

fixed

Dos-Santos-def-Velasquez.gif

We know that he lost to JDS in first round

All Sonnen was able to do was lose.

Twice.

No, he actually managed to dominate and win rounds against Anderson, which very few fighters do. Props to Anderson for beating him twice but let's not pretend it was easy for him and ignore Chael's great performance in the first fight.

Even the very very best of the best lose. GSP, Spider Silva, Cain, Fedor. No man is unbeatable.

Cain has some tough fights ahead of him. That being said I don't see him losing for a long time. He beats JDS, Barnett, Carwin, Overeem, etc..

How about Jones? His "loss" is utter BS and i don't see anyone at LHW beating him.

Jones certainly looks like he is going to be a tough nut to crack for a loong time. I would agree that his loss is B.S., he crushed Hamill's spirit in that fight. I think he's the first real young freak athlete to start from a young age to ply his trade. Brock was another and he accomplished a fair bit in a short career.
But I do not retract my statment. No man is unbeatable.

Edit: I'm also of the opinion that Jones' career will look like Overeems (without the multitude of KO's against him) In a couple of years Jones won't have a hope of making it to lhw. Horse meat or not.

Cain has some tough fights ahead of him. That being said I don't see him losing for a long time. He beats JDS, Barnett, Carwin, Overeem, etc..

agree on barnett and carwin but feel jds can win a rematch just as easily as lose one and overeem could beat both men and it wouldnt be any big upset

If you don't cut off Cain's head in the first 2 or 3 minutes, he's going to break your body and drink your soul.

Probably the best overall HW on the roster. That being said, he'll be lucky to get the record 3 defenses in a row. Guys just hit too hard, and he's just too apr to get hit. I hope Werdum gets the strap, but my bets would go on either AO or Mark Hunt (I know, fat chance, but he beats Struve and he's one solid win away from a title shot.) Either way, the top 10 HW picture is as solid as can be. With Cormier coming in, shit gets a lot more interesting.

Who the hell thinks this? Unbeatable? I guess you missed the fact that this was Cain v. JDS 2, right? Meaning, Cain has already lost, and will lose again. It rarely happens where you have someone unbeatable, rare.

Back