Let's not declare Cain unbeatable quite yet

Just a username

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm somewhat of a fan of his and predicted that he would beat JDS but let's not make the same mistake as we did with JDS, so we have retards telling us how overrated he was when he loses again. Now i know this is Sherdog, where the reigning champ more than often is regarded as unbeatable, but this is HW we're talking about, one punch is all it takes sometimes. Even Fedor, who was undefeated for 10 years, came pretty close to losing when he got rocked by Fujita and headslammed by Randleman.

While i would favor Cain over any other fighter on the planet it's pretty clear that there are some tough fights ahead for him. JDS knocked him out once and can certainly do it again, Overeem presents another tough challenge, as does Werdum and Jones is bound to fight at HW in the near future. Cain could pass that murderer's row, which imo would qualify him as the HW GOAT, but all of those guys could beat him and it wouldn't suprise me that much if they did.

I don't consider him unbeatable, but I do consider him to be ahead of everyone in the heavyweight division. Overeem, Cormier (I know, they will never fight), JDS, Werdum, and Barnett are all dangerous opponents that could beat Cain. One of them already has.

didnt read cain already lost/ is obviously beatable

Yeah, obviously, but a lot of people attribute that loss to his injury and layoff, while others disregarded it as a "fluke" punch by JDS (pretty retarded imo" which doesn't happen often.

Cain is a monster with great skill and room for improvement. I think he beats most but has tests in other heavyweights, as well as Silva and Jones.

Yeah, obviously, but a lot of people attribute that loss to his injury and layoff, while others disregarded it as a "fluke" punch by JDS (pretty retarded imo" which doesn't happen often.

it lasted barely over a minute i doubt injury played any factor

Cain is a monster with great skill and room for improvement. I think he beats most but has tests in other heavyweights, as well as Silva and Jones.

Silva, as in Anderson Silva? Lol no, if Sonnen was able to do what he did to him imagine what Cain would do him.

Silva, as in Anderson Silva? Lol no, if Sonnen was able to do what he did to him imagine what Cain would do him.

True, but I think Silva's hand speed could catch an incoming Cain much better than most. Also, Silva is durable and can submit from the ground. Cain is sloppy on the ground.

Just hit him behind the ear ... oh wait

are you new here?

JDS is overrated and Cain is god again, that's how we roll.

No one is unbeatable. No ONE. Eventually every single "best" fighter will lose.

He IS unbeatable until he loses. Just like JDS who now is the greatest fluke in the history of the sport to many in these forums.

True, but I think Silva's hand speed could catch an incoming Cain much better than most. Also, Silva is durable and can submit from the ground. Cain is sloppy on the ground.

But come on, Cain has relentless GnP and is much stronger, i don't see any other outcome than Anderson being on his back for max 2 rounds before getting pounded out. Silva is a MW, he shouldn't fight HW monsters like Cain.

But come on, Cain has relentless GnP and is much stronger, i don't see any other outcome than Anderson being on his back for max 2 rounds before getting pounded out. Silva is a MW, he shouldn't fight HW monsters like Cain.

cain vs anderson would look like anderson vs ryo chonan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back