Let's not declare Cain unbeatable quite yet

He got KO'd in 64 seconds, it's as legit as it can be. The rest is reaching.

Why do people always list 64 secs like that somehow makes the ko worse?

It doesn't mayer if it was Cain V or Fabricio Werdum or Overeem...and it doesn't matter if it was 64secs or 822 if you get hit by JDS right behind the ear youre going down.

He definitely won the first fight and may win the 3rd but for right now that 5 round domination more than makes up for the quick ko.

Because he wasn't a exactly dominated for 5 rounds, he lost by a quick flash KO and redeemed that loss in a vicious way.

It wasn't a flash KO. It was a well placed strike after defending TD attempts followed up with precise gnp to end the fight.

And Cain lost. Everyone saw it. Millions and millions of people watched it on Fox. Ask every single one of them if Cain LOST and they will tell you yes.

Cain got a chance to revenge that loss and he did in spectacular fashion.

I'll wait for JDS to get his turn to revenge his loss, why wouldn't any else?

How about we never ever declare anyone unbeatable ever?

It wasn't a flash KO. It was a well placed strike after defending TD attempts followed up with precise gnp to end the fight.

And Cain lost. Everyone saw it. Millions and millions of people watched it on Fox. Ask every single one of them if Cain LOST and they will tell you yes.

Cain got a chance to revenge that loss and he did in spectacular fashion.

I'll wait for JDS to get his turn to revenge his loss, why wouldn't any else?

What did that fight tell about how Cain matches up to JDS? Not much, right? I mean we didn't get to see Cain use his wrestling and JDS defended only one halfassed shot.

Sure, but that fight didn't really tell us much other than that JDS can KO anyone if he hits them in the temple, which most us already knew.
Doesn't matter, he lost. I tought we were discussing if Cain is beatable or not, he is, he already was.

Why do people always list 64 secs like that somehow makes the ko worse?

It doesn't mayer if it was Cain V or Fabricio Werdum or Overeem...and it doesn't matter if it was 64secs or 822 if you get hit by JDS right behind the ear youre going down.

He definitely won the first fight and may win the 3rd but for right now that 5 round domination more than makes up for the quick ko.

I dunno why people list it everytime, maybe because it happened.

Again, I think we are not discussing what Cain can do or what JDS can do or "what win has more weight" (to me this is simply retarded, as subjective as it can be), it's simple, both of them have legit losses by their weaknesses. So yeah, they can be beat again the same way.

No one is unbeatable, and certainly not Cain as he was already beaten. Who knows if Junior will catch him again with a similar punch or maybe an uppercut in a third bout? JDS can end the fight against anyone at any time - especially early in a fight. That said, the display of dominance Cain put on last Saturday suggests that he's certainly going to be one of the toughest to beat in the world. He's the baddest man on the planet right now, and rightfully so.

What did that fight tell about how Cain matches up to JDS? Not much, right? I mean we didn't get to see Cain use his wrestling and JDS defended only one halfassed shot.

But why didn't Cain get to use his wrestling? Why was he only able to muster a half assed TD attempt as you put it.

He's a pro. He trained. He knew JDS was a heavy hitter.

JDS is also a Pro. He trains kill shots all day long. Guys that are good with their hands know where all the buttons are. And JDS is good with his hands.

Why try to discredit these pros and pretend that they just get lucky?

Like I said, Cain defended his loss in a spectacular way. He had a whole year to train for it and to game plan for it and be ready for the rematch.

Now its JDS turn to prepare. To train. To get ready for a third fight.

Again, I think we are not discussing what Cain can do or what JDS can do, it's simple, both of them have legit losses by their weaknesses. So yeah, they can be beat again the same way.

Oh well I agree with that. It just annoys me when people go 'he got kod in 64 secs!'. Im like would it make a difference if it were 300 seconds? A good punch is a good punch and the results are the same no matter when itslands.

Ok /off topic rant

It's been a grand total of two fights since his last defeat.

Who the fuck consider him unbeatable??

But why didn't Cain get to use his wrestling? Why was he only able to muster a half assed TD attempt as you put it.

He's a pro. He trained. He knew JDS was a heavy hitter.

JDS is also a Pro. He trains kill shots all day long. Guys that are good with their hands know where all the buttons are. And JDS is good with his hands.

Why try to discredit these pros and pretend that they just get lucky?

Like I said, Cain defended his loss in a spectacular way. He had a whole year to train for it and to game plan for it and be ready for the rematch.

Now its JDS turn to prepare. To train. To get ready for a third fight.

I never said JDS got lucky, there's no such thing as a lucky punch, it's just that the 2nd fight better showed how they stack up against each other. JDS could always beat Cain by KO but Cain should be a pretty heavy favorite in the rubber match.

How is he unbeatable when he just got knocked out in 62 seconds just two fights ago?

I never said JDS got lucky, there's no such thing as a lucky punch, it's just that the 2nd fight better showed how they stack up against each other. JDS could always beat Cain by KO but Cain should be a pretty heavy favorite in the rubber match.

OK.

I'm just saying Cain got a whole year to train for his rematch, to gameplan, to get ready.

JDS will now have at least a year to see what went wrong, where he needs to improve and how he'll approach a third fight.

well i actually think j jones can't beat alot of hw but i honestly think he has a good chance vs cain i will get flack from this but imho

OK.

I'm just saying Cain got a whole year to train for his rematch, to gameplan, to get ready.

JDS will now have at least a year to see what went wrong, where he needs to improve and how he'll approach a third fight.

and didnt jds say he came in with no gameplan at all for the 2nd fight?

OK.

Sure. I don't think that JDS is chanceless at all in a 3rd fight, he needs to make some improvements though.

OK.

Lets be serious for second how difficult is it to train for JDS. Lets be honest he primarily punches so I am not sure you need a year to prepare for him.

Cormier himself said it would be harder to train for Jones then JDS because JDS isnt really a fighter who is a big puzzle.

I think JDS is a good fighter but Cain pretty much did what most people thought he would do, take away JDS's striking and he becomes a very beatable opponent.

I am not sure how JDS can change something without revamping his entire game. It wasnt only the wrestling that JDS had problems with, it was adjusting in fight when his main weapon was taken away, he had no other options.

JDS has a lot of work to do,

Last edited:
and didnt jds say he came in with no gameplan at all for the 2nd fight?

I really don't know what JDS said. I wouldn't believe anything unless it came from JDS mouth though. He's the type to tell the truth, no excuses.

He sure looked like a deer caught in the headlights though, he looked clueless. Like cain did in the first fight.

Now he has at least a year to reflect and learn and adapt.

Just like Cain did.

Back