Let's not declare Cain unbeatable quite yet

I, Natman2939---King of all men---do hereby declare that Cain Velasquez is henceforth, invincible. If anyone objects to this, say so now. What's that? TS objects? Well then.... I guess The Reem will just have to knock Cain out.

Lets be serious for second how difficult is it to train for JDS. Lets be honest he primarily punches so I am not sure you need a year to prepare for him.

Cormier himself said it would be easier to train for Jones then JDS because JDS isnt really a fighter who is a big puzzle.

I think JDS is a good fighter but Cain pretty much did what most people thought he would do, take away JDS's striking and he becomes a very beatable opponent.

I am not sure how JDS can change something without revamping his entire game. It wasnt really the wrestling that JDS had problems with, it was adjusting in fight when his main weapon was taken away, he had no other options.

Given JDS record, his win/loss percentage, I'd say it's easier to say than it is to actually do. Was Cain the first to think all JDS has is a lucky punch? JDS fought a murderers row of seasoned pros before he rematched Cain

True, but I think Silva's hand speed could catch an incoming Cain much better than most. Also, Silva is durable and can submit from the ground. Cain is sloppy on the ground.

What a joke...so you think AS can beat Cigano then cause he is faster?? LOL, and you think that AS is gonna call out Cain?? the guy ducks people like Weidman, call out smaller fighters and ducks Bones cause he's his "friend" and also cause he's bigger and you are talking about him calling out Cain??LOL what a waste of time. Look at me responding your retarded shit wasting my time. Jesus.

What a joke...so you think AS can beat Cigano then cause he is faster?? LOL, and you think that AS is gonna call out Cain?? the guy ducks people like Weidman, call out smaller fighters and ducks Bones cause he's his "friend" and also cause he's bigger and you are talking about him calling out Cain??LOL what a waste of time. Look at me responding your retarded shit wasting my time. Jesus.

re tard

Silva, as in Anderson Silva? Lol no, if Sonnen was able to do what he did to him imagine what Cain would do him.

When silva was injured? Or is Cain injury the only one you count? I agree Cain would win but let's not forget he was injured.

When silva was injured? Or is Cain injury the only one you count? I agree Cain would win but let's not forget he was injured.

He wasn't injured in the 2nd fight and Sonnen managed to dominate him in the first round.

I, Natman2939---King of all men---do hereby declare that Cain Velasquez is henceforth, invincible. If anyone objects to this, say so now. What's that? TS objects? Well then.... I guess The Reem will just have to knock Cain out.

Well you're entlitled to your opinion, Cain might retire without another loss in his record, but his he has tough competition up ahead.

Silva, as in Anderson Silva? Lol no, if Sonnen was able to do what he did to him imagine what Cain would do him.

I dunno man, Cain and JDS tagged Cain a bunch of times. With Silvas percision I don't think its far fetched to think Silva would ko him.

With that said Cain has the ability to put a hurtin on Silva.

I never said JDS got lucky, there's no such thing as a lucky punch, it's just that the 2nd fight better showed how they stack up against each other. JDS could always beat Cain by KO but Cain should be a pretty heavy favorite in the rubber match.

JDS does definately have the disadvanatge that its harder to see how he changes gameplan but equally its only one match.

The question mark for me would be how much of JDS performance was down to technical weaknesses and how much was mental. For all the record he's been able to build up I'd argue this is really the first time in the UFC he's been under serious pressure.

You guys have to remember that Cain has to beat JDS for five rounds, JDS only has to land once.

Niether one has the others number imo.

Cain is going to be in for a hell of a fight if he has to fight JDS again.

Yeah, obviously, but a lot of people attribute that loss to his injury and layoff, while others disregarded it as a "fluke" punch by JDS (pretty retarded imo" which doesn't happen often.

I really give little credit to injury performances. If you are not healthy enough to fight then you should not fight. Secondly, there are no such things as, "lucky" punches, "fluke" punches or anything like that. If there were then all such attacks would have no basis for being otherwise and we could say that there is NO outcome for the fight that was ever in the fighter's control.

Essentially, whomever won, got lucky.

You guys have to remember that Cain has to beat JDS for five rounds, JDS only has to land once.

Niether one has the others number imo.

That is somewhat of an advanatge for JDS but really I'd argue that his big KO power was gone after that first round. Late in the fight as Cain slowed down aswell he was actually landing some good shots but they didnt have the same zip to them we've seen in the past.

Cain's weakness to me would be more his defence then a lack of standup power, JDS couldnt exploit them but there were openings there still. Cain didnt suddenly devolp brilliant head/foot movement, he just fought in a fashion that limated Jnr's effectiveness.

Cain did in the rematch what I expected him to do in the first fight. That said, against JDS, it's always a coin flip. JDS will always only need one punch, while Cain almost definitely needs 5 rounds.

i dont see how people can claim anyone who has lost as unbeatable.

That is somewhat of an advanatge for JDS but really I'd argue that his big KO power was gone after that first round. Late in the fight as Cain slowed down aswell he was actually landing some good shots but they didnt have the same zip to them we've seen in the past.

Cain's weakness to me would be more his defence then a lack of standup power, JDS couldnt exploit them but there were openings there still. Cain didnt suddenly devolp brilliant head/foot movement, he just fought in a fashion that limated Jnr's effectiveness.

Well yeah Cain hurt and worn JDS down but before he got hurt he rocked coming in a couple of times. He was also throwing nice punches in the later rounds but couldnt connect.

A better gamelan would make the difference

He wasn't injured in the 2nd fight and Sonnen managed to dominate him in the first round.

Yes and he clearly stated that he wanted Sonnen to waste his energy. Sonnen might have made it past his guard easier then he wanted but he let Sonnen get the TD. The second round he clearly did not want that to happen and it showed Sonnen was unable to get the TD.

Well yeah Cain hurt and worn JDS down but before he got hurt he rocked coming in a couple of times. He was also throwing nice punches in the later rounds but couldnt connect.

A better gamelan would make the difference

Agreed I think just punishing Cain for all the failed TD's in the first would have made a difference. You can't just let a guy shoot so wrecklessly and not punish him for it. He should have held him down made Cain carry his weight.

Yes and he clearly stated that he wanted Sonnen to waste his energy. Sonnen might have made it past his guard easier then he wanted but he let Sonnen get the TD. The second round he clearly did not want that to happen and it showed Sonnen was unable to get the TD.

Sonnen mounted him in the first round, i mean imagine if Cain mounts him, that would be terrible for Anderson.

Sonnen mounted him in the first round, i mean imagine if Cain mounts him, that would be terrible for Anderson.

Cain doesn't do that he never mounts or takes peoples backs. He just keeps swining away its why his opponents are almost always able to get back to there feet.

Back