Let's not declare Cain unbeatable quite yet

Who is saying Cain is unbeatable? He already has lost! And he's been hurt in other fights. Same thing for Bones. People are saying he's unbeatable but Vitor caught him with a nasty armbar, so yeah, he can be beaten too.

The argument is that the injury took away the explosivity of his shot, so that he couldn't pressure JDS the way he did in the rematch.

Dumb argument. Exactly how explosive did all those failed attempts in the early goings look? It was the fact that he kept going for them that mattered. In the first fight he seemed content to box and only shot when JDS offered a leg.

True, but I think Silva's hand speed could catch an incoming Cain much better than most. Also, Silva is durable and can submit from the ground. Cain is sloppy on the ground.

You are one of our newest, worst, and most prolific posters. Anderson would struggle beating Frank Mir, let alone Cain. There's a reason why Silva hasn't faced anyone better than Griffin, Bonnar, or Irvin at LHW.

i want to see how good his submission defense is against werdum if goes to the ground.

This is the HW division, anyone is just one punch away to losing or winning.

he never has been unbeatable.
a truely unbeatable man goes by the name of Alistar Overeem
his defence: impenetrable
his offence: unstoppable
his chin: unbreakable
his cardio: unfathomable
his greatness: Legendary.

JDS does definately have the disadvanatge that its harder to see how he changes gameplan but equally its only one match.

Well he was worried about the takedown instead of his chin and got caught. There's one change he could make. Try to counter Cain's takedown attempts instead of just avoiding them, there's another change. He could try and figure out a way where he can plant his feet and land his power shots instead of moving backwards during them. I came up with these and I'm just an mma fan with no background in striking or wrestling. I'm sure he and his coaches will be changing a ton of things the first time around. Would these things let him win, I don't know, but there's definitely things he can gameplan for.

Well he was worried about the takedown instead of his chin and got caught. There's one change he could make. Try to counter Cain's takedown attempts instead of just avoiding them, there's another change. He could try and figure out a way where he can plant his feet and land his power shots instead of moving backwards during them. I came up with these and I'm just an mma fan with no background in striking or wrestling. I'm sure he and his coaches will be changing a ton of things the first time around. Would these things let him win, I don't know, but there's definitely things he can gameplan for.

i think jds should use more knees and uppercuts as a counter when cain's coming in for the the tds because he's good at getting to his feet even if he's taken down anyway. when jds defends the tds without making cain pay for it or worry about eating a fist or knee in the process, he's fighting cain's fight costing him stamina. this benefits cain who's got the better cardio i think cain was afraid of jds uppercutting him in their first fight causing him to not fully commit on his tds but since jds didn't use them the first fight, he went all out the 2nd fight with the td attempts mixing it up well with punches.

with jds using uppercuts and knees to counter cain's tds, he could now use feint uppercuts and knees to get reaction out of him and if there's an opening when the time's right, he could land a bomb and put him away. i really think jds is NOWHERE near his full potential with his natural abilities and skills but if he chooses to stop learning or feels he can jump back into a rematch without improvising a gameplan and working on on his overall mma skills, he'll most likely get whooped again.

Cain has defeated every single fighter he has ever faced. Name one guy who he hasn't beat!

a perfect scenario of jds utilising uppercuts and knees as counters to cain's would play out like this: cain goes for a td jds counters with uppercut but misses and gets taken down. he gets to his feet. cain lunges foward with a punch and misses then tries another td. jds counters with a knee to the body and stuns him then follows up with a crushing overhand. cain goes down with jds on top raining down punches. ref stops the fight. jds wins by tko.

velasquez has as close to a perfect style for mma as there is.

the guy is well-rounded everywhere. he can stand, he can take you down, he can gas you out, he is a threat for a submission on the ground. and because he isn't afraid to stand and trade with you, people have to respect his stand-up, which opens everything else for him.

i see velasquez as a better version of gsp in execution. cain hurts you and usually finishes you.

I don't think I've seen anybody referring to him as unbeatable.

Overeem has the best chance to beat Cain but if I had to put my money on it, I'd probably go with Cain.

Back