Lets be realistic. Tyron Woodley vs Conor McGregor How does it REALLY go?

LEjLE6k.gif

Only difference is, Conor gets finished.

Ive seen lots of threads over 9 years here...where people pick fights and they are predicted but almost nobody gives reasons why they chose who they do.

Here is a fight I would like to know who you would think would win, and also what exactly makes you believe that result would happen. It seems easier to just choose the guy you like better we all know this. After all its a forum where we discuss MMA topics. Thats the way it used to be although its dwindled down over time So rather than choosing your "favorite" fighter look into why you are making your prediction and explain how YOU think it would happen?

My feelings on the fighters first and then my OPINION ON THE FIGHT:

I dont like Conor McGregor's attitude. I think its just over played now. It was a great gimmick at first now I think its just coming off more obnoxious but besides that I wont deny his amazing talent. He is great.

Tyron Woodley, I dont like his personality. The guy is to boring and doesnt excite me for his fights. Hes top of the food chain in his weight class at this moment in time. I believe he beats Wonderboy in a rematch.

SO that being said I believe Tyron vs Conor would be a better back and forth fight than many would expect it to be. I feel it would be very identical to Conor/Nate 2. I see Woodley slowing down by the fourth and Conor at that point starting to come on strong like in the Conor/Nate 2 fight. I think Woodley would need to implement his wrestling and due to being the bigger stronger man finishing Conor on the ground via TKO late in the 4th or in the 5th
#NOBODYCANTAKETHATLEFTHANDSHOT

I think Woodley by TKO inside of 2 minutes. I think he bullies him.

Tyron beats the tats & beard off him...

Conors head would bounce right off thr canvas. Hes nowhere near lawlers level, and woodley KOd him.

I cant even imagine the disgusting massacre it would be watching lawler maul conor.

Woodley more than likely could smother him for a couple of rounds, Conor would be gassed, then Woodley could either drop him with a bomb or take him down and KO/TKO him with GnP.

The only way I see Conor winning is f he Tko's him in the first round, Conor will gas at 170 very quick just like Diaz and when that happens Woodley will absolutely maul him.

Woodley will take it as long as he doesn't allow conor to stay on the outside too long and work his range control skills. Woodley has a tendency to lay out of his own punching range waiting on strikers to come to him in order to counter punch a power blitz.
I don't think Conor is opposed to making it a boring fight. Staying on the outside picking shots and running to win rounds. At the same time, hoping Tyron gets impatient and rushes in. But I don't think Tyron is opposed to making it a boring fight either and wont rush in to satisfy himself or the crowd. Him getting booed and hated in the past actually helps him here.

Whoever makes the first big mistake first loses.
Tyron is very good at making adjustments and if he can get Conor on the ground it wont be pretty.

It sounds like a exciting fight on paper but I think it'll be a boring fight for the first 2 rounds (fighters respecting each other's power) until there's an opportunity for a finish.

Could go either way but I think Tyron's got it.

Conor knocks out Woodley going back as Woodley lunges in for the big right. I don't now what round, but that's what will happen.

People shouldn't underestimate Conor in this situation.

The same things said about Woodley right now were said about Alvarez pre-205. That Alvarez would have the size and the wrestling to beat Conor handidly. Woodley is obviously bigger, but he fights a similar style compared to Alvarez.

That's just the weigh ins. The fight will really have people calling Tyron racist.

They will have to give Tyron a Nobel peace prize for creating a new race there's Black Irish and when Conor wakes up he'll be Black & Blue Irish.

i dont think conor could get by wonderboy. or for that matter condit or lawler.
woodley would have to be the favorite.
Conor is perfect sized for LW, no sense in him going to WW with those boys

I can see him countering Woodley, but holy shit it would it be a bad idea to stay in that weight class. I can't think of any scenario where Maia wouldn't have his way with him.

As long as Conor is fighting the best I'm good. There is no reason for him to fight Diaz unless Nate takes out the entire division which would never happen.

Back