Lets be realistic. Tyron Woodley vs Conor McGregor How does it REALLY go?

It will be like Woodley vs Lawler times 1000!

With Conor being rolled out in a stretcher.

It could, but I don't think Woodley has that level of confidence.

A guy with Woodley's ability could throttle a little guy like McGregor if he commit on his punches like the Lawler fight. The thing is though, that I think Woodley would come in tentative, believing the Conor hype. He'd come in measured, play it safe, and probably walk away with a decision. I just don't think Woodley has that level of confidence (i.e. Diaz level confidence). There is a part of him that knows he could get embarrassed like Eddie. (Nate has no part of him that questions himself.)

Conor would light him up on the feet.

But most likely the size and strength difference would be too much if Tyron clinched up with him and got it to the ground.

Anyone willing to stand against Conor would have a difficult fight at WW, but it's not a good idea for Conor to fight at WW, it will shorten his career.

woodley would put him away with a overhand right.

woodley is so fucking powerful. conor would not have been touched by anything like that yet. and woodley got a chin on him for sure.

Obviously the most likely scenario is Woodley outwrestling Conor and either holding him or possibly smashing him on the ground. I could also see Woodley KO'ing Conor on the feet - he has a crazy ability to close distance suddenly, and he could throw a lead bomb like he does sometimes and catch Conor. Woodley hits extremely hard, if he landed one of his bombs I'd say that would be it.

Conor still has a small chance. He enjoys a slight reach advantage and he'd be the fastest guy Woodley has ever fought. Of course he is accurate too, he could hurt Woodley with his punches. Not sure about his power at WW, but he had no problem hammering Alvarez.

I'd see this as probably 8/10 Woodley. Conor's chances aren't say, Miocic vs MM, where only an injury would stop Miocic winning. But Conor's chances would be slim.

Conor is way too small (manlet). Woodley murders him.

Woodley beats irish jabroni by wrestle-grinding-destruction.

BUT if Woodley stays too much time with his back on the fence irish jabroni has a chance A SMALL ONE.

Tyron boils 'em, mashes 'em, and sticks 'em in a stew.

Woodley shoots for a double leg the second the fight starts and wrestle fucks him to a boring decision.

A roided up conor could definitely take woodleys head off, but LW conor and the WW conor we saw against Diaz would get murdered right infront of our eyes

Why doesn't Woodley want to fight people in his own division?
Oh yeah, he's Furgeson broke

65/35 for Woodley because of his poor fight IQ. I feel like he would actually try to stand with Conor in order to prove a point, to show that "he's a good technical striker as well". If he stays on the outside and plays boxing/timing game with Conor for a prolonged period of time (like he did in the Wonderboy fight) I can see Conor landing that left hand and dropping him. If Woodley actually uses his advantages in size,power and wrestling and wears him down against the cage,constantly going for TD attempts (like he did against Paul Daley for example) he has a great chance.

Woodley poder doubles him to bolivian or a sudden overhand KO.

Woodley made a great job agaisnt a rangier and taller hot streak wonderboy

Conor has struggled against fighters he doesn't have the size advantage on. Same height and reach, obviously Woodley is bigger and has all the "attributes that Conor fears" 3rd round tko with ground and pound is my guess

Conor has a 4" reach advantage over Woodley.

Woodley is a great fighter, but it might be a bad night for him

Wat. I see both listed as having a 74" inch reach. Thompson has a 75" inch reach and well...
(This is the point in the fight where if Conor is still awake, he turns into a panic wrestler)

CavernousHonoredEasternnewt.gif

Dana scaling the octagon fence, and throwing himself in front of McGregor whilst screaming "NO! NO! STOP YOU'RE HURTING HIM!" at Woodley, as he slammed punches down on McGregor.

Wat. I see both listed as having a 74" inch reach. Thompson has a 75" inch reach and well...
(This is the point in the fight where if Conor is still awake, he turns into a panic wrestler)

CavernousHonoredEasternnewt.gif

I've seen Tyron listed at 70", but I guess you can't really trust the stats 100%.

Also known as The Carwin Principle

I know MMA math doesn't work, but Woodley almost murdered a guy bigger, longer and has the striking advantage over him.

Woodley just needs one TD and it's over, he's too big for conor, this would look like Brock vs mir 2 except Conor doesn't have any BJJ to counter woodleys wrestling.

I mean, technically Conor can win, but I would be shocked.

It would require Woodley to lunge onto his hand.

Back