Lets be realistic. Tyron Woodley vs Conor McGregor How does it REALLY go?

Conor has a good style to beat Woodley but Woodley is just too big and strong. Conor himself says you need attributes to beat him and Woodley has all the right ones -- speed, power, explosiveness, and most importantly, size. Unless Woodley gasses I see him smothering Conor and bouncing his head off the canvas.

Should conor take advantage of the 11 cm reach differential to stun tryon early, I believe he could finish him. but if tyron gets him down it will be a short night for conor.

Last edited:
conor by ko. won't be inside of 13 seconds, but definitely in the first minute.

<mma4>

Or this

giphy.gif
Woodley wouldn't be allowed to wear a cape, or bring a hammer.

Woodley is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger. 15-20 pounds more muscle mass.

He will take down Conor at will.

There will be no striking in this fight except for gnp.

200.gif

Woodley should win 7/10 times. Conor is good at defying the odds though

McGregor is 1-1 at 170 and was finished in the 2nd round. An ideal weight class for Conor would probably be something like 162 -164. As it stands 155 is where he's closest to optimum and he should only venture into 170 for a superfight against Penn or GSP.

I could see it going either way. Tyron would be looking to take him down and Conor would still have the stand up advantage despite Woodley being heavier. Height and reach wise, they are similar.

Honestly someone gets wrecked, it wouldn't surprise me who.

Obviously Tyron would be a favourite but he can't fuck around timid with his back to the fence or he will get starched.

If he came out to fight it would be hard to see him not ragdolling and finishing Conor.

something like this

2742-incredible-hulk-smash.gif

Exactly my thoughts, would be crazy and not all that unrealistic to see woodley floor connor on the feet, connor has never faced someone that can hit anywhere in the ballpark as hard as woodley

Last edited:
It's really tough. Tyron can hit that fucking bomb from distance but Conor has really good distance and range too and can be defensive and safe while finding his openings. I think it would come down to whether Conor can avoid being taken down if Woodley came at him super aggressive for power takedowns.

Well when Woodley has been handled or given a good fight it's been by primarily larger fighters. He's used his strength and explosive speed to gain an advantage where he lacks in reach or movement. Conor presents an odd problem. Tyron would be vastly slower than conor but still significantly stronger. Imo conor would have to do his best silva/machida impersonation not to end up on the mat and pummeled. If he stays up right he makes tyron look foolish

I have yet to see Colin look great against anyone he doesn't dwarf, so I'll go with Woodley.

Conor has a 4" reach advantage over Woodley.

Woodley is a great fighter, but it might be a bad night for him

Can't really see his power translating to ww. Unless t wood freezes like the rory fight he shouldn't have any problems

Most likely scenario IMO McGregor gets taken down, and I don't think he'd survive the pounding like Wonderboy did.

I'm done with doubting Conor. The key is avoiding the takedown. He did it easily against Alvarez, but Woodley's size could pose a whole new set of problems. What is to Conor's advantage is that Woodley is a shorter welterweight. If Conor can talk enough smack and get into his head and maybe coerce Woodley into a stand up battle (at least for a while), Conor's precision could potentially catch him.

If it gets to the ground though Conor is pretty much fucked.

SO that being said I believe Tyron vs Conor would be a better back and forth fight than many would expect it to be. I feel it would be very identical to Conor/Nate 2. I see Woodley slowing down by the fourth and Conor at that point starting to come on strong like in the Conor/Nate 2 fight. I think Woodley would need to implement his wrestling and due to being the bigger stronger man finishing Conor on the ground via TKO late in the 4th or in the 5th

What is Very Identical? Is that like Kind of Pregnant? The word Identical is absolute unless lessened by Almost or Nearly. Woodley gets a TD on Conor and TKO, KO's him. In fact Conor may get KO'd on the feet due to having to worry so much about the threat of the TD. Its different having Woodley on top of you than Chad Mendes.

Back