Let's be real, Roy Nelson is the man to beat JDS, if it can be done.

^ that's just a couple pictures of JDS falling into Roy's trap

the-simpsons-s8e3-20090310123022_200x113.jpg

Greatness :D

JDS only has two decision wins and one of them is Big Country. I think if he worked hard enough and trained for it well, he could definitely win a close decision or maybe a surprise sub. I don't see him knocking JDS out though. He'd be better off grinding it out 5 rounds than trying to go for a flash knockout or TKO

I honestly think Pre-Illness Lesnar/Cormier/Arlovski are the only men who stand a chance at dethroning JDS.

Throwing overhands over and over is only going to work against amateurs or grapplers.

Do people even watch boxing?

Why do Sherdoggers keep picking fighters that JDS already smashed
* Werdum
* Velasquez
* and now Nelson

How about picking fighters that JDS hasn't already beaten.

Cormier. Has the speed, power, and wrestling. His stand up ability is increasing at a phenomenal rate!

Throwing overhands over and over is only going to work against amateurs or grapplers.

Do people even watch boxing?

Roy just learned how to throw combinations, didn't you watch the fight? All he ever did before was throw the OH but his killer shot in this fight was the uppercut.

Roy had nothing to offer the first fight.

I think it'll be even less competitive this time.

Willie Nelson has a better chance

Cormier. Has the speed, power, and wrestling. His stand up ability is increasing at a phenomenal rate!

Yeah he is definitely a fighter to look out for the in the heavyweight division or light heavyweight if he ever goes down.

Not too optimistic about Cain's chances, God bless him, but I think Roy still has a shot. Roy's striking is getting better ( throw enough over hand rights, you're gonna get good at landing them), plus he put together some nice combos on Meathead.

I think Roy is pretty underated because of his general apathetic and cocky attitude. Healthy Roy beats Frank Mir. To beat JDS you gotta have a chin, and Roy's got it, plus he can learn from his mistakes. Werdum would be be my second choice to beat JDS, but he doesn't have the chin to do it.

Thoughts?

Ladies and Gentlemen, May I present to you the biggest Roy Nelson fanboy in History!!!

Roy is good, but he is limited.

He just doen

Roy almost got JDS down and landed some bombs on him. Roy is actually one of the few vets who shows improvement still at this point in his career. I could see him catching JDS or eeking out a decision

Are you kidding me? Roy got dummied in that fight, not only has he failed to take JDS down, he also got taken down himself. And no he hasn't improved, he just dropped down in competition

Not too optimistic about Cain's chances, God bless him, but I think Roy still has a shot. Roy's striking is getting better ( throw enough over hand rights, you're gonna get good at landing them), plus he put together some nice combos on Meathead.

I think Roy is pretty underated because of his general apathetic and cocky attitude. Healthy Roy beats Frank Mir. To beat JDS you gotta have a chin, and Roy's got it, plus he can learn from his mistakes. Werdum would be be my second choice to beat JDS, but he doesn't have the chin to do it.

Thoughts?

overeemmissionstatement.jpg

Overeem is a more versatile striker than Dos Santos with the power to knockout anyone. And before you even begin to say, "well he doesn't have the chin"......

He does....

sponghittingovereem.png

overeemhittingspong.png

Neck Exercises For Boxing | LIVESTRONG.COM

Most boxers work hard to strengthen their legs for a good, strong base and their arms for a good, hard punch, but fewer remember to strengthen their neck muscles to better withstand head punches, resist knockouts and avoid injury. A strong neck is crucial to boxing success, and a regular routine of neck exercises every other day will help your head stay balanced and your mind remain alert in the ring.

Resistance Flexions

The best neck exercises for boxers, according to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point's intramural boxing manual, are lateral and vertical neck flexions, using a partner to create resistance. Have a partner place his hand on your forehead with your head upright, then try to bring your chin to your chest, pressing against the resistance of your partner's hand. Reverse the motion by having your partner place a hand on the back of your head while your chin is pressed to your chest, then attempt to raise your head against the resistance. Repeat with resistance to moving your head to each side. Have your partner start with one hand, gently resisting your motion, then have your partner use two hands and more forceful opposition as your strength increases.

0198631472neck-extension-exercise_1.jpg

overeemneckstrengthening.png

Thoughts?

no, no, no, and no

Last night there was a thread about takedown defense being so good that strikers weren't getting taken down anymore and now this? I think the end of the world is actually coming...

Roy is never going to get a title shot, add that to the fact that this thread is really, really stupid.

Back