Let's be real, Roy Nelson is the man to beat JDS, if it can be done.

Roy is never going to get a title shot, add that to the fact that this thread is really, really stupid.

For one, Nelson is a marketing nightmare, two, he is not going to beat JDS, IF he got a title shot, and three Dana does not like Nelson.

JDS would beat the shit out of him, roy couldn't even fight Frank mir...time to be real

Been there done that... Just being real

Roys only realistic chance is if cigano gets tired from bashing his head. He was literally a punching bag when they fought. Couldn't believe my ears when nelson mentioned wanting to fight him again

Fucking hypetrain after 1 knockout shit!!!!!!!!

Roy was completely outclassed by both Mir and Werdum. He looked like a sack of shit against them.

Now he knocks out Meathead who was never a top Heavyweight anyway and we get this?

Come on, sort your life out son.

Avada Kedavra!

Roy Nelson? The man to beat JDS?

2fe.jpg

tumblr_m6jtghNJhy1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Round1JDSDropsNelson.gif

Roy Nelson takedown attempt
zwxnoy.gif

Roy Nelson chance of beating JDS is extremely low. He got dominated in their last fight, he only showcased that his chin is made of something not human.
If he fights JDS again im afraid he will end up taking some serious and permanent damage, if his head has to take that kind of punishment for 5 rounds..

Had to repost this.

Not too optimistic about Cain's chances, God bless him, but I think Roy still has a shot. Roy's striking is getting better (throw enough over hand rights, you're gonna get good at landing them), plus he put together some nice combos on Meathead.

This is stupid. Throw enough overhand rights, you will get countered by anyone with good Boxing and get KTFO.

Go train some Boxing and come back without posting more dumb threads.

Mark Hunt i think has the best chance.

Unfortanately he can't beat the people to get to the champ.

These kinds of analyses always rest on 1 very poor assumption: the fighter who lost is going to improve by leaps and bounds, while the fighter who won will remain stagnant. It doesn't work that way most of the time. JDS has a higher ceiling, and will likely have improved more than Roy by the time they meet again (which they probably won't). Nelson has some of the worst striking defense in MMA, and will end up like Chuck with the shots he's been taking.

Cain and Overeem present bigger challenges to JDS. I like Nelson, but JDS would use him as a punching bag. Again.

Mark Hunt i think has the best chance.

Unfortanately he can't beat the people to get to the champ.

ummm.. no. he got ko'ed by manhoef

cormier is the biggest threat to jds, olympic wrestler with nice kickboxing skills

Every time Roy faces a contender it's always one sided. I don't think KO'ing a bunch of guys that are nowhere near title contention means he suddenly got a whole lot better.

Back