Lets be honest - Conor has poor defence

Aw, the poor McGregor fan is butthurt because I'm not praising him. Go pop a midol and go to bed little lady.

chris-weidman-knockout-anderson-silva-ufc-162.jpg

Lol no, most of us had Mercer winning since Tim is a one dimensional striker with less striking acumen.

Lesnar won the title because he's a grappler, able to get into a position to use ground and pound. A wrestler with a strong sub game or strong ground and pound is no longer a one dimensional fighter. Mayweather wouldn't do shit in mma. 135 and 145 are filled with lifelong grapplers. Hell, even Conor who got taken down easily by Mendes has a brown belt in bjj. He was able to scramble and impose his will. How does Mayweather do that? Run away? Lol you are really reaching.

Why you would compare a boxer to Lesnar is beyond me.

Lesnar wasn't one dimensional? C'mon, now who's reaching. My point was,he was just as one dimensional as Floyd would be, with far less of a skill advantage, & a far less obvious way to impose that skill. Expected u to be able to make that comparison tbh.

Mayweather could pretty much unleash a barrage of punches & run away if he had to, yes. The octagon is pretty big. It worked for Condit.

I'm not ignoring James Toney getting owned. People are assuming I think Mayweather would win, which I don't. There's a definite underestimation of the significance of his handspeed & power though. Look how impressive Dillashaw looked vs Barao & Mayweather would look light years ahead of that. I'm just saying its not as cut & dried as people think. Although he would beat Rousey, I do think that.

Tied for most top wins
Greatest striker in MMA history
Most title defenses in UFC history
Top 5 wins across 3 weight classes

Oh and, your man crush also praises him and considers him the greatest as well.

But you don't want to talk about a mediocre Kimbo Slice destroying Mercer? Or James Toney looking like a helpless sack of potatoes against an older Randy Couture?

Smaller gloves also means that it's much harder to defend against punches. People forget that. A lot of what works in boxing defensively will not work in MMA for that reason alone. Freddie Roach himself admitted that when he was working with MMA fighters. That is without even mentioning the threat of takedowns, knees, clinch, kicks etc. When boxers get in to trouble they often hold their opponents to get a break. You try that in MMA and it' over for a boxer. Sylvia was a tailor made match-up for any boxer. Slow, lumbering fighter who won't try to take you down. Ask James Toney about MMA when all aspects are employed. Toney claimed that he would be murdering people with the smaller gloves. He claimed that he would be the first to get a KO from off of his back. He claimed that he would never surrender to a submission. Talk is cheap motherfucker.

Lesnar had an extensive wrestling background. Let's not pretend that didn't play a huge role in his success. How many takedowns has Mayweather ever stuffed? How many submissions has he defended against?

High-level professional boxers who have trained MMA like David Haye have confessed that wrestling is absolutely grueling on your cardio. It weakens your legs and ruins your punching power. How well equipped is Mayweather for handling that?

Not ignoring that, nor do I think Mayweather would cope well with wrestling.

I'm saying that a fight is unpredictable & he may win or cause big damage early in certain fights before that became an issue. Other times, he get smashed.

Anderson's defense , while unorthodox, was amazing. Getting caught happens. If you want to see how rolling with a punch takes serious power off of it, just watch Hendo's uppercuts on Anderson. Andy had a granite chin but without rolling with them Hendo would have had him in all sorts of trouble.

Lesnar wasn't one dimensional? C'mon, now who's reaching. My point was,he was just as one dimensional as Floyd would be, with far less of a skill advantage, & a far less obvious way to impose that skill. Expected u to be able to make that comparison tbh.

Mayweather could pretty much unleash a barrage of punches & run away if he had to, yes. The octagon is pretty big. It worked for Condit.

I'm not ignoring James Toney getting owned. People are assuming I think Mayweather would win, which I don't. There's a definite underestimation of the significance of his handspeed & power though. Look how impressive Dillashaw looked vs Barao & Mayweather would look light years ahead of that. I'm just saying its not as cut & dried as people think. Although he would beat Rousey, I do think that.

When Lesnar added vicious ground strikes he no longer became one dimensional. I know you ate a lot of lead paint chips but cmon, son.

Barao slaughters Mayweather. May has no power, no grappling, and no sub defense. You're truly touched by the Just Tard God.

Conor doesn't roll with punches. I know you morons like to parrot everything that the fanatics say about him, but no. Anderson Silva is the king of rolling with punches in MMA, he also had the best footwork in MMA for a very long time, along with incredible head movement. That's good defense, son.

Conor doesn't roll with the punches simply because the omniscient one Redhawks100 said so. He is the sole decider of all truths. No need for offering any supporting evidence either. He can just make a claim and run away with his tail tucked between the legs and it's suddenly a fact.

Silva rolled real well against Weidman didn't he? Conor has been KO'd never. Conor has never received so much as a scratch in the stand-up.

Silva was caught with steroids so I could care less about his PED-aided accomplishments anymore. Now cry about it. How embarrassing that your cult leader is a known cheater. Hide your head in shame.

Last edited:
Chad is a pretty good wrestler you know.. but I don't buy the "I couldn't train wrestling" because of his injury,just trying to make the win look more impressive than it was, I would it a B-

Anderson's defense , while unorthodox, was amazing. Getting caught happens. If you want to see how rolling with a punch takes serious power off of it, just watch Hendo's uppercuts on Anderson. Andy had a granite chin but without rolling with them Hendo would have had him in all sorts of trouble.

Yeah, I know. I was just playing with Redhawks

I've seen the argument that he's regressed and i'm not sold on it. I see the differences in how he fights but I think that is more that his opponents are at a higher skill level.

You can't just wait around for the flawless stand up performance on Chad Mendes like he's Ivan Buchinger. There are other things going on and pushing the pace for taking some punches is a worthy trade off if it means Mendes forcing Mendes to exchange and use his gas tank.

He absolutely looked as sharp as he ever had against fellow striker Holloway.

Oh I agree the better comp is definitely a factor in his "regression". Aldo is the best counter striker in the UFC. Will be a huge test for Conor because he's goin to get cracked and Aldo throws vicious strikes with bad intentions.

He scraped past a midget (his words) on 3 weeks notice. Taken down with no resistance. Showed resolve, heart. Mendes landed too much if I was a Conor fan

Takedown with no resistance.......he stuffed like 50% of the takedowns by Chad......the best wrestler in the fw division with like 20 years of wrestling under his belt. Then Chad goes for his camps signature submission and which Conor expertly defends, then Chad gets dropped by he same shit he got tagged by all night.

Getting taken down by the best wrestler in division, defending and mounting an offence from the ground, then scrambling out, then outstriking Mendes all night is barley scraping by......

This is isn't even counting how Conor took some hard shots from Mendes (who dropped Aldo and has some great power) which he then was taunting Mendes after, then made his his bitch.

God I wanted Mendes to win so bad but Conor out MMA'ed him that night and thats all that matters.

He's got a great chin. Nothing wrong with that.
Just acknowledge it and move on with your life.

Huge link between punching power and cardio

But Mendes did still land some nice shots and Conor took them without much problem.

Still, he was cut up on both sides and was taken down 4 times. Had Chad fought a little smarter and maybe didn't feel pressured by time knowing he was on a short tank that punching might have added up to some real damage. But I don't think anyone at 145 can one-punch KO Conor or even stagger him with a punch. And his fighting style is fun to watch. He gets after it and it forces some good action.

No he wasn't.

Skipping over some of the posts just on the last page....oh my.

Mayweather having success at mma? LoL

Conor having no defense? LoL

Conor somehow having an advantage getting Chad on 3 weeks notice? LOOOL

This place some times....

Skipping over some of the posts just on the last page....oh my.

Mayweather having success at mma? LoL

Conor having no defense? LoL

Conor somehow having an advantage getting Chad on 3 weeks notice? LOOOL

This place some times....

Posts 4226. The irony is lost on you it seems

Back