Legends turning quiters late in career

being 38 not fighting for the better part of a decade what would be the other reasons to be there?
I'm just saying I don't think he prepared that well for the fight and really didn't care because he wanted to get paid. If you're 38 you could comeback to fight because you actually cared if you won or wanted rove you could still fight.

I love Nick, but undoubtedly he quit last night. It sounds like it wasn't even because he was hurt, it sounded like from his interview in the cage postfight it was because he THOUGHT he had too much damage on his face and started to bleed too much, which is a ridiculous reason, especially considering how easily Nick bleeds in his fights.

It's odd because you know Nick is a warrior. I don't know if he's a legend per se, his hype seems to be greater than what he was in his prime, like his brother, but he's really high on my book. He's definitely a tier below elites like GSP and Fedor, but a couple tiers below.

I wonder if we will see more legends going out like this. I'm not as high on Frank Mir or Diego as I am on Nick, but they had a great career as well and they both quit in one of their recent fights. It's funnier since Frank Mir previously talked shit on fighters who quit, but then he tapped to strikes standing against a journeyman he was supposed to beat.

Then there's Shogun too, who in my opinion is the second greatest LHW of all time in his prime, who ended up quitting to strikes recently.

If you told someone back in 2010's, that Frank Mir, Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, Shogun Rua will all end up quitting in their fights, they would've told you you are bat shit crazy.

I guess father time is undefeated truly. Even mentally.
A tier below? Lol, he doesn't even remotely compare

I wouldn't of thought it was crazy. Usually older fighters are smarter about damage and know when a fights over. Don't want to have scrambled eggs for brains or meals for the rest of your life.

Lawler smashed that nose, bet none of you guys even noticed. Diaz has a huge head and nose, so you know that shit made him not able to breath.

This isn't Anime, OP. Power of friendship or whatever the fuck, will do fuck all here.

Let's see how hot you look after Lawler destroys your nose, big shot.

Nick is old and out of shape.
Looked like 47 yo in the cage.

The more I watch that fight, the more I am impressed. I was hatin last night night but Nick really put on a beautiful performance. His boxing and composure was simply beautiful, true martial ARTS at it’s finest. To be off that long and perform like that is amazing. I hope to see him back,

Did no one actually hear what he had to say after the fight? He said the fight shouldn't have been booked and that he has to change his management. Sounds to me he's under some slave like contract or risked getting sued if he didn't take the fight even though he knew had no business going in there.
Sucks to be Nick then 'cuz he had no business being in there. At 185 making Bisping look like fucking like fucking Mike Tyson powerful. Nick should stay retired if he isn't getting paid HUGE. Wonder if he is? Anyone know the pay stats?

I wonder how many of the folks defending Nick here have shit on GSP for tapping. Not a criticism of either fighter or any poster, I'm just genuinely curious.

Why is it seen as being a pussy to submit to strikes that can permanently fuck up your brain when you're obviously finished and have no chance to win but it's acceptable and normal to tap to a choke which has virtually no chance of having any long term negative effect? MMA fans are fucking dorks
This
Will never understand it, hey

Nick was never any good...??

Am i doing this right sherdog?..

When a guy is fighting later in their career, knowing the belt is clearly out of reach I think it's easier to give in. It's kind of normal, really. Right?
I meant, he stated at the preflight presser that the winner of his fight should be fighting for the belt. So, idk.

I had bet money on Robbie so was not upset at all by Nick quitting… i actually thought it was funny, he went to his back and when Robbie didnt want to play ju jitsu, nick was like ‘well fuck that was my strategy… hmmm think ima call it then’ … like Lmao wtf, god bless him

So if someone quits once,at the end of their career,edgelords heave the rock theyve been living under aside to try and insinuate that Diaz can be summed up as a quitter.

Did no one actually hear what he had to say after the fight? He said the fight shouldn't have been booked and that he has to change his management. Sounds to me he's under some slave like contract or risked getting sued if he didn't take the fight even though he knew had no business going in there.
Nicks always been irrational with his excuses. Who knows whats really going on there

I hate to say it, but seeing his physique change the last few months really makes me think he's secretly back on the bottle hard.

He was beat up and gassed out. He wants a few other fights before he bows out again. No need to take a concussion if you don't have to.

I love Nick, but undoubtedly he quit last night. It sounds like it wasn't even because he was hurt, it sounded like from his interview in the cage postfight it was because he THOUGHT he had too much damage on his face and started to bleed too much, which is a ridiculous reason, especially considering how easily Nick bleeds in his fights.

It's odd because you know Nick is a warrior. I don't know if he's a legend per se, his hype seems to be greater than what he was in his prime, like his brother, but he's really high on my book. He's definitely a tier below elites like GSP and Fedor, but a couple tiers below.

I wonder if we will see more legends going out like this. I'm not as high on Frank Mir or Diego as I am on Nick, but they had a great career as well and they both quit in one of their recent fights. It's funnier since Frank Mir previously talked shit on fighters who quit, but then he tapped to strikes standing against a journeyman he was supposed to beat.

Then there's Shogun too, who in my opinion is the second greatest LHW of all time in his prime, who ended up quitting to strikes recently.

If you told someone back in 2010's, that Frank Mir, Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, Shogun Rua will all end up quitting in their fights, they would've told you you are bat shit crazy.

I guess father time is undefeated truly. Even mentally.

Same thing happened to Chris Leben, he quit in his last UFC fight.

I meant, he stated at the preflight presser that the winner of his fight should be fighting for the belt. So, idk.

True, but that was before the fight when he planned on beating Robbie. Two rounds in, badly gassed and having taken a fair amount of damage changes the dynamic a little.

Back