Economy Legal weed is not going as the government hoped.

Or there will be price fixing and manipulation like many other commodities.

That's true. Price fixing occurs when there are only a few providers though. The weed industry has a lower cost of entry. Pretty much any agriculturally savvy geek can open a dispensary if they get licensed.

Fair.

Those people are making a living and that's fine and I understand that having morals is a luxury for some, but I think what they're doing is deeply immoral, whether or not it is legal, and I'm glad they are being undercut. I don't want them to lose all their money and be homeless and starve or anything, but whatever other legal thing they were doing to make a living before weed was legalized could use their talents.

How is it immoral? Operating a legal business is plenty moral. Sucks people are still in jail over weed but that's not on these business owners. They'd still be in jail regardless if these new dispensaries opened up or not. And a lot of these legal dispensaries were operating as medical dispensaries before the laws changed so their talents were being used in the same way before.

Still feels like you are directing your ire towards the wrong targets.

Corporate weed was a con job to screw over American people AGAIN.

We put people in prison for a harmless crime. Then we decided that the harmless thing wasn't criminal. The absolute priority should have been to make amends with those people whose life we stole. Instead, we decided to profit from the exact same harmlessness that we ruined their lives over.

That's actually evil. Until every person in jail for weed is freed, not a single dispensary should have been allowed to exist.

It's not harmless. But your larger point is 100% spot on.

That's true. Price fixing occurs when there are only a few providers though. The weed industry has a lower cost of entry. Pretty much any agriculturally savvy geek can open a dispensary if they get licensed.

That is the state of that particular economy now.

Just like media, food, etc, it will concentrate over time.

This also doesn't help a company trying to make it. California won't even let weed companies do standard deductions.

The Tax Court has denied a California medical-marijuana dispensary’s deductions for ordinary and necessary business expenses and costs of goods sold. The Court also found that the government’s dismissal with prejudice of a previous civil forfeiture action against the taxpayer did not bar the deficiency determination.

https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/news...sold-claimed-by-medical-marijuana-dispensary/

How is it immoral? Operating a legal business is plenty moral. Sucks people are still in jail over weed but that's not on these business owners. They'd still be in jail regardless if these new dispensaries opened up or not. And a lot of these legal dispensaries were operating as medical dispensaries before the laws changed so their talents were being used in the same way before.

Still feels like you are directing your ire towards the wrong targets.

That's not what moral means.

If the government said all Sherdog posters are allowed to steal food and I were walking around eating stolen food while there are children in the street starving and other children imprisoned for trying to not starve, I'm a shitty, immoral person, legal or not.

You're saying that, "fuck you, I'mma get mine" is a moral way to live. It's the opposite.

This also doesn't help a company trying to make it. California won't even let weed companies do standard deductions.

The Tax Court has denied a California medical-marijuana dispensary’s deductions for ordinary and necessary business expenses and costs of goods sold. The Court also found that the government’s dismissal with prejudice of a previous civil forfeiture action against the taxpayer did not bar the deficiency determination.

https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/news...sold-claimed-by-medical-marijuana-dispensary/

it's going to be like that till it's legalized nationally.

I was sworn by the educated pot heads that legalizing it would get rid of cartels and drug dealers though

Yeah this never made sense to me. Those educated pot heads have some explaining to do for the current cartel situation.

Never touched weed or any drug in my life but I do enjoy reading these kind of threads.

That's not what moral means.

If the government said all Sherdog posters are allowed to steal food and I were walking around eating stolen food while there are children in the street starving and other children imprisoned for trying to not starve, I'm a shitty, immoral person, legal or not.

You're saying that, "fuck you, I'mma get mine" is a moral way to live. It's the opposite.

Did you consider the medical marijuana dispensaries to be immoral as well? Or was it only when they followed legalization that they became immoral?

Yeah this never made sense to me. Those educated pot heads have some explaining to do for the current cartel situation.

What's to explain? Weed is still illegal everywhere in the US, and where state/local governments have thumbed their noses at federal law they aren't allowing normal market forces to operate. Supply is limited and taxation is exorbitant.

Did you consider the medical marijuana dispensaries to be immoral as well? Or was it only when they followed legalization that they became immoral?

Good question, but I think it's fairly easy to argue that providing people with medicine is moral whereas trying to make a quick buck is neutral. When you add in the cultural circumstances, neutral becomes negative.

What's to explain? Weed is still illegal everywhere in the US, and where state/local governments have thumbed their noses at federal law they aren't allowing normal market forces to operate. Supply is limited and taxation is exorbitant.

Weed is legal nationally here and black market is still killing it.

I think mostly because of price and poor rollout by govt. Very limited amount of stores for our province. There were about 100 illegal dispensaries (with line ups at all of them, always) in Toronto and they tried to replace that with 4 stores and a crappy mail order system.

Weed is legal nationally here and black market is still killing it.

I think mostly because of price and poor rollout by govt. Very limited amount of stores for our province. There were about 100 illegal dispensaries (with line ups at all of them, always) in Toronto and they tried to replace that with 4 stores and a crappy mail order system.

lol

My state just announced the plan to decriminalize possession of a whopping three grams. No jail time for it, but you can still get a $130 fine. Yeah, that'll make some kinda difference. :rolleyes:

Similar issues here in Ontario.

Few people are willing to pay $18/g when you can get similar quality stuff for as low as $7/g online delivered to your door in as couple days or from your "regular" guy ".

I work in the medical cannabis field in ontario. What strains are 18 bucks a gram that arent coming from whistler?
Even medreleaf is around 9 through 12.
Aurora at 8.50 average, spectrum up to 9,
Aphria around 7 through 9.

I dont check the ocs often because going through med market yields lower prices even without compassionate pricing.

Sidenote: canntrust is fucked.

lol

My state just announced the plan to decriminalize possession of a whopping three grams. No jail time for it, but you can still get a $130 fine. Yeah, that'll make some kinda difference. :rolleyes:

That's a good start to be honest.

Lots of people thought it sounds be better to decriminalize instead of legalize to begin with.

You're allowed to carry 30g around for personal use here. The fun part is you can just walk onto a domestic flight with a bunch of weed.

I work in the medical cannabis field in ontario. What strains are 18 bucks a gram that arent coming from whistler?
Even medreleaf is around 9 through 12.
Aurora at 8.50 average, spectrum up to 9,
Aphria around 7 through 9.

I dont check the ocs often because going through med market yields lower prices even without compassionate pricing.

Sidenote: canntrust is fucked.

The high THC indica stuff (pink kush) was going for like $18. Had a look after work today and it was down quite a bit 14-15.

In Colorado, schools are being renovated, projects are getting funded and much more, even if we aren't at full realization of the game. We just hit $1billion in tax revenue total since it was legalized, and I'm 100% cool with that. We passed TABOR years ago, and just a few years ago we got asked on our ballots if we wanted to get like $5 or $8 back per person in the state because we collected TOO MUCH tax revenue, or would we like to renovate a few more schools. Well, give it to the schools, I can go without a coffee here or there and not be concerned.

It takes time. For people like me, who never really smoked weed, but want to try gummies, bars, lube, etc where those are fairly regulated in amounts, I'm good with going to a dispensary. I don't know any dealers, so the dispensaries are likely getting more adults like me.

Masshole....wants to try lube ?

<Moves>

Back